Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the odds Lyn-J stays all 4 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,114

What are the odds Lyn-J stays all 4 years

Nov 26, 2019, 1:10 PM

I think if he has a Etienne type season next year, then he leaves, but if he gets like 1,100 yards or so & would project to a 3rd rounder or worse, then he'd come back, how he handles being the #1 back next year, will have a huge impact on how successful we are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not great***

Nov 26, 2019, 1:16 PM

Re: What are the odds Lyn-J stays all 4 years

Nov 26, 2019, 1:18 PM

Right now he is the clear #2 back, but I'm not sure it's exactly set in stone at this point that he will be the clear #1 by next season.

Nov 26, 2019, 1:24 PM

Agree. He will get his shot but he hasn't had enough wow plays to make me assume he will definitely beat out everyone, most notably the big time RB recruits we have coming in. I wouldn't be surprised if he grows into an NFL back though. Solid, solid #2 for now.

Nov 26, 2019, 1:21 PM

Bowman will be a beast, as soon as he can pick up the protection schemes look out!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

I can see Bowman or Mellusi really challenging Dixon.

I don't see Dukes being able to challenge because he and Dixon have such a similar skillset and Dixon will keep his advantage in experience.

Pryor won't challenge because he isn't set to enroll until summer.

Nov 26, 2019, 1:55 PM

I don't see him keeping the starting job outside of next year.

Nov 26, 2019, 2:30 PM

Lyn-J Dixon career stats 144 carries 1059 yards 7.4 avg 10 TDs & has 11 rec for 170 yards
those are pretty good stats, not ETN though, if he can average 7.4 as a #1 back then we would be good

To my amazement, ETN's YPC has gone UP the more

Nov 26, 2019, 3:05 PM

carries he gets. After his freshman season most of us just assumed his avg would drop a yard or two with the heavier workload and more shorter goal line work that a #1 gets. ETN is unreal. Only a few games left to enjoy it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To my amazement, ETN's YPC has gone UP the more

Nov 26, 2019, 3:20 PM

yeah very sad to see ETN, Isaiah & Tee leaving, they have been such a huge part of our 26 game winning streak

Nov 26, 2019, 4:24 PM

Besides how successful he is next year and where he's projected to go in the draft, a lot will depend on how much LJD likes/hates the college experience.

Nov 26, 2019, 4:26 PM

well I know from the videos on the Clemson Vlog that they put out each week that he is featured dancer post game

Not Good

Nov 26, 2019, 6:26 PM

The chances Lynn J stays all 4 are slim. Especially if Melussi, Bowman, Dukes, Pryor are who we think they are. He will get the 1st opportunity next year for certain. He will likely be far more advanced than everyone else! You have to Keep Trevor standing up right - don't forget about that.
So you wouldn't necessarily put Bowman out there just b/c he is a beast at running it. TL as good as he is can't help you much if he is getting tattoed b/c the running back is lousy at pass pro.

BTW, LJD23 is a beast at carrying the rock! He makes the most out of his touches!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lyn-J and ETN

Nov 26, 2019, 7:03 PM

Freshman years were about equal
Sophomore years ETN's was ahead of where Lyn-J is
Lyn-J will need a breakout junior year with better blocking and better pass catching if he wants to think about going pro after next year. ETN made that progression... Lyn-J can as well, but his blocking especially is not as good as ETNs was as a sophomore

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lyn-J and ETN

Nov 26, 2019, 7:08 PM

I think you're right. But, people who advise these young people start thinking about millions. The money is in the 2nd contract though. But, you won't get there if you aren't able to latch on in the first place.
I agree Lynn J is not at the same place ETN was as a Sophomore. I don't think it's a gross separation as far as running ability; but a clear separation. He will have to make the leap before next season if he is going to make himself that guaranteed drafted Running Back!
Which is the only way he should leave for certain!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic