Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Fox misleads American viewers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 755

How Fox misleads American viewers

Apr 9, 2020, 8:22 PM

In this article are a number of charts showing the use of words like Hydrochlorquinine, Hoax, Illegals, Witch Hunt and other by-words that convince people of things other than the truth. The charts are mentions on Fox News vs other media outlets. It's really quite interesting.

I think it important to note that Rupert Murdoch, an oligarch, and owner of Fox News, is doing to American's political system the same thing he did to Britain's. He inflames anger, hooks the viewers and makes billions on ad sales. Middle-class whites as victims, illegal immigrants taking jobs, no trust for institutions and other media outlets provide only lies and fake news. It's quite a lucrative formula.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/09/ingraham-hannity-have-been-talking-about-hydroxochloroquine-twice-much-any-other-show/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IKR remember this hoax on Fox News?

Apr 9, 2020, 8:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IKR remember this hoax on Fox News?

Apr 9, 2020, 11:58 PM

Agreed, Maddow is just as bad as Fox. Propaganda is propaganda whether left or right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IKR remember this hoax on Fox News?

Apr 10, 2020, 6:00 AM

I agree. Maddow - unlike Hannity or Carlson - has some respectable journalist credentials...which is why it's sad to see her lapse into punditry. She needs to work far harder on her objectivity but she's gone down that rabbit hole.

Even Slate - which usually slants leftish - has noticed, and they did a bit on it last year. And this is what I'm talking about by "cable punditry", and an example of what we have to get out of our journalism - on both sides - so we're back to actually talking to one another instead of getting heaps of heated invective from both directions that have us at one another's throats.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/rachel-maddow-mueller-report-trump-barr.html

Re: How Fox misleads American viewers

Apr 9, 2020, 9:13 PM

Idiot

Apr 9, 2020, 9:38 PM

I hate to say it, but fox has been a lot better than CNN and MSDNC in the coronavirus coverage and death estimates.

What are the death estimates from each network?

Apr 10, 2020, 1:32 AM

I am rather curious since you have been taking notes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are the death estimates from each network?

Apr 10, 2020, 7:15 AM

Fox- not deaded
MSNBC- dead
CNN- dead

HTH!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 7:02 AM

Can middle class whites never be victims?

Apr 10, 2020, 7:24 AM

I used to love Fox until the 2nd Iraq war. They are garbage to me now overall, but they do have a few good people. I like Neil Cavuto and Wallace. There are a couple of others. I think Tucker has gone a little overboard, but quite often, more than not, he is on to something. He is legit. He isn't some partisan hack. I think Hannity, Ingraham, and Judge Perino, are bad for the country and humanity in general. Dirtbags.

What's this Fox News you speak of?

Apr 10, 2020, 7:24 AM

Is it the network which claimed that DJT's campaign didn't conspire with Russia? Wasn't that investigated by both the senate and congress after being investigated by the America's Federal Bureau of Investigation and just before Mueller independently spent two years and 4 or 5 months looking for Americans who conspired with Russia to steal the election from Hillary and give it to Trump?

Yeah, I remember now, that's the one, Fox is the network that claimed the Trump campaign didn't conspire with Russia and based the lack of evidence proving he did. Strange how all four investigations resulted in no evidence and Mueller claiming to have found no evidence that any American conspired with Russia.

What we you saying about Fox deceiving America and having white people in the palm of their hand?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 755
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic