Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Quinshad Davis done with SCar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Quinshad Davis done with SCar

Jan 24, 2012, 9:05 AM

Quinshad Davis done with SCar

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are our chances with this kid? It seems like we (and

Jan 24, 2012, 9:19 AM

USuCk) just weren't very interested. Rivals is gaga over the kid but he's way less recruited than you'd expect a 4-Star WR to be. I do know he had better numbers than Shaq Roland this year...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's a very good player.....

Jan 24, 2012, 9:24 AM

but neither Clemson nor $CU really has the room for another WR in the 2012 class. The young man has really become a victim of the numbers game which is one of the disadvantages and risks in dragging out the recruiting process all the way up to signing day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think he's a very good player.....

Jan 24, 2012, 9:41 AM

SCar did offer him recently after saying they were full at WR. Clemson told him early on that they were only taking 1 WR and Hopper took that spot.

null

Clemson may still take him.....

Jan 24, 2012, 9:52 AM

but only if it looks like we are going to end up with an extra ship as NSD approaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he comes here

Jan 24, 2012, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I think he's a very good player..... ]

Hope on signing day he pulls trigger and commits to Clemson.

Re: I think he's a very good player.....

Jan 24, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I think he's a very good player..... ]

I was about to say the exact samething. Some of these kids put to much into the stardom of the process. Somebody should have taught these kids about that the old saying, strike when the iron is hot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are our chances with this kid? It seems like we (and

Jan 24, 2012, 9:44 AM [ in reply to What are our chances with this kid? It seems like we (and ]

Saw him play about 5 times and he is the real deal. He also has it above the shoulders.

Jan 24, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to What are our chances with this kid? It seems like we (and ]

I think the last thing we need is another wide receiver. I think we should be going after LBs, DBs, DEs, and DTs, oh and O-line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to What are our chances with this kid? It seems like we (and ]

IMHO we have more W/r`s now than we have balls to throw to them!if he was O/T or D/t that is another story!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think we offered this kid so who has besides SCU?

Jan 24, 2012, 9:19 AM

nm

We offered early, but he wanted to wait.. Hopper jumped

Jan 24, 2012, 9:21 AM

on board and that was it at WR....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis...

Jan 24, 2012, 9:23 AM

but he's obviously a lot smarter than test scores have given him credit for............:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard just the opposite, that his grades were good.

Jan 24, 2012, 9:42 AM

Who knows?

Re: read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis...

Jan 24, 2012, 9:57 AM [ in reply to read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis... ]

Where you getting your info about grades? (link)

The kid is very smart

Wake Forest is recruiting him pretty hard...

Jan 24, 2012, 10:51 AM [ in reply to read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis... ]

His grades are pretty good from everything I have heard about his recruitment

My source said that he is going to Wake Forest

Jan 24, 2012, 11:08 AM

He is the assistant coach at Gaffney. Davis has a pretty good head on his shoulders and probably thinking about life outside of football. Wake is a good academic school also.

If Clemson ends up with a extra Ship, he will likely get it

Jan 24, 2012, 11:12 AM

Otherwise, rumor has it he will sign with Wake or NC State.

Jan 24, 2012, 10:54 AM [ in reply to read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis... ]

I read somewhere that he was very close to the top of his high school class.

Don't know about that but he is fully qualified academically***

Jan 24, 2012, 11:10 AM

Jan 24, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to read there were some questions about grades for Mr. Davis... ]

He has a 4.5 gpr.....I'd think that was pretty good!

Re: Recruit Update: Quinshad Davis done with SCar

Jan 24, 2012, 9:37 AM

There are no grade issues. Young man is on the honor roll and a hard worker in the class room.

HE is a high school beast, who may grow into a productive college WR. He lacks the true speed (despite what some numbers are reported as) to be elite o the D1 level and that may likely keep him from ever going farther.

But he is a 5* character kid, a 5* worker, and a good football player. I coached him in little league. He wants to be a Tiger. Publicly we do not have room, but he has been told not to committ anywhere else before NSD.

I heard basically the same thing.....

Jan 24, 2012, 9:42 AM

He wants to be a Tiger and Clemson will offer him provided they have an extra/unused ships as signing day approaches.

How much do I love that you said "SCar"????

Jan 24, 2012, 9:41 AM

Awesome

And he's anti-coot too?? We cant even get one of our legacys

Jan 24, 2012, 9:51 AM

to NOT SIGN with the coots.

so sign this kid up

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't have space for him

Jan 24, 2012, 9:52 AM

besides we're pretty full at WR. We need that scholarship for more players on the D-line.

We have more DL on scholarship than anyone in D1 right now

Jan 24, 2012, 10:33 AM

how many you want?

Re: We have more DL on scholarship than anyone in D1 right now

Jan 24, 2012, 11:45 AM

With our defense on the field so much because of our fast paced scoring offense, we need them.

Re: We have more DL on scholarship than anyone in D1 right now

Jan 24, 2012, 11:45 AM [ in reply to We have more DL on scholarship than anyone in D1 right now ]

I want some quality ones. The fact that we have so many but so few ever see the field points to the fact that we did the whole quantity over quality thing. If we really didn't have a need at the DE/DT position then we wouldn't be hearing all the talk about needing freshmen to come in and play right away. Aside from a few players, we don't have QUALITY depth at theose positions.

I'm also done with SCar too

Jan 24, 2012, 9:55 AM

of course I was never was not done with them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we'll survive. ***

Jan 24, 2012, 1:14 PM

Until your probation period hits.***

Jan 24, 2012, 1:35 PM

"done with Scar" - aren't we

Jan 24, 2012, 7:10 PM

All?

Doesn't look great...

Jan 24, 2012, 7:32 PM

According to ESPN: For three-star receiver Quinshad Davis (Gaffney, S.C./Gaffney) it’s down to three schools -- Wake Forest, North Carolina and Tennessee, according to his coach Dan Jones.

“Quinshad will visit Tennessee this weekend,” Jones said. “He knows the Vols need receivers and that they have a young quarterback that can really throw the ball.”

Davis, 6-foot-2 and 180-pounds, made an official visit to North Carolina this past weekend. It was a very good and productive visit for Davis and his mother.

“Oh, he had a real good visit,” Jones said. “I think he like coach (Larry) Fedora and that staff. He knows they are going to really throw the football. What he has to get over and what Quinshad has a question with is the probation stuff.”

The one team holding steady with Davis is Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons have done a great job of recruiting him from day one. He made an official visit there earlier this month.

“The bottom line is that Wake Forest has really built that relationship with him,” Jones said. “They are definitely in this thing.”

According to Jones, Davis will make his decision at the high school on national signing day, which is one week from tomorrow. The nation’s No. 51 ranked receiver had a monster senior season, catching 108 passes for over 2,000 yards and 24 scores.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic