Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What am I missing? I luv FB what does this ND marriage bring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

What am I missing? I luv FB what does this ND marriage bring

Sep 12, 2012, 4:45 PM

to ACC better yet Clemson as it pertains to FB?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What am I missing? I luv FB what does this ND marriage bring

Sep 12, 2012, 4:46 PM

Not a thing, that I can see !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty

Sep 12, 2012, 4:47 PM

Renegotiated TV contract, better bowl tie ins probably coming, and a stabilized ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TV contract-TBD,better bowl tie ins (probably),stabilized

Sep 12, 2012, 4:54 PM

ACC I think $50 mill exit fee does that more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TV contract-TBD,better bowl tie ins (probably),stabilized

Sep 12, 2012, 4:56 PM

well it's all tied in together...doubt the presidents would have agreed to that buyout without ND's addition

I'm not so sure but....

Sep 12, 2012, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Plenty ]

I am going to reserve judgment until I've read the full terms of the agreement.

On the surface, I think this has the potential to be very good for the league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They are not gonna renegotiate the TV contract

Sep 12, 2012, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Plenty ]

Unless ND becomes a football member. I can't seem to make any of you understand this so as time rolls on maybe you will understand it then. It did not bring one smidgen of any type benefit to clemson university other than we get to play ND every now and then. Whooppeeeeee!!!!! Never mind if we ever felt like bolting from the conference well that door has been shut forever. Buyout now at 50 mil...oh except for ND of course. Swofford laughs at FSU and Clemson as we speak.

Re: They are not gonna renegotiate the TV contract ?

Sep 12, 2012, 8:51 PM

Funny , the people in charge say they will, they also say that ND also has a $50 mil buyout.

Correct, and getting a game vs Notre Dame once every three

Sep 12, 2012, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Plenty ]

years is pretty good also. Also the probability that Notre Dame will join as a full member within the next five or six years.

Optentially 8 game instead of 9 game schedule***

Sep 12, 2012, 4:48 PM

9 game or 8 confrerence schedule....

Sep 12, 2012, 4:50 PM

I'd rather be playing conference games and ND than Wofford, Furman, Citadel....If 9 games that still gives us 2 again competent OOC opponents...

So explain how 8 is better?

Re:

Sep 12, 2012, 4:52 PM

with 8 we can schedule games like Auburn, Georgia, etc. We had to cancel games with Ok St and ole Miss because of the 9 game schedule. If it moves to 8, we can play games like that.

With 9 we still have two (2) open slots.....

Sep 12, 2012, 7:26 PM

Right?

You really think we would use those spots to schedule

Sep 12, 2012, 7:40 PM

top 25 teams instead of the ball states and furmans of the world? Completely delusional if you think that. No reason to. EVERYONE pays teams like that, and makes it easier to go undefeated

You like Ball St and Furman games?***

Sep 12, 2012, 7:44 PM

Don't think it's a matter of liking those games,

Sep 12, 2012, 7:54 PM

But all about money. We'll always have the small in state school to play against, for money. The other game is always a small school, because it allows us to have another home game for the year. Scheduling a big school typically requires a home and away, losing that home revenue for a year. Which is why it's surprising we kept the GA series, but don't think they'll make it a habit every year for a home and away.

I don't think it changes Facebook or any other Social Media***

Barker got a free trip to chapel hole and got to sit at the table in front w the big boys. he didnt say or do anything but hey he seemed happy enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 4:59 PM

Does everyone not enjoy whipping Irish butts? What's wrong with you guys? Learn to release that hatred on some Irish. Now breathe. Think pleasant thoughts.

Ah he!! - bring on the Irish. We want to kick some butts. :)

Sep 12, 2012, 8:05 PM

If we are talking athletics, and I believe that is what we talk about most of the time here, notre dame brings a fading history of football lore. If they are not joinng the conference as a football member, they are not bringing that. Hockey anyone?? Our conference is becoming as upside down as our country and the national debt. Absolute truths are no longer perceived as absolute. And maybe, probably is now perceived as absolute truths. Please try to remember what is, ---- actually is! And what is, is not open to perception. This should close the discussion, but I seem to sense that it will not close the discussion or even slow it down for that matter.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know swoffie isn't the smartest man in the room any time,

Sep 12, 2012, 7:51 PM

but i have to think that there is something the public is just not hearing. nd's contract with nbc is up soon, and the play-offs are coming. i just can't shake the feeling that nd wasn't going to get the same sweet deal that they got with the bcs system, and they will be "all in" with the acc as soon as those deadlines get here. i could be wrong, but that is the position i will dig in and hold on to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know swoffie isn't the smartest man in the room any time,

Sep 12, 2012, 8:26 PM

So I suppose we have come to this: "it depends on what the meaning of the word is...(let me zip my pants up)...is".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may be correct. And the fact that Notre Dame went

Sep 12, 2012, 8:49 PM [ in reply to i know swoffie isn't the smartest man in the room any time, ]

parrtial until that time comes was to make sure the ACC is stable and stays intact until then. If Notre Dame just waits to come full member in three to five years, the ACC could look very different by then.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic