Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

May 24, 2020, 8:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles"....

May 24, 2020, 9:26 AM

I agree with your assessment. I have not been extremely worried about the virus here in our neck of the country, but have been careful by distancing, closing our office, etc. I was excited by reopening of businesses and restaurants (going out to eat is what my wife and I love to do!).

But it seems like it is too much, too fast over the past three weeks. We went from opening boat landings, to all boating activities, to opening retail, to close contact businesses, to amusement parks in a very much accelerated pace. The rush to open almost everything by Memorial Day may backfire.

Before anyone says "wrong boared MORAN", one of my biggest concerns with the reopening(s) is football. I help to coach a middle school team, and I love high school, college, and pro ball. The back-to-normal movement is welcomed, but without folks still acting like this virus is a serious thing, there will be an upward trend through June/July which would cause the commissioners, high school league folks, and goodell to make some decisions which we may not like.

Being smart is paramount so that we have football Unfortunately in the news this AM, there were a couple of folks shot in Union County last night. There were 1000 people at a block party. Seems like being smart ain't alot of folks strong suit....

Yall have a good Sunday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2020, 9:43 AM

Agreed. Unfortunately the reopening of pretty much everything will single to many that everything is OK, when it’s not OK. Mix in the people that never cared or bothered to attempt social distancing, wearing masks and the other precautions and you have a whole lotta (Mike Williams reference) people potentially spreading Covid 19. End result, more people dying and another shutdown. See case in point:

https://www.wthr.com/article/hairstylists-potentially-expose-coronavirus-140-clients-missouri-great-clips?amp

On a personal note, someone that has been around my family tested positive for Covid 19 this past Thursday. Once you find out you’ve been around someone who is positive it will send a shockwave down your spine. Now we (family) are in a 14 day self quarantine. When you feel like you have been exposed you gain a whole new prospective. By the way, the person that tested positive has shown no symptoms, so this is a deadly sneaky virus.

Stay safe out there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were all 140 infected

May 24, 2020, 1:11 PM

or were zero infected. We will never know, all we will ever know is 140 could have been infected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hairdresser is an interesting case.

May 24, 2020, 1:28 PM

Supposedly, she was wearing a mask, as well as the customers and co-workers.
Let’s see if the masks protected them, or if they are worthless theater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We will never know

May 24, 2020, 2:24 PM

the health deparment might know but they won't share that information with the public

This is the graph in my county.

Started out uniform. 1 got sick in a retirement home, they tested everyone and 45 patients and 25 workers were positive. Have no clue if they were symptomatic or not. 6 of the 46 ended up dying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were all 140 infected

May 24, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Were all 140 infected ]

A surgical mask (or even worse, cloth) is not going to be adequate when you are in someone’s grill for an hour. That doesn’t mean it’s “worthless theater”. It can help reduce quantity and distance of viral projection.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were all 140 infected

May 24, 2020, 5:51 PM

So far only another worker tested positive. Maybe we will find out after all.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Second-hair-stylist-from-Springfield-Great-Clips-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-570724181.html

May 24, 2020, 9:40 AM

Remember how the news reported on Y2K and then the “gas crisis”??? Be careful out there but don’t let the fear mongers stress you out. Wash your hands and don’t let people breathe on you and you’ll be fine

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is just like Y2K.

May 24, 2020, 10:32 AM

same exact thing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is just like Y2K.

May 24, 2020, 5:39 PM

Yes. Except for the 100K deaths and counting, same exact thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were ALL gonna die from Y2K ... the world was coming to

May 24, 2020, 7:27 PM

... an end!

That’s exactly what we were told.

But it was wrong. So very, very wrong.

We can laugh now, but in 1999 it was no laughing matter.

Is ‘Y2K Compliance Consultant’ still a viable profession?

Those guys got rich off of our unfounded fears.

May 24, 2020, 10:13 AM

Watching the news last night, they were interviewing people who had come to Myrtle Beach. The hotels were filled at or near capacity. Then they interviewed visitors for Maryland and New York, who all said they came down here to get away from virus since it wasn't as bad here.

It makes you wonder is that is good for South Carolina? It is good for our economy, but does it bring more harm than good? Only time will answer that question. I hope not because I sure want football in the fall.

May 24, 2020, 10:23 AM

Where I live, people are not using PPE enough. Go by Wal-Mart or Piggly Wiggly and you will see. Opening things up will make it worse here I believe. But, we cannot hold back or penalize those who use common sense and practice social distancing and using PPE when needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously didn't see the report about....

May 24, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles".... ]

the Northeasterners that either drove down to SC or rented private planes to escape the epicenter and since the rentals were wide open, they could rent beach front property early spring cheap, escape the epidemic, and enjoy life. Supposedly over 10% of the vacationers brought CV with them which elevated our numbers since they felt like they were in free land and could go to stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc, etc since they had escaped the worst already. Only they were carelessly sharing it amongst the S Carolinians which elevated our infected rates by as much as 25% or more.

If i was governor, i would have shut down the borders like Florida and Alaska, but I honestly don't blame the New yorkers because I would have done the same. Not their fault, they were doing what's best for them but in return really increased our infected rates, but we had hospital capacity where they were peaking

Re: You obviously didn't see the report about....

May 24, 2020, 8:05 PM

No, I didn't see it, and that is very interesting when discussing impact.

It will be ok

May 24, 2020, 10:51 AM

Or it won’t and all those dumb teenagers will die

I’ve been wearing a face shield in retail stores, I travel a lot for work.

May 24, 2020, 10:59 AM

Do you suggest staying in our home and not reopening businesses

May 24, 2020, 4:10 PM

until a vaccine is discovered? You do realize there will be nothing left to go back to whether that's 6 months or 6 years, right?

May 24, 2020, 4:13 PM

Without a vaccine, when is that?***

May 24, 2020, 4:40 PM

The virus only has a 99% Recovery rate

May 24, 2020, 11:15 AM

B LOL

May 24, 2020, 11:21 AM

people are stupid. it’s amazing how dumb most behave. scientists warn and people ignore. we were warned and yet people continue to go without a mask? unreal. it’s not about choices or rights - it’s about doing the right thing until vaccine. it’s simple #### that people don’t do. the stupidity in this country is at an all time high. it takes maybe 2 seconds to put on a face covering and 20 seconds to wash hands. but, let’s ignore the docs and listen to politicians that don’t give a #### about us or the country.

until they get sick - then they cry for help. pathetic. wait until fall when this ramps it up again.

on the bright side, gov cooper reacted quickly from the get go. he tried to stay ahead of the curve. he’s done a stand up job in a challenging time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 24, 2020, 2:22 PM

Can we make assumptions about where most of the stupid people live based on where the highest numbers of deaths per 100,000 people are occurring?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If some places around here had the population density of NYC it would

May 24, 2020, 8:59 PM

be even uglier.

The all or nothing approach to the economy

May 24, 2020, 12:10 PM

depending on which party is calling the shots is dumb. Both ways carry heavy consequences. Both parties are a disgrace to the people they are supposed to serve. The media is disgusting. Facts get thrown out the window and narratives rule the day. A common sense approach based on data, which happens to fall somewhere in the center, is not even discussed by our media and politicians.

Re: The all or nothing approach to the economy

May 24, 2020, 12:23 PM

Well said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. The best Presidents are those that can get the

May 24, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to The all or nothing approach to the economy ]

Republicans and Democrats in both the House and Senate to compromise for the good of ALL Americans. Not guided by a brainless affinity for a political party, either Republican or Democrat.

What was Trumps comment three years ago? “I love stupid people”.

Re: I agree. The best Presidents are those that can get the

May 24, 2020, 3:07 PM

Compromise sounds like a rather genteel act of maturity. Unfortunately the positions the left have taken over the last 30 years or so cannot be met halfway as they destroy all semblance of freedom and personal responsibility. They continue to stake out positions further to the left every 5 years and if you compromise with their positions then in 30 years you end up farther left than they started out.

I had a history teacher in high school in 1976, and one day

May 26, 2020, 5:22 PM

he walked up to the chalk board and drew a line horizontally from one end of the board to the other. On the far left he wrote "revolutionaries", on the far right he wrote "reactionaries". His comment was that if a country is dominated by those two groups, the only path forward is civil war. The unwillingness to compromise will be that country's demise.

Our Country is at its best when there is a moderate republican or democrat as President. That is what we need to bring our country back as the leader of the free world. Right now we look to be far from the leader of the free world.

Dang right. If I could give 2 thumbs up, I would.***

May 25, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to The all or nothing approach to the economy ]

nc looks bad on the surface but then

May 24, 2020, 12:23 PM

when you dive you realize they had 20k tests dumped that is more than double anything they had done before..more tests = more cases..its not like a massive spike its more of the fact that people who are asymptomatic are getting tested now..before you had to show symptoms to get a test

May 24, 2020, 12:29 PM

Good gosh just shut up already. If you are that worried then go inside and lock your doors. Just quit telling everyone else what to do. I could give 2 craps about the Wuhan and if I catch it and die tomorrow, the world will go on. Bunch of freaking drama queens on here

exactly. the "invincibles" are no threat to those who choose

May 24, 2020, 4:30 PM

to stay inside and watch the world collapse while waiting on a vaccine.

May 24, 2020, 12:35 PM

Now Hear This! Now Hear This! All of you pin heads that want to hide in your closet for the rest of your life, please do so. We that want to resume our lives as we see fit won't have you in the way.

Some facts that you need reminding of.

1. The original lock down was based on fake models written by idiots
2. The lock down's purpose of flattening the "curve" was to not overwhelm the medical system
3. The lock down was not instituted to prevent the spread--See above.
4. As testing increases the number of cases will increase
5. The survival rate is between 98 and 99 percent
6. Most people have very mild symptoms or never knew they had it
7. It is serious for the very elderly with very serious health problems to begin with
8. Do every thing possible to protect the elderly
9. There may never be a viable vaccine

It is paramount that all restrictions on the economy and personal freedom be lifted at once. If you value the future of your children and grandchildren you will also advocate for this.

May 24, 2020, 12:43 PM

It is much simpler for most on here to just hibernate inside, have the government send them a check, and get on here and complain about how we arent doing enough.

God forbid if something major ever happens in this country, there wont be enough mattresses to go around for folks to hide under.

May 24, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles".... ]

Which of you freedoms is being raped by the government?

The hilarious irony of the situation is all the folks stomping about, yelling “but muh rights!”, claiming to be tough red blooded Americans fit for the direst of circumstances, didn’t last 2 months in the global epidemic before losing their cool.

The fact is that this epidemic is deadly, it’s killed more
Americans than a 10 year war in an Asian jungle in the matter of months. And those that have taken care of their houses, minded their business and kept good books are cake walking through this quarantine because they’ve been practicing self sacrifice and discipline their whole life to get where they are. Everyone yelling and shouting about the economy and their rights are dummies and losers with a credit line that has them up against the wall and they wouldnt know the word discipline if they stepped on it.

If you didn’t learn it when you were a kid, by God, you are learning it now. Be an ant, not a grasshopper. Ants are built for the long haul, grasshoppers never make it through winter.

So stay inside and watch businesses and people lose

May 24, 2020, 4:37 PM

everything until a vaccine is found?

Re: So stay inside and watch businesses and people lose

May 24, 2020, 5:04 PM

You forgot one--"keep a good book".

I guess so when the economic burndown is done, you'll still have some more free entertainment available.

Dude wants to make some noise in his Tigernet rookie season.

May 24, 2020, 7:13 PM

I’ve got a sinking feeling you don’t know what bookkeeping means.

I don’t remember Gary Cooper whining like this. What happened to the Republican Party?

May 25, 2020, 12:19 AM

Pardon my immaturity, but I'm rolling my eyes at your condescension. You take yourself too seriously, rookie.

What are you doing on Tigernet if you think this community is so stupid?

May 24, 2020, 7:11 PM [ in reply to So stay inside and watch businesses and people lose ]

If you have the wherewithal, it’s the best course of action.

May 24, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles".... ]

You are a freaking A hole!!!

May 24, 2020, 8:49 PM

You are advocating the endangerment of tens of thousands of lives for the sake of consumerism and I am advocating for personal responsibility. Check your priorities.

Exactly. And that, folks, is that.***

May 24, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles".... ]

This is the best list I’ve seen on tigernet in years

May 25, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Dire prediction- the pandemic and the "invincibles".... ]

Well done

Deputy Marion check it out ??

Francis Marion®

May 24, 2020, 12:49 PM

I’m not aware of government officials recommending that Americans go out in public and gather with strangers inside 6ft. I’m not aware of recommendations that Americans go inside public buildings without wearing a mask. You can’t fix lazy, stupid, or if I’m being generous uninformed. Fortunately, this virus is fatal to a very small segment of our population and they should know who they are and they can take measures to protect themselves from the irresponsible. It’s a fact that Americans will continue to contract this virus, and vast majority will recover. The lockdown must be relaxed and the economy re-opened. Not doing that is a clear and present danger for those that must work to support their families and their employees. If not literally tens of millions of Americans will suffer all sorts of difficulties and harm far beyond what this terrible virus has done. That’s my understanding of where are now. I go out and respect others by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask inside places like Walmart.

May 24, 2020, 1:51 PM

Sounds like u r not aware of a lot of things. Good luck.

May 24, 2020, 2:53 PM

BIG HOUSE said:

Sounds like u r not aware of a lot of things. Good luck.

Please enlighten all with examples of US and State government authorities declaring the current CDC guidelines for social distancing and use of masks as unnecessary.

“There’s no dumb-ass vaccine” _ Jimmy Buffett***

May 24, 2020, 1:07 PM

6 deaths in NC yesterday 3 the day before

May 24, 2020, 1:16 PM

that number will probably rise a couple. Only 497 cases yesterday, so the average of the two days is about the same as the last week or so. Hospitalizations have been trending up slightly after trending down slightly. 26,400 tests yesterday which is more than double any other day.

You should stay home and shelter in place.

Re: 6 deaths in NC yesterday 3 the day before

May 24, 2020, 1:51 PM

If people are obviously sick, they SHOULD stay at home and shelter in place. Working at a hair salon and exposing others due to either stupidity or greed is criminal. People catch this virus pretty easily. I see it happen daily. The vast majority survive. Some don't.

she was wearing a mask and her clients were wearing a

May 24, 2020, 4:37 PM

mask and apparently her R0 could be 91, like a super duper spreader even with talking precautions. I guess this is proof positive that there is no need to take any precautions since they don't work. Either that or we were not given the facts and it's just hype.

Re: she was wearing a mask and her clients were wearing a

May 24, 2020, 5:44 PM

Wearing a mask if you are sick and in someone’s face for 30 mins is inadequate and reckless.

Re: 6 deaths in NC yesterday 3 the day before??? Very low

May 24, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to 6 deaths in NC yesterday 3 the day before ]

Those numbers are VERY low.

3? 6?
Let me know when you are seeing double digits. You should cite a multiple week trend I think you will see that those are low numbers compared to last week and the week before.

It is all about trends - not raw numbers

7 day average death rate has been trending down

May 25, 2020, 5:21 AM

for a month or so, but hospitalizations have been trending up for the last week or so after trending down

May 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

Good news....of those who get it, over 99% will get well. Probably much higher if all were under 70

May 24, 2020, 2:28 PM

Since we should all have the freedom to not wear masks and not worry about social distancing, shouldn’t someone who has Covid be allowed to live their life as they choose? Including choosing to not wear a mask and visit you at your house?

Or what about someone who was exposed to it but they don’t know if they have it - why do they need to self quarantine? Or wear mask? Isn’t that infringing on their right to choose how they want to live their life?

So I’m exposed - I just choose not to have the test because it does not feel good - shouldn’t I be allowed to go where I want, do what I want, be near who I want? I don’t have it (as far as I know!)

Do we “force” someone to get the test? Do we force them to isolate? Or do we just hope they do the right thing and get tested and isolate?

Seems like getting the test and/or self isolating is much more uncomfortable then taking the time to put on a mask or just back away from someone -and I think most would agree that those in an “uncertain” state should isolate... who cares about their rights.

Ultimately it seems that you have to hope people are considerate enough to help out their fellow man (woman) and they don’t say ”to he** with the rest of the world- I want to do what I want to do.”

When does your right to live your life as you choose infringe upon my right to just live? If Covid was twice as deadly, would that be enough to wear a mask? If it was 4 times as deadly? Just wondering what the magic number is.

Just a few questions/thoughts... personally I’m wearing a mask because I try to be considerate of others. Maybe it will help me, maybe not.

Granted you could use this same reasoning to say we should all be wearing a mask all the time — i.e. Flu, common cold, etc. so definitely understand everyone needs to make own choice - just seems there is a little circular logic in some arguments.

May 24, 2020, 2:47 PM

Every 13 days 100,000 people die. For decades. Coronavirus has been, and will be, a small percentage of people who die this year.... I wouldn't let this thing bother you so much, you are letting the media tell you how to feel. Trust the data, and focus on the percent of positives....new cases are on the rise b/c there is so many more tests out there now, but the rate of positives is dropping rapidly, I would get over it all and live your life. I do not wear a mask, my wife doesn't, my 4 kids don't and do not even get me started on how dumb gloves are...Remember when everyone in Georgia was going to die, according to the media? The state has now been open for a month and deaths have plummeted. Most in the media are ignoring the data from Georgia because they wrote articles like "Georgia's Experiment in Human Sacrifice" when Georgia opened. If the death rate had spiked it would lead the news every day. But since deaths have continued to decline for a month — crickets... You will see the same here in SC, my family and I have been eating at restaurants the last two weeks (since they re-opened indoor eating) and it has been fantastic, gone to the beach multiple times--we are still alive and very healthy. If you are in the category of being in danger if you catch it, by all means protect yourselves--but the majority of America will be fine and healthy, and there will 100% be football, on time, with fans in the stands (in some capacity) in the fall... Happy Sunday and Memorial Day all! Go out to eat, drink, the beach, boat (or whatever you want to do for fun) and enjoy this wonderful country! (Unless you live in Michigan, and I am sorry)

What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have

May 24, 2020, 3:28 PM

taken for COVID-19 are no different than what we've done in the past. So it's not some sinister new plot to take away your freedoms or Constitutional rights. Just google "1918 Spanish Flu". Over 100 years ago we did the exact same things... schools and churches closed, no gathering in groups, wear masks, etc. We had almost no understanding of infectious diseases back then, but just good old common sense about how to slow down the spread.

Probably the only difference is - I bet most folks back then were willing to comply, because people weren't obsessed with conspiracy theories like they are today. LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have

May 24, 2020, 3:56 PM

ClemsonTigers44, u r wrong on GA, the media isn’t trying to trick anyone, the reality is that since the state “re-opened” most people have been smart enough to refrain from going to restaraunts, churches, parties, planes,etc. As of Friday restaraunts were operating at 17% of normal capacity. So while the state is “open” folks r exercising their rights to eat out or stay home. The govt is letting people make their own decisions and allowing natural selection to play out. Large majority choosing not to dine with you. Lots of new business models popping up. Smart folks adapt and live their lives. Dumbs one keep dong what they did pre virus. Moving average for new cases and moving average for deaths have both remained steady since early April. Media not trying to fool you. No deep state here. Survival of the smartest. Good luck.

May 24, 2020, 4:09 PM

BIG HOUSE, steady? Deaths are at an all time low (since March 9th)... Nice try though, maybe take a look at the numbers instead of reading fear ####: http://prntscr.com/smzmgl

May 24, 2020, 4:11 PM

You should also probably try to read better, I never said the media is trying to fool anyone about Georgia, I said they are not covering it's successful re-open and drop in infections and death, like they would be covering it if the opposite had happened... No worries though, enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and go out and about, or don't and stay locked in your home--either way the world will be fine and COVID 19 will not end it :)

May 24, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have ]

Nice try, moving average steady and firm. I wish it was going down. Just the facts.

May 24, 2020, 4:14 PM

BIG HOUSE, do you not understand data and numbers? I know numbers are hard, I literally posted the numbers for you to see for yourself in a screen shot, can't make it any easier for you.

May 24, 2020, 4:24 PM

BIG HOUSE, does that make it easier for you to see/read/understand?

May 24, 2020, 4:29 PM

Georgia stats .....

May 24, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have ]

clearly trending down even after opening up

May 24, 2020, 4:51 PM

unless you can't read your own graph...

the purpose of closing up our economy was to flatten the curve and to keep the rates from going exponential. There is no exponential growth in Georgia.

May 24, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have ]

Big house, deaths in the medical community are not reported in real time, so the official graphs show significant fluctuations based on the day of the week.

Look closely and you'll see an aberrant low roughly every 7 days, followed by an aberrant high. For real time results, you'd be better off splitting the combined totals of those two days every cycle. Even though the result would clearly be an estimate, it would be closer to the true number than the delayed-reporting numbers.

Also, the single nursing home in Hancock County is responsible for most of the most recent spike upwards. It creates what is commonly called an outlier, an aberration that is outside of the statistical trend. Unless we continue infecting rural nursing homes in GA, the Hancock Co home should be considered as a single infectious event, not a trend. The rest of Hancock was relatively unaffected.

here is a link for you

May 24, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have ]

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Or maybe their healthcare was garbage

May 26, 2020, 7:39 AM [ in reply to What a lot of people don't realize is the actions we have ]

And they had no chance of survival?

Yeah Johnny, just run down to the Barber shop and let them bleed the sickness out of you

Yeah, but what about 'science?'

May 24, 2020, 4:10 PM

Cruse over to the P&R and take a look at the science for yourself.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Someone-fact-check-this-for-me-with-NYT-or-Wapo-1994931?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but what about 'science?'

May 24, 2020, 4:23 PM

This is great news. Natural selection at work.

May 24, 2020, 4:25 PM

Says the person who doesn't know how numbers work LOL

May 24, 2020, 4:58 PM

Bottom line is GA guvnah done good job letting folks make their own decisions, I believe in eat what u kill, go get your stats from the source u r comfy with and make ur own decisions. Don’t cook up this BS about the media not reporting something. R u so weak that the media is gonna mislead you? The media reported that the guvnah reported that restraraunts are at 17% capacity. That’s right, his office released the stats and media reported it. So the guvnah and the media both reported that while the state has formally reopened, most folks have independently made decisions to not go back to full normal. It seems to me that given the current presence of cases and deaths (your stats or mine) the citizens of GA, the media and the guvnah have done nice job of managing and letting folks make decisions. In GA and SC you r free to go out n eat. Go for it. Just quit whining bout the media. I’m a fierce survivalist. Extremely independent. Not depending on the media to make my decisions. I’m not gonna spend any time worrying about people infringing on my rights or misleading me. I can handle myself. Instead i spend most of my life helping others, folks that don’t have the balls brains and resources that I do. When are folks gonna have the balls to admit that the media has BS’d citizens since the invention of the courier pigeon. Are people smart enough to select solid sources of information and make good decisions? Some yes, some no. I wish u and your family the best. I’m going to fix another bourbon, then a fourth right after that.

May 24, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, but what about 'science?' ]

Dark side of the moo speaks the truth with the most intelligent post in this entire thread.

May 24, 2020, 5:18 PM

You literally just proved my point and reiterated my point about everything. Enjoy your bourbon.

May 24, 2020, 9:41 PM

Ah, thank you for your kind words, please do let me know if u require any further clarifications, but be quick, I’m starting bottle # two.

May 24, 2020, 5:58 PM

PEACE..BE STILL

Follow deaths not infections.

May 24, 2020, 9:11 PM

In the US we are testing significantly more people every day/week. Ya think that might cause the number of infections to rise? DUH?!?!?!?

Re: Follow deaths not infections.

May 24, 2020, 9:38 PM

That’s pretty pathetic logic. We all know that more tests will increase the number of known cases. I think what you were trying to say is “actual cases” is a more valuable statistic than “known cases”; and the more testing and the more cases we identify the better ability we have to move away from the statistic of known cases and get closer to the statistic of actual cases. It is seriously faulty logic to say that since testing increases known cases we should devalue a figure for known cases OR actual cases. If you’re having trouble distinguishing between known cases and actual cases stick to debating the finer points of a 34 defense versus a 43 defense.

Well just stay at home with your husband***

May 24, 2020, 9:39 PM

Re: Well just stay at home with your husband***

May 24, 2020, 11:15 PM

No can do, but I can and do stay home with my hot wife. I’ll refrain from infantile comments towards you that would only embarrass me.

A recurrent theme that I keep seeing in terms of cases and

May 25, 2020, 3:37 PM

spread centers around longer term exposure in tight spaces. Nursing homes and cruise ships. Close work environments like assembly lines or meat factories. Public transport for extended periods.

Unfortunately, crowds for hours at a time together seem to be incubating zones. How many church services or religious gatherings have led to outbreaks? Mardi Gras? Airport terminals early on? To me these outbreak environments, and the length of exposures for all, are a telling sign.

Since it's pretty much up to each and every one of us individually to respond, prepare, and forge forward, the more we share about how we prepare and operate in this environment helps. Personally, I avoid mass people areas like Wal Marts and Lowes of the world. Mask and gloves inside any other retail establishment with little loitering. Most retail workers I come across are wearing masks so the very least I can do is return the favor. Baseball batting gloves have been great - keep them under the windshield and spray periodically to disinfect. Great for ATMs and other push button pads, and easy on/off by natural design.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we please get logical about this?

May 25, 2020, 3:44 PM

Without a vaccine we either shutter ourselves (all of us) while we wait for a vaccine or get herd immunity. I vote for herd immunity and as long as the hospitals are not overwhelmed the sooner the better - and less people will die in the long run. So personally I am not at all alarmed by increasing cases.

this same exact post could've been posted

May 25, 2020, 4:51 PM

regarding the regular flu. Disease happens, immunity happens even greater. It's life, and it must go on. The assumption is most if not all of the people mentioned in your post just got "sick", as with the common cold, or flu, and recovered.

May 25, 2020, 5:19 PM

Coronavirus is not the end of the world, nor is it the zombie apocalypse. This is a real virus. My gut, as well as the statistics, tell me that the response to this virus is about 50% virus and about 50% political.
If the Democrats win the Presidency in November, the response will continue to keep people out of jobs and the economy will crash. It will take a decade for the economy to recover. The deaths will continue and people will eventually be taking a vaccine to limit the deaths greatly.
If the Republicans win the Presidency in November, the response will put people back to work and the economy will slowly come back over the next couple of years. The deaths will continue and people will eventually be taking a vaccine to limit the deaths greatly.
The only difference will be the length of time for the country's economy to recover.
Face it... We have another "Flu" that will be here forever. We are just going to have to deal with it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Things are definitely off. Strange times we are living in

May 25, 2020, 5:26 PM

The government is giving money away like its Halloween candy. Nothing has been said about China and their supposed part in this. Times are a changing. Not sure what to expect next. The fear mingling is at an all time high

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic