Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Gov McMaster should do...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,313

What Gov McMaster should do...

Aug 28, 2020, 4:58 PM

Make a public denouncement that football, fall sports championships and all S.C. collegiate/ high school sports will resume as normal. Mask, distancing and all this other crap has had no effect on the reduction of cases. ABSOLUTE 0 impact. Good luck getting re elected Gov MC!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Gov McMaster should do...

Aug 28, 2020, 5:56 PM

Dude that's nonsense. Distancing and masks have an INDISPUTABLE role in reducing cases. It's not rocket science and to deny it is moronic. There simply is no debate to be had. Continuing to deny this only perpetuates the issues we'll have stopping this. I'm one who believes in letting life go on as normal and accepting the rise in cases, but that's only tenable with these measures in place. Even as a physician I don't believe in cowering in a corner, shutting everything down etc, but masks and distancing absolutely do help and absolutely are necessary and all the epidemiology of this virus makes that IRREFUTABLY clear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Aug 28, 2020, 5:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 28, 2020, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: What Gov McMaster should do... ]

Tigerpathmd,
Thanks for trying. I wish your appropriate response would make a difference. Sadly, some people just refuse to get it. At least until they actually get the virus or lose a loved one. I’ve taken care of too many people who knew what they were doing was unhealthy but they did it anyway. Diabetics, smokers to name a few.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 7:36 PM

Try to figure out why SC with 5 million people has approx the same number of deaths as NC with 10 million people.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 8:48 PM

more at risk people? different reporting?

CDC numbers comparing COVID related deaths vs historical data, good way to see what the actual impact is. the expected deaths from all causes vs COVID deaths and where the state is vs where they are historically expected to be.

numbers as of Aug 28, 2020 Statewide

State / COVID Deaths / expected deaths total / percent of expected total / Total Population 2020. / deaths per 100,000
North Carolina / 1,849 / 46,847 / 86% / 10,611,900 / 17
South Carolina / 2,160 / 31,313 / 112% / 5,210,100 / 41

Clemson straddles Oconee and Pickens counties...

Oconee has had 999 Confirmed Cases and 18 deaths, population 1.2 million
Pickens has had 2,118 Confirmed cases and 33 deaths, population 1.6 million

The question is why has NC decided to not allow fans at all when there numbers are as low as they are.

These numbers reflect all COVID related as defined by the CDC (U7.1) which includes people run over by truck with COVID are reported in the COVID category.

Message was edited by: JPF16® formatting went away

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,313
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic