Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Peppicelli Is From
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,436

Dan Peppicelli Is From

Jun 9, 2012, 11:24 PM

Saint John Fisher College.. Division III school in Rochester New York. Where Does He Find These Guys?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Peppicelli Is From

Jun 9, 2012, 11:37 PM

I'd say St. John Fisher College.

We're pouring money into facilities and FB right now bc...

Jun 9, 2012, 11:40 PM

thats our #1 priority, which it should be. But paying our FB staff as much as we do has its sacrifices. Baseball doesnt have the budget to go out and hire an asst from a big school. Besides, Id look at the hitting coach instead of Pep. Wasnt Shaffer the only guy to finish over .300 for the season? Wilkerson and Brittle were flirting with it the last game but I dont know where they finished. I think we had 4 starters hit less than .250. The offense was terrible.

Re: We're pouring money into facilities and FB right now bc...

Jun 9, 2012, 11:44 PM

Your definitely right about that. Most of our guys were in the low to mid .200
's batting avg wise. Either way, i would think we could hire someone a little higher up than a division 3 guy with a so-so resume.

hire a hitting coach that can teach a couple of these guys

Jun 9, 2012, 11:49 PM

to bunt.

if we get runners over in game 1 vs coots we win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That game was poor fundamentals. We had the baserunning

Jun 9, 2012, 11:51 PM

blunder by Kieboom, and a bad bunt where a lead runner got thrown out at 3rd. Both plays cost us dearly.

I dont think Pep has done a bad job though. Our weekend

Jun 9, 2012, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: We're pouring money into facilities and FB right now bc... ]

rotation was pretty good this year. I said on here before the regional that I thought we had a chance bc we had the ability to pitch well. We gave up 3, 5 (12inn), 3, and 4 runs in 4 games. Had we been able to hit at all this year, we could be playing OU right now.

Re: I dont think Pep has done a bad job though. Our weekend

Jun 9, 2012, 11:56 PM

Agree with that, we couldn't bunt a runner over to save our lives, execution on the offensive side is what really killed us, we need some clemson hitters from a few years back, Michael Johnson, Andy D' Alessio, Tyler Colvin, Kyle Parker, Jeff Baker, Khalil Greene, Etc.. I know I'm leaving out more than a few. Bottom Line we had some really good hitters back then, and for some reason i feel like we could have better pitching, but we have also lost out on many top prospects to Mlb draft like Younginer and just recently Lucas Sims. Hope our Baseball program can get back to winning supers and getting to Omaha.

I know what you mean about our pitching staff...

Jun 10, 2012, 12:04 AM

Problems:

-I would bet that opponent's 9 hole hitters have and OBP around .400 against us. It seems like we either walk or hit these guys everytime they come up.

-We fall behind more hitters than we get ahead of.

-We walk way too many guys period. How many times have we seen a 4 pitch walk with bases empty, 2 outs?

-We give up too many hits on 1-2, and even give up hits on 0-2 (which should NEVER happen... NEVER).

These are little things that make a world of difference. People dont realize how much potential we lose in these little details. However, watching the regionals and super regionals, I see all of these teams having the same woes we have with these particular scenarios. Unfortunately, USuC doesnt though and thats why theyve won 2 CWSs. Even UNC and UVA got lit up this post season, and their recent success has been built on pitching. I just dont know that there are many pitching coaches that could fix these particular problems. And if there are, I doubt we can afford them. Its very rare to see a college team that doesnt struggle with this stuff. Are there things we could fix, absolutely. But in comparison to everything I see from other teams, we're doing very well.

Gotta start somewhere. He is a good pitching coach.

Jun 9, 2012, 11:44 PM

I haven't decided if he's good enough to be our pc but hIsis at least a good pc.

Re: Gotta start somewhere. He is a good pitching coach.

Jun 10, 2012, 10:42 AM

You are insane if you think he's a good pitching coach. How many times this year did our starting pitching not get past the 5th inning? Which pitcher did you feel confident in coming out of the bullpen? Which pitcher improved from the beginning to the end if the year? Gossett, a freshman who hasn't been made mediocre yet by Pep; maybe Campbell pre-injury. Who really developed an out pitch that they didn't have before they got here? Brady still only has 2 pitches, a changeup or slider would have been dominant for him. If Leone would have had a pitching coach teach him better control how much better would he have been?

Pepicilli has to go, if we are serious about baseball then changes must be made. Get a real pitching coach with experience as a pitching coach before and at least high level playing experience as a pitcher or catcher.

Also Michael Johnson has been a major disappointment to me, our hitting is so inconsistent. Our inability to get a bunt down in the right spot or down at all is pathetic. We don't hit sacrifice fly's or hit behind runners with any consistency. We don't hit and run because we don't have the confidence in batters making contact. Not to mention his horrible work as a base coach. How many runners did he get picked off? How many times did we tag up from first on a fly ball? ZERO, with our speed that's inexcusable

Michael Johnson is not the hitting coach.

Jun 10, 2012, 11:32 AM

Bradley Lecroy is the hitting coach. He hit .266 for his career at Clemson. We are an all or nothing team. We swing for the fence every time with guys who are 5 feet 9 , 170 pounds and that produces a lot fly balls, pop-ups, and strike outs. You are correct when you say we cannot bunt. And when we do get one down, it seems we bunt to the wrong place and still don't get the runner over. Our fundamentals are terrible!

Pohle and Gossett were good, Andrews, Kent, and Firth

Jun 10, 2012, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Gotta start somewhere. He is a good pitching coach. ]

were solid. I'm fine with Pep getting another year to see how he works out since JL isn't going anywhere. I'm more concerned with our approach to the little things like bunting, baser unending, hitting behind runners, getting a sac fly.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,436
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic