Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Were people on here legitimately pulling for Duke today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Were people on here legitimately pulling for Duke today?

Mar 25, 2018, 10:40 PM

Just because the Kansas coach acted mildly arrogant after the win? Really? Have you forgotten the decades or Duke arrogance that has ruled over the ACC? The way Coach K chides and works the refs at every opportunity? The way they preach the "brotherhood" to recruits while moving strictly to one and done? What about the infamous clock operator fiasco in Cameron?

Duke basketball has aggrieved Clemson more than Kansas or Bill Self ever could. Nobody should have been upset to see Duke lose today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were people on here legitimately pulling for Duke today?

Mar 25, 2018, 10:43 PM

Not I .

Though I do enjoy watching them lose in a championship final.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Not I. I hate duke. I Did undergrad at UNC.

Mar 25, 2018, 10:46 PM

If Duke and USuCk played I would be routing for the meteor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not I. I hate duke. I Did undergrad at UNC.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:59 PM

I was pulling for Kansas. If we're gonna get beat, I'd prefer it be by the champs.

As for Duke, I pull for the Chinese if they play Duke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2018, 10:55 PM

Not to mention the way that Ratface curses the officials and his players, all game. (He intimidates the ACC officials to make sure he gets the calls that break their games open for the Puke wins. Ratface is almost as bad as the UNCheats; of course, as far as we know, he hasn't lied (yet) about not knowing that his players have no classes. So, maybe Ratface is better than Ole Roy?)

I was. I typically cheer for the ACC, except for UNC.

Mar 25, 2018, 10:58 PM

I respect Duke and Coach K. He has built a heck of a program, his players play hard, and he is always classy in victory and defeat. He goes out of his way to be complimentary of our coach and our team, and I appreciate that. Contrast that with ###### bags like Bill Self, who didn't say anything nice about us after the game but instead blamed his own team. Classy, Bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I respect Coach K. Duke plays great basketball.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:51 PM

I used to kind of pull for them after Clemson when they were going to the Final Four as constant underdogs around 1989 before their first pair of championships. Especially during the 4 year era, before the 1 and done trend. Unfortunately, that is just the way things are now. Sure, I didn't like the extra clock time, ref fiasco at Cameron, or the media "love ins" during the early 2000's. But Coach K and his assistants coach good basketball, and they recruit good and hardworking kids for the most part. Watching them play motion offense and half court during that era was a thing of beauty.

Mar 25, 2018, 11:03 PM

Just wondering. Are we supposed to think that any of the-one-and-done kids go to class in the second semester?
It sure would be an advantage: more time to rest; no reason to read; no papers to turn-in; no tests to prepare for; more shoot-around time; etc.
Seems like a huge (unfair) advantage over teams with juniors and seniors!

Mar 25, 2018, 11:04 PM

Just wondering. Are we supposed to think that any of the-one-and-done kids go to class in the second semester?
It sure would be an advantage: more time to rest; no reason to read; no papers to turn-in; no tests to prepare for; more shoot-around time; etc.
Seems like a huge (unfair)advantage over teams with juniors and seniors!

I would prefer Duke to have won.

Mar 25, 2018, 11:04 PM

I prefer the cash for Clemson.

We're fine. We have big money alumni IPTAY donors.

Mar 25, 2018, 11:13 PM

Screw the ACC. Duke can just DIAF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't like Duke or Kansas.

Mar 26, 2018, 5:47 AM

I will take the cash always and what is best for Clemson.

I pulled for Kansas but I respect Coach K. I love watching

Mar 25, 2018, 11:07 PM

Duke beat UNC. The whole Duke UNC thing gets old though kind of like Yankees Red Sox.

The hate for Coach K by our fans reminds me of Coots being envious of Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I pulled for Kansas but I respect Coach K. I love watching

Mar 26, 2018, 2:11 AM

I fully agree. If coach K were our coach, he would be beloved.

No. Not me.***

Mar 25, 2018, 11:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:14 AM

Whatever BS had to say (or didn’t here) should have no bearing on who to pull for. Decades of ref intimidation, phantom fouls and blatant protection of the ACC brand at our expense should be enough to not pull for those entitled elitist. God bless you if you did though.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:56 AM

Yes I surely was. Because of Duke's studies on a new treatment for the Hep C virus, I'm alive and have been completely cured of the Hep C virus. Pulling for them to win a Basketball game if it's not against us is the least I can do. Gooo Duke!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was.***

Mar 26, 2018, 4:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 5:58 AM

I did but only because I had them winning the NC in my work pool. They choked down the stretch and now I’m out so back to wishing they lose every game next year.

No, I was pulling for Duke because I had a growler on the line

Mar 26, 2018, 6:40 AM

in a tournament pool with some friends.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:02 AM

And I wish Brad would work the refs more .
I don’t like Duke BBall one bit but coach K is a good Coach and a class act.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:05 AM

Not me! If Duke was playing the devil, I'd be pulling for old Lucifer. I'll never pull for Duke, North Carolina or South Carolina in any sport. I'd like to see all three lose or tie every game they play. But then, that's just me. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was hoping both would lose.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:2 Were people on here legitimately pulling for Duke today?

Mar 27, 2018, 11:48 AM

Once, again, it would have been wonderful if BSelf could have lost to our Tigers on a last second shot and if old Ratface had been thrown out of the Syracuse for abusing the officials (while the Orange won by 30).
Life is good in my alternative universe.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic