Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're in for an all time game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

We're in for an all time game

Dec 14, 2019, 4:46 PM

I know the majority of fans on Ohio State's website, and here on Tigernet are predicting a double digit beat down this next game. However, I expect possibly the best game we've seen in this short playoff era. I think this could be the "National Championship", these are the two most complete teams in college football. While Clemson may not have had the competition like Ohio State, none of the team's Ohio State have played compare to Clemson. I think there are some weaknesses on both sides, and whoever can cover those up the best will win. My main point in this article is that to expect an absolute awesome game, this Ohio State team is nothing like the team we beat 31-0. They have the top d lineman and cornerback in the nation, and Fields is two times the quarterback Barrett was. This game is gonna be awesome. Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Totally agree..

Dec 14, 2019, 4:54 PM

gonna be a barn-burner til the embers die out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're in for an all time game

Dec 14, 2019, 4:56 PM

Nope . Clemson is better and more experienced and we have fresher legs and overall more depth on both sides of the ball .
Our guys by 13-17 pts .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 14, 2019, 5:11 PM

Respect what you are saying but I see no way that Ohio State's Offense will out do Brent Venables Defense with time he will have to prepare for the game and the Tiger Offense I feel will out do any offense that the Buckeyes have played all year long.

Dec 14, 2019, 5:17 PM

I think it will all come down to Fields. How he handles the pressure of the moment, if he makes mistakes, and how the defense keeps him bottled up when the RPO becomes a run, or he has no open receivers and has to scramble. If we can contain him, I think it could be similar to Texas A&M, or perhaps UVA. I don't think their defense has played anyone with the speed on the outside they will see with our guys and I know the Big 10 is renowned for the lack of speed throughout the league. If could be interesting or it could be a cake walk....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 5:24 PM

It could be interesting or it could be a cake walk. Really going out on the limb there.

Dec 14, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: We're in for an all time game ]

I understand you're point in saying this. I, however, am a little worried about our defense due to our lack of natural pressure without the blitz. That I think is the key to the game, bein able to shut down dobbins and pressure Fields without the blitz. If our front 4-5 guys can't stop Dobbins on their own and we have to bring pressure, then I believe Fields will shred us.

Dec 14, 2019, 5:30 PM

I also think it comes down to Fields. He's thrown for 40 TDs with just 1 INT.

If Fields takes care of the ball (including not fumbling), this will be our toughest game since DW4 to Renfro 3 years ago.

Don't drink the Kool Aid of what happened last year.

Ohio St has the capability to keep it within 2 scores

Dec 14, 2019, 5:48 PM

but will they?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic