Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went to the cockroach for the state championship game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,946

Went to the cockroach for the state championship game...

Dec 1, 2012, 7:53 PM

today. The cockroach aka Williams Brice stadium, for anybody who doesn't get the reference (coot fans mostly). Hadn't been there since 1995, when we beat them on our way to an 8-4 season in Tommy West's 2nd season. That place is a dump. Their lower deck seats are metal topped with concrete. Walking in under the stands, you could see the metal bending from fans walking above in the stands. The restrooms at the cockroach, aren't even enclosed. There is just a seven foot wall, leaving the restrooms open air. I guess that explains the actions of PA Mangus. White trash coots are just used to open air restrooms. Maybe, thats a factor for their doo doo ice. Also there is only about 15 feet of room between the restrooms and their concession stands. Now they do have a nice video screen, but their sound system is terrible.

I mention this, only because so many posters on here talk about how SEC money helps SCU so much. How so when they have stadium built that cheaply? Even before the west end zone and other renovation projects at Death Valley, Memorial Stadium ten years ago was light years ahead of what the coots have with the #### roach right now. Our facilities are so much better than theirs, their facilities aren't even in the same universe as ours.

So please drop this non sense about SEC money getting them better facilities. I've seen both Clemson and SCU's, and SCU is nowhere close to being as good as Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went to the cockroach for the state championship game...

Dec 1, 2012, 8:03 PM

That's why I can't understand how they can get kids to come to that school especially if they visit that rat hole.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The HS champ games are a big reason. To a lot of SC kids,

Dec 1, 2012, 8:33 PM

Columbia is big time, the 'Roach is a football palace, etc. because they don't know any better. They've never been to a real big city or a real college campus or stadium. There were a lot of kids that I grew up with in Rock Hill that seemed to come from this perspective, esp. those who had no connection to Clemson, or even SCAR for that matter. Playing the state title games at Billy Brice helps the coots in recruiting without a doubt. It's like Dabo (I think) said - "if we can get them to Clemson we've got a chance".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

I don't think Scar or Clemson should host these

Dec 1, 2012, 10:45 PM

championships. I think it is a recruiting advantage. There are several small college sites in this State that could host these games

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most tnet posts are the same. does it get old?

Dec 1, 2012, 8:18 PM

The majority of the posts appear to be the same. How many threads do we need to say same things? The university sucks, the city and stadium are dumps, the players are thugs, the fans are white trash, the sec is overrated, the cheerleaders are fat, the students are dumb, the coaches are ######, etc.

Let's talk about Clemson football, not the school in Columbia. Are these repetitive posts from Tiger fans or from coots trying to make us look like idiots?

Go Tigers!

Re: most tnet posts are the same. does it get old?

Dec 1, 2012, 9:48 PM

Then why answer in a thread that you are tired of? Do you know how to start a new post?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went to the cockroach for the state championship game...***

Dec 1, 2012, 8:44 PM

Yes, last time I was there I was really stunned at how run

Dec 1, 2012, 8:46 PM

down it looked.

Dec 1, 2012, 8:46 PM

Yeah that extra 25 million that the coots get and CU doesn't wont make a difference

your daughter is what???***

Dec 1, 2012, 9:09 PM

Our bathrooms aren't up to Memorial Stadium par?!?!?!

Dec 1, 2012, 8:54 PM

Not our bathrooms! What the heck are we spending our money on then? FYI, the concessions in the upper deck of Memorial Stadium are surrounded by bathrooms.

Also, I was in the upper deck of Memorial Stadium last week, metal bleachers on concrete. I think that's pretty much the norm, although I have to admit I haven't been to too many away games other than bowl games, which are usually in NFL stadiums.

SEC money

Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 PM

I think their SEC money went into that baseball stadium. You can argue the SEC money doesn't make a difference but they will point to 2 National Championship trophies.

When they do get around to spending money on the stadium, and they will have the money, it could get really bad around here unless the ACC can start keeping up with the Joneses.

Dec 1, 2012, 9:37 PM

The last time I was there was in 94. Kind of dumpy then as well.

Dec 1, 2012, 9:40 PM

Sad

Look at this if you think their money isnt being spent

Dec 1, 2012, 10:33 PM

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/facilities/dodie-anderson-aec.html

you didn't even mention

Dec 1, 2012, 10:59 PM

the surroundings... whata dump

Replies: 15