Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so

Mar 22, 2020, 8:40 PM

Explain why the US is the only nation that will experience 'EXPONENTIAL' cases of C-19 over the next week(s) when, to date, NO nation has. I'm no math wizard, but aside from political ideology, Priority Club points, or some wacked out desire to witness the apocalypse live and in living color from the comfort of your living room...exactly why all the doomsday wishes?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so

Mar 22, 2020, 8:41 PM

Those losers really irk those of us that actually are geniuses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2020, 8:44 PM

We are still in the infancy of this virus. There have only been like 330,000 worldwide cases so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 22, 2020, 8:47 PM

I googled and confirmed. Thanks 09.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand that...and you're right...

Mar 22, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so ]

But the operative word is: exponential. Where has it manifest itself? It's easy to use the word...not so easy to justify its application.

by exponential do you mean more?

Mar 22, 2020, 9:11 PM

And quickly?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every country, with a few exceptions, has had exponential

Mar 22, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I understand that...and you're right... ]

growth. Japan and South Korea are outliers. We are right at 16 days behind Italy in case growth. It is the same in Spain, Germany, soon to be England. What you see today in Italy, in 16 days, is us at our current rate, which is consistent in all countries with "social distancing". This is too contagious for that to work well. It will help. But to really beat this, we have to take measures Americans can not and will not take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every country, with a few exceptions, has had exponential

Mar 22, 2020, 11:17 PM

TU for jenner's cat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 23, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Mar 22, 2020, 8:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Are you irked?

Mar 22, 2020, 8:58 PM

;)

Re: ^^Are you irked?

Mar 23, 2020, 5:48 AM

Nope, just pointing out - we are better at everything. Including virus transmission.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 8:59 PM

Well I think the number of people who have it and have died has started the beginning of an exponential function...I personally believe that after everything is all said and done which includes us getting a vaccine...it will actually resemble more of a bell curve...it will rise exponentially and then peak And then start dropping and then when the vaccine comes out it will fall exponentially and then flatten out because it will always be around a little!!! Just one mans opinion though!!!

USA not only country***

Mar 22, 2020, 9:07 PM

Mar 22, 2020, 9:53 PM

Whelp clearly you don’t understand what exponential means because almost every country is growing exponentially. US is doubling every 2-3 days.

Please tell us you don’t have a Clemson degree, or at least that you got it in something useless like political science or art history.

Well, since YOU are

Mar 23, 2020, 5:49 AM

Exactly the 'type' I referenced...explain China...South Korea...heck...even here. Do you think I'm literal with 'exponential', you bombastic moron? No! The point is why you and others want to rain fear and doomsday upon the people of this nation and world...and why you, especially, have sat largely in silence these years and are just now gracing T-Net with the virtues of your learned Phd mind. You haven't remotely tried to 'hear' others' perspectives and, furthermore, you wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it dinged your doctorate.

By your learned reasoning, half the world should be infected by now...casket/crematorium business should be raging and the whole world should be pronouncing you 'Right'. That's what you want...maybe you'll get your wish. Perhaps you'll be last man standing. Based on what you've done here the past week or so, you simply aren't someone I'd ever care to cross paths with...and your brain is the last one I'd want to pick. Rating you pathetic is leaving the bar set too high.

I was within a hair-trigger of converting to paid membership here...but YOU are why I decided against for now. It's ok...I'm pretty certain the 'ban hammer' will come my way now...so, the floor will be yours. Enjoy it.

Re: Well, since YOU are

Mar 23, 2020, 8:04 AM

I didn’t realize that there were multiple ways of using the word “exponential”.

Tell me if you think this looks literallyor figuratively exponential to you.

Sorry that you want me to tell you that it’s all going to be ok and that barely anyone is going to get COVID

Mar 23, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so ]

Ok everyone pay attention! The professor and doctor and expert on social disease has arrived. You may now be seated why he enlightens all of us idiots.Go ahead I'm not listening. Just for the record you are a c u n t. Just saying. Don;t take it personal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 9:52 AM

Yep ..... looks like Dr. TR86 with his 50% pulse is trying to alienate everyone on here with his tactful approach. Carry on Doc!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either you don't know what "exponential" means

Mar 22, 2020, 10:45 PM

or you aren't paying attention.

See the yellow plot in the lower right.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Mar 23, 2020, 5:53 AM

Because there has been exponential growth in places like Spain and Italy.

Mar 23, 2020, 9:37 AM

I wonder which group you’re a part of

Mar 23, 2020, 9:49 AM

You forgot your group: Know it all a ss h oles

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you're obviously a world-renowned expert on this virus

Mar 23, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so ]

(given your 1,000+ posts on the subject) why aren't you consulting with the CDC instead of posting non stop on TigerNet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bob, there are several indicators that someone is panicking.

Mar 23, 2020, 10:26 AM

The two most common that I've seen as a result of coronavirus are...

1) People who are clearly panicking.
2) People who are telling anyone who will listen how calm they are and that they are not panicking, especially when no one is asking them. That's nervous energy.

Be leery of both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Since you're obviously a world-renowned expert on this virus

Mar 23, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Since you're obviously a world-renowned expert on this virus ]

I have time to do both

Mar 23, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Lots of self-proclaimed geniuses on here...so ]

Do those "graduates and professionals" include the PHD's that couldn't find their way back to their chair after walking across the stage and getting their diploma?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 10:10 AM

What should be considered is the more diagnostic tests taken the more positive results-this has been invisible in the numbers estimated thus far.
Also spring break effects and serving the semester back home will only fan the effects.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic