Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, it's about time someone figured out whay Bama lost.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Well, it's about time someone figured out whay Bama lost.

Jan 25, 2019, 7:32 AM

Skip to the 22 min, 30 sec mark and hear Linda explain the real reason Alabama lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amYF0-xzp_w

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Linda wasn't wrong

Jan 25, 2019, 7:56 AM

Tua was so used to just slinging it deep to wide open WRs against those weak SEC defenses that he had to be shocked at the audacity of Clemson to actually cover them. Tua was overconfident. Their OC was overconfident. And why not? As Linda said, the fans and media deified Tua all year long. He could do no wrong.

Also, when I was listening to Linda I was picturing that black woman in The Matrix that advised Neo. Sounded just like her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we were right. Trevor can do no wrong.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:02 AM

The freshman moment that everyone else was expecting never happened. We knew it wasn't coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we were right. Trevor can do no wrong.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:56 AM

Yes the freshman moment happened. Except it came one year late. Tua couldn’t handle the pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we were right. Trevor can do no wrong.

Jan 25, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to And we were right. Trevor can do no wrong. ]

I think I remember TL overthrowing a receiver on the sideline once in the game. That was his freshman moment. Freshman moments for him are slight and infrequent - barely perceptable.
They look like merely typical plays for mortal QBs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you go back and check that again?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:53 AM

I saw him throw the ball away a few times (over a receiver's head when I believed he had a little more time to check down but those games weren't close and I assumed he was just protecting his body. Imo, that is one of the things which make him better as a freshman than DW was his first year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, his freshman moment came against Cuse.

Jan 25, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to And we were right. Trevor can do no wrong. ]

One of the things which impressed me most was his desire and caution to protect his body.

I believe the revelation came to the entire nation that...

Jan 25, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Well, Linda wasn't wrong ]

Clemson is better than Alabama. I do not believe that any of the excuses made by anyone adds to or distracts from that.

It wasn't overconfidence that got Bama beat. Those Bama kids gave it everything they had. Their running backs were phenominal. It looked to me like we missed more tackles in that game than every other game we played this season all put together. Tua wasn't overconfident at all. His ability to read a defense presnap was right on. He just couldn't adjust after the snap. He can't think on his feet. Nothing will convince me that everyone on Bama's team was unaware of that going into the game.

The only thing that surprised Bama's team was how much better we played against them. Linda can't see past the end of her nose. If anything we got a little motivation out of ESPiN's claims that Bama was the GOAT. Saban is too good a coach to allow his boys and coaching staff to get tied up in that crap.

Re: Well, it's about time someone figured out whay Bama lost.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:17 AM

HC NS said it best
Clemson ran plays we had not practiced for
did some things we didn't think they could do

44 to 16 speaks loud

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So tired of hearing that Bama didnt have all their starters

Jan 25, 2019, 8:23 AM

Bama has had the highest recruiting class nearly every year for a decade. But to listen to these Bama fans you would think they only had a handful of good players.

For goodness sakes, they stockpile 4/5 star recruits like they do firewood before the winter. Lack of player talent should NEVER be an allowed excuse.

Re: So tired of hearing that Bama didnt have all their starters

Jan 25, 2019, 12:00 PM

Bama fans fell for ESPiN's hype. They don't know whether to chit or go blind right now. Some of the "Established Facts,' about Alabama football are; they have the greatest coach of all time, they have the greatest Bama QB of all time, they are the greatest fans of all time and everyone else would know it if they paid the least bit of attention to ESPiN.

That's it, the entire menu from which Bama fans can find fault and blame with the loss.

And we were lacking our All American Defensive Tackle***

Jan 25, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to So tired of hearing that Bama didnt have all their starters ]

Re: Well, it's about time someone figured out whay Bama lost.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:38 AM

Well, my own two bits is that Clemson's bend but don't break defense gave Tua mega problems. Tua is a great long ball thrower. But, after the first quarter Clemson took that away. Once inside the 20 yard line, Bama becomes beatable. I'm not exactly sure we WANTED Bama inside our 20 so often. But, it seemed to work in our favor.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In retrospect think it was obvious.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

Bama has two things going for them. The deep ball and the running threat. I'm not trying to dismiss that as something less than it is, they are top shelf good at both. The evidence is that in the middle of the field we chose to shut Bama's deep pass down. Naturally, field position took away Bama's deep threat.

rurnt***

Jan 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic