Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mizzou hit with 2019-2020 postseason football ban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Mizzou hit with 2019-2020 postseason football ban

Jan 31, 2019, 12:25 PM

Apparently tutors were doing players' homework. https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/former-missouri-tutor-completed-coursework-12-student-athletes

I wonder what that means for KB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the

Jan 31, 2019, 12:26 PM

team's 2019-2020 postseason football ban.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the

Jan 31, 2019, 12:27 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the

Jan 31, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the ]

...if he doesn't jump ship. That's my implied question.

Can he transfer again? without sitting?

Jan 31, 2019, 12:31 PM

He could probably get a waiver for this

Re: Can he transfer again? without sitting?

Jan 31, 2019, 1:57 PM

Yep, I think he can, and he will leave, he left a team heading to the playoffs and a NC win, he will drop mizzoo like a hot potato!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure it matters, I would assume he transferred

Jan 31, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the ]

because he wants a shot at the NFL and wants to play next season. He will get that chance at Mizzou and will probably flourish in that offense. It isn't like Mizzou was going to make the playoffs, so the postseason is fairly meaningless. He still gets the opportunity to put 12 games on tape for scouts to see. KB is going into a good situation for him at Mizzou, even with this ban.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I didn’t believe you at first. However, I googled it and basically

Jan 31, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the ]

You are write

Just means he doesn't have to make the choice to pass

Jan 31, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Well it probably means that KB will be subject to the ]

on playing in whatever crappy bowl Missouri was headed for.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB has reentered the Transfer Portal

Jan 31, 2019, 12:31 PM

Once a quitter.....

Re: Mizzou hit with 2019-2020 postseason football ban

Jan 31, 2019, 12:36 PM

Well, it was between Mizzou and UNCheat

the lesson here is not to ACTUALLY assign work, therefore it isn't an infraction if there is nothing for the tutors to do.

Jan 31, 2019, 12:36 PM

I'm guessing he could possibly get out of Missouri in a similar way that Shea Patterson left Ole Miss due to their post season ban. That said, the chances of them making a bowl game were probably slim anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 12:37 PM

Like they say...” The grass is always greener over the septic tank!” Quitters gonna quit.

Jan 31, 2019, 12:38 PM

Wait......... What?????????????
And UNC has 20 years of fake classes and not even a slap on the wrist?
I would love to hear some kind of LOGICAL explanation for this.

Logical explanation...

Jan 31, 2019, 12:47 PM

NCAA was so mad @ UNC (1 of the orgnization's blue bloods) that they took it out on Missouri (who the NCAA doesn't care about in terms of $ or lack of that they make the organization). Considering UNC got away w/ it so long, probably gonna be a few other non-blue bloods due to have the hammer dropped on them.

I may be mis-remembering and I'm definitely too

Jan 31, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Mizzou hit with 2019-2020 postseason football ban ]

lazy to look it up, but didn't UNC enforce their own ban prior to the NCAA ruling?

Yes UNCheat did a self imposed football bowl ban

Jan 31, 2019, 12:56 PM

NOTHING WITH BASKETBALL

They did in FB after the academic scandal & improper benefits stuff in 2010

Jan 31, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I may be mis-remembering and I'm definitely too ]

But what w/ what came out regarding the AFAM classes & uncovering how long that it went on, it's that women's basketball @ UNC was gonna be the sacrificial lamb & that almost everything that happened before the NCAA's toothless ruling was that UNC FB wouldn't receive any more punishment and - most importantly - that UNC's mens basketball team (the school's cash cow & one of the ACC's & NCAA's cash cows) escaped punishment & had no banners come down or bans imposed when others schools have received so for lesser. That's what angers so many, especially considering what happened w/ FSU in the 2000s w/ their athletic programs & that UNC & the rest of the ACC ganged up on Clemson in the 1980s to get more time added on us. It also fuels the perception/belief that the NCAA protects certain schools when they commit infractions while dropping the hammer on others.

Jan 31, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Mizzou hit with 2019-2020 postseason football ban ]

Simple actually.

UNC didn't have any class material to cause an infraction. You can't cheat on a test that is never actually issued. It has other problems with academic accreditation but that does not affect the NCAA in the least.

However, how this wasn't a lack of institutional control issue is beyond me, but I am a sane logical person, not the NCAA.

Jan 31, 2019, 12:41 PM

Time for KB to enter the "Portal" once again.....

Jan 31, 2019, 12:44 PM

Oh the irony for KB, transfers to a school that has nothing to play for now lol....tough break

Jan 31, 2019, 12:44 PM

eh.... If playing the the post-season was his biggest interest he probably wouldn't have selected Missouri.

Well...half the SEC is probably doing that...Quinnen Williams

Jan 31, 2019, 12:49 PM

probably reads at a 4th grade level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well...half the SEC is probably doing that...Quinnen Williams

Jan 31, 2019, 2:00 PM

Wouldn’t be shocked if our school did it too. You telling me every recruit we have are able to do calculus on their own?

Jan 31, 2019, 12:53 PM

i guess it means KB will actually have to do his own HW?

I thought academic fraud had been granted seal of approval?***

Jan 31, 2019, 1:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder what this means for KB

Jan 31, 2019, 2:35 PM

He'll have to do his own homework? Danm

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic