Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Guillermo understands the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Guillermo understands the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Nov 23, 2015, 2:55 PM

Guillermo understands the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Jay Guillermo understands how the fans feel about South Carolina because he feels the same way. Welcome to rivalry week. Clemson’s junior starting center grew up a Clemson fan, and he fondly remembers the days when he would sit in his grandparents’ living room and watch Clemson face off against South Carolina, dreaming of the chance to play in the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, hopefully we see a better.....

Nov 23, 2015, 2:59 PM

performance from the OL, than we saw against WF

j/S

Re: Well, hopefully we see a better.....

Nov 23, 2015, 4:57 PM

Getting Gore back will help the offensive line. Keep it rolling Tigers. I will be happy if we win by 1, 50, or anything in between. Keep winning and we are in the playoffs!

Re: Well, hopefully we see a better.....

Nov 23, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Well, hopefully we see a better..... ]

Wake's front 7 can play with anyone...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter what - don't lose to the gamecocks***

Nov 23, 2015, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Guillermo understands the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Nov 23, 2015, 3:18 PM

Ok, this is the gamecock logic that I'm hearing, around Columbia, "We beat UNC, which is an ACC team, who's playing Clemson in the ACC championship. So, if our gamecocks can beat UNC, they can beat Clemson!"

Nov 23, 2015, 3:24 PM

That does sound like coot logic. They don't see that they were lucky against UNC, OR that they be beaten by 3 scores if they played that same team today. They think being in the SEC magically makes you better. Well they'll see Saturday. They couldn't beat Syracuse.
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Guillermo understands the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock" ]

They say they beat UNCheat. HAHAHA. UNCheat gave them the win. Marquise Williams was the USuCk MVP.

There shoud be a course in hatred

Nov 23, 2015, 3:25 PM

They should have a freshman orientation class for all of our football players. Since we get so many from out of state these days many of them don't grow up with that hatred that most of us feel. It should be a 3 hour course with a 1 hour lab.

Every year, I want to see players that wear that gawd awful burgundy or maroon crap, to be battered and bruised. I want them all to look like Yusef Kelly kicked and stomped on their gourds. (Say what you want to but Thanks Yusef for that memory, they started it, our boyz finished it)

I love Clemson football more than all but just a few things in life. But my hatred for Sakerlina is sooooooooo much greater than my love of the Tigers.

^^^^

Nov 23, 2015, 4:54 PM

Agreed. Being from out of state they just don't understand it as much. My moms momma was #### ticket holder til she died. And I rarely hung out with them. Was always with my dad's peeps who were Clemson folk. Good thing I grew up on the right side. Shewww

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There shoud be a course in hatred

Nov 23, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to There shoud be a course in hatred ]

I used to think I should be ashamed of that picture of Yusef Kelly to which you refer, but I am DANG PROUD of it! I think I might get a poster of that made to hang over my desk. Maybe another to hang above the TV on game day!

It did cancel the next SC state championship game though I believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There shoud be a course in hatred

Nov 23, 2015, 6:53 PM

Love how this kid thinks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we beat them again in '05.

Nov 24, 2015, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: There shoud be a course in hatred ]

They just caused us to miss out on some mid-tier bowl game. In hindsight, it was worth it to watch our guys stomp their ##### in the game AND in the fight.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is "THE" game of year

Nov 23, 2015, 3:44 PM

Doesn't matter what has happened so far this year and to me it doesnt matter what will happen after this game. The game for me will rest on the offensive line and defensive line. To impose your will with a nasty attitude is paramount with these two groups. Finally keep your foot on the gas and DO NOT let off until the game is over. A complete game is required.

the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Nov 23, 2015, 3:45 PM

Most cock-lovers I run into see my hat and drop their eyes to the deck. Most have nothing to crow about. And a dominant performance Saturday is what my Tigers need. Break their will. I don't see the tigers looking past , over- looking or taking them lightly , no matter how much they hope we are. And I feel that we ( as to say my Tigers) will run wild on them. Wayne train is coming to Columbia.
GO TIGERS!!!!!,

Re: the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Nov 23, 2015, 3:50 PM

Mercy is for the weak. No mercy.

Re: the hate: "I could never be a Gamecock"

Nov 23, 2015, 4:02 PM

None! Score til the whistle blows! Leave no doubt in their minds that their little stint in the top twenty five has passed. They are again the cellar dwellers. GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 4:32 PM

I just want our Tigers to be focused...protect our quarterback...play great defense...play great special teams and do your jobs. Do it Tigers...prepare, believe and execute...people will try to get inside your heads this week...listen to your coaches. Love you Tigers...Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans, lets talk positive and encourage our team...be honest but no negativity. Forget the Gamecock fans who are on this website. Just remember they are our Tigers and they have given us a great season...keep supporting them. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 4:52 PM

And you not down with that I got two words for ya!!!..... You know the rest cocky ??

don't we have to play The Citadel for the state championship now?

Nov 23, 2015, 5:31 PM

Hmmmm....

My new favorite player!***

Nov 23, 2015, 5:35 PM

nm

Nov 24, 2015, 9:05 AM

I was talking with my Dad a while back and he told me he almost went to South Carolina. But then he talked to a teacher in High School and he suggested that my Dad look in to Architecture, well he looked into it and he decided to go to Clemson and that is where he met my Mom on a mixer trip to Winthrop and he later graduated with his degree in Architecture in 1959. After he told me that I said "Thank You for not going to South Carolina and making me be a looser for the rest of my life."
We lived in West Columbia from a baby till I graduated from Clemson in 1990 and that really reinforced my hatred for the coots. You can't stand them when they are winning and can't find them when they are losing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic