Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zamir White
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Zamir White

Feb 20, 2017, 3:44 PM

Apparently his relationship with Dell McGee at uga has swung recruitment to the dawgs as of now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zamir White

Feb 20, 2017, 4:16 PM

Still a long way to go but I'm hearing we've reeled in momma.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 4:17 PM

She hasn't met Dabo yet.

But it's definitely tied now.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Zamir and Mama need to read this....

Feb 20, 2017, 4:26 PM

Carla Boyd’s Message

Football | 05. Jan, 2014 by Robert MacRae | 0 Comments
Carla Boyd’s Message

Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, called TheClemsonInsider.com on Sunday to get a message out to Tiger fans, parent of recruits and others about coach Swinney and her son’s experience at Clemson.

“I want to get a message out the the Clemson fans and other parent about Dabo Swinney. I need to tell the fans and talk to the parents. Everything Dabo told us came true,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla remembers how coach Swinney made landing his son priority number one for the Clemson staff.

“Dabo told us when he got the job after being interim coach he told the coaches we have to go out and get Tajh. He said he told the staff to go out and do everything the legal way to get Tajh. Get him on campus was the message he told the staff,” said Carla Boyd.

Coach Napier and coach Pearman were late to the party, but worked hard and convinced Tajh and his family to visit Clemson.

“When we were scheduled to come the first time for the visit I couldn’t get off work. I looked on the Internet and saw where all the fans were so disappointed. When I was able to make it we got there at around 2 AM. Coach Napier and coach Pearman were waiting for us with blood shot eyes. We had blood shot eyes as well. We checked into the hotel and from there on everything went great,” said Carla Boyd.

The next key for Tajh was the in-home visit for coach Swinney.

“Dabo said Tajh could take the program to another level. He said we can make it happen if you believe. Tajh can make it happen. He said I have a plan. I need you to believe in me. He told me when I finish with Tajh he will be a better young man,” said Carla Boyd.

Dabo brought something along on the visit to show where he thought Tajh could lead the program.

“He showed us a picture he had of Tajh competing for the Heisman. It really happened. Everything he told us happened,” said Carla Boyd.

Following the visit Carla wasn’t sure who her son would select, but she knew she believed in coach Swinney.

“I felt a good spirit about him. I always believed in him,” said Carla Boyd.

Early Saturday morning after the victory Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, shed some tears as she talked with coach Swinney. Carla wanted to thank coach Swinney for keeping the promises he made five years ago.

“I said everything you said would happen came to fruition. I still can’t believe it,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla had a message for other parents who have son’s looking at Clemson.

“At one point you have to trust in a coach. I trusted in turning my son over to Dabo and that program because of his Christian beliefs. That has always been a big help to Tajh. I would tell any mom or dad you should send your son to Clemson. If your son does the right things they can end up just like Tajh,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla also had a message for Clemson fans.

“I want to thank all of the fans that stood by us through thick and thin. I want to thank those dedicated friends and fans,” said Carla Boyd.

She couldn’t leave without saying one more time what coach Swinney meant to her family.

“Everything he told us when he came to the house came true in front of our eyes. He told us to believe and we did,’ said Carla Boyd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

tied between who? Bama and UGA?

Re: Reeled in momma: That'll put y'all over the SEC salary

Feb 21, 2017, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Cap

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 5:58 PM

Just goes to show you how quickly these kids can change their minds. Especially with a short goofy washed up preppy with a horrible comb over like Smart....

He's beginning to become a real pain in the balls.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 21, 2017, 12:15 PM

> Just goes to show you how quickly these kids can
> change their minds. Especially with a short goofy
> washed up preppy with a horrible comb over like
> Smart....
>
> He's beginning to become a real pain in the balls.

washed up? comb over? who was more goofy than an insurance salesman named Dabo? Has CDS ever had a # 3 recruiting class? Much respect for Dabo but it took him 7 years.....Kirby will do it in 4 with classes like 2017.

Does UGAY have 2 national championships since 1980?

Feb 21, 2017, 12:22 PM

I'll hang up and listen

Well hey there supermutt!

Feb 21, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Haven't heard from you in a while. Figures that you would come show yourself during UGA's most successful months AKA the offseason

You can keep your "#3 recruiting class" and Ill keep my national championship. I have lived in GA all my life, and no other fanbase basks in the moral victories of recruiting like the Dawgs. Seriously. These people throw the phrase "former 5 star recruit" around as if every player on the roster had that distinction.

Richt brought in equally as touted recruiting classes year in and out. As have schools like USC and Texas and LSU....and what do they have to show for it of late?

The reality is that yes, acquisition of talent is one of the biggest pieces in building a championship calibur program, but the games arent won based off recruiting points and theoretical "star values"

Rivals had Deshaun Watson ranked higher than any other recruiting source, and they still had 30 guys ranked ahead of him.

Mike Williams was ranked as the #27 WR

Wayne Gallman and Vic Beasley were both 3 star "athletes"

Todd Gurley was overshadowed by Keith Marshall

Meanwhile, guys like Mike Bellamy and Isaiah Crowell come in lauded as "5 star" guys when nobody knows how they are going to pan out. So yeah, recruiting definitely matters, but the rankings don't always tell the whole tale...

Consider this: here are Clemson's recruiting class rankings since 2011...

2016 - 6
2015 - 4
2014 - 13
2013 - 14
2012 - 14
2011 - 8

So no, Dabo hasn't had a #3 ranked class. But that didn't stop us from winning it all. Take a look at how some other programs classes were ranked over that same stretch...

LSU - 5, 8, 2, 6, 18, 6
Texas - 7, 12, 20, 24, 2, 3
USC - 12, 1, 10, 13, 8, 4
Ohio St - 3, 9, 3, 2, 4, 11
FSU - 2, 3, 4, 10, 6, 2
UGA - 11, 6, 7, 12, 12, 5

FSU and OSU are top 5 mainstays and only have 1 title apiece. You could also argue that LSU and UGA both out-recruited Clemson on paper....with what to show for it?

UGA had a great class this year. But they have always had great recruiting classes. There is more to winning than getting talented guys on campus. We'll see what Kirby does with it. I think UGA can be a serious title contender in 2018 and beyond if he and his staff end up knowing what they are doing. But until they show signs of improvement, I think it's foolish to say they will win it all in 4 years

Good luck

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well hey there supermutt!

Feb 21, 2017, 5:11 PM

Appreciate you putting this info together +1

Thanks!***

Feb 23, 2017, 2:12 AM

Re: Well hey there supermutt!

Feb 21, 2017, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Well hey there supermutt! ]

Don't confuse him with facts. It ruins his agenda. :)

Feb 21, 2017, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

I'll just leave this Sports Illustrated article here:
http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/13/recruiting-class-team-re-rankings-2014

BTW #5 in Rivals 2016; #4 in Rivals 2015...I'd say that's pretty close there, Dawg. Then you got that above about a re-ranking of the 2014 class...where does SI say Clemson should have been that year if re-ranked??

Feb 21, 2017, 1:52 PM

That's a fun read and I believe they got it right

hey superdawg51...

Feb 21, 2017, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]
dabo.jpg(68.8 K)

nm

Feb 21, 2017, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Georgia has recruited great for the last 15 years. Where are the championships because I do not see any?

Feb 21, 2017, 4:24 PM

> Georgia has recruited great for the last 15 years.
> Where are the championships because I do not see any?

Well...they did win the SEC. In 2005.

Nothing since then. In contrast, in the same time frame Clemson has three ACC titles (four if you count 2009, the year Georgia Tech vacated their title), three BCS bowl appearances, two playoff appearances, three playoff wins, and a national title.

Clemson's won a lotta stuff, in other words. Georgia, not so much. Not in the BCS era, and absolutely nada in the Playoff Era.

Feb 21, 2017, 4:46 PM

If only recruiting rankings were actually rankings.

Feb 21, 2017, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Do what ? Win another National Championship ? LoL.
Until Nick Saban retires the SEC is a foregone conclusion .
Now , I think Smart will start to win the east comsistently because to be honest it's hot garbage at the moment and ripe for the picking , but the west with Alabama and LSU are the teams to beat .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 21, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Wow, you realize you'll get more sympathy from the coot board. you do realize that Clemson has won as many games the last two years as you dawgs have the last 3, and lost 9 less? Just sayin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm...we numba 1***

Feb 21, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Feb 21, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Georgia's bark is worse than their bite. So far, it's been a puppy mill that can't raise show dogs.

How many National Championships does Smart have as a HC?

Feb 21, 2017, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

I'll wait.

Feb 21, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

I wish Vandy was on our schedule so we'd have an easy win each year like the SEC Least does. Oh wait...

You are on crack

Feb 21, 2017, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Either that or you have sniffed enough dawg #### to have drain bamage

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 decades of massive underachievement that followed..

Feb 21, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Vince Dooley's retirement will continue. South Carolina is plagued by the Chicken Curse, seems Georgia suffers from a similar phenomena.

With this latest class ya'll ought to crush Nichols State

Feb 21, 2017, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

this year! Impressive for sure!

Does his family own a car wash in Athens?***

Feb 20, 2017, 9:24 PM

Re: Does his family own a car wash in Athens?***

Feb 21, 2017, 12:30 PM

if the dawgs couldn't win with richt's talent , then kirby's talent don't stand a prayer..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does his family own a car wash in Athens?***

Feb 21, 2017, 6:04 PM

The thing I would add is that Kirby Smart hasn't proven he can be a successful head coach . I know the sample size is small , but with what we have to go on it looks like he might be more bust than #boom .

DB23

Where 5 stars go to be 7-5. Legendary.***

Feb 21, 2017, 11:22 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic