Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC baseball is the best program in the country right now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

SC baseball is the best program in the country right now...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:26 PM

Sucks to say, but it's true. Yeah, it also sucks losing to them the past 4-5 years, but it's not like we are losing to some scrub teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didnt we just lose to wintrop***

Mar 3, 2013, 8:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does that mean?

Mar 3, 2013, 8:36 PM

The last year we went to Omaha, we lost to Mercer and Western Carolina. It's baseball...it happens. I was speaking to the consistent losing to So Carolina over the past few years.

u said its not like were losing to scrub teams

Mar 3, 2013, 8:49 PM

Yes we are actually

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See above. I was referring to So Carolina.

Mar 3, 2013, 8:52 PM

Every team, as the poster below and i above pointed out, loses to teams that you would call scrubs. It's baseball...same reason the Royals can beat the Yankees any given night. We haven't lost to any So Carolina teams that are scrubs.

So we're the Royals and we stole one from the Yankees?

Mar 3, 2013, 10:02 PM

Good to know.

point for cheese grating video, not tired of it yet***

Mar 3, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to u said its not like were losing to scrub teams ]

Re: didnt we just lose to wintrop***

Mar 3, 2013, 8:41 PM [ in reply to didnt we just lose to wintrop*** ]

youre right man. the season is over. i'll email leggett and tell him to end the season now. I heard we are already out of the running for the ACC also.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Scar lost to...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:39 PM

D2 Francis Marion last year, yet still played in national title. This is baseball not college football. Just have to make the tourney and get hot.

So true, the problem with these kinds of sports is that it's

Mar 3, 2013, 8:55 PM

getting hot at the right time. The NFL's playoff situation now also enables that. College football is about the best bastion of needing a complete season (and espn's approval). I'd love to lose at home once each of the next two years and put a couple of MNC trophies in the case. We won't get approval for that as Saban did.

Re: SC baseball is the best program in the country right now...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:44 PM

we used to dominate them; now they dominate us!! THANKS JACK!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point is that they are dominating everyone right now...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:50 PM

not just us. They have won 2 out of 3 national titles and finished runner up the other year.

man, they CRUSHED Liberty didn't they.***

Mar 3, 2013, 8:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yeah, they also lost to Francis Marion last year

Mar 3, 2013, 8:56 PM

as the other poster pointed out, yet still were in the national title game. They are in the top 10 for a reason. Plus, I was referring to generally over the past 4-5 years, they are the best program in the country. Not sure how anyone can dispute that.

Re: My point is that they are dominating everyone right now...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:54 PM [ in reply to My point is that they are dominating everyone right now... ]

They will be down this year. Way down. They do not have the sticks or the pitching they had during that run. How the midget they put out on the mound dominated us with 85 mph meatballs I will never know. They are a regional...possible super regional team, but not the same team they had the past 3 years.

This was supposed to be the year Jack didn't get his tail whipped.

Re: My point is that they are dominating everyone right now...

Mar 4, 2013, 11:29 AM [ in reply to My point is that they are dominating everyone right now... ]

Not too forget they played for the Championship in 2002 in a winner take all single game against Texas and lost. To play in four of the last 11 Championships is pretty impressive no matter who they are.

Mar 3, 2013, 8:50 PM

In any other year I would agree with that. This year that scar team that waxed our tails is not a world beater team. The pitcher they threw out on the mound today is not an ace. This scar team is going to be down. What does that say about the Clemson program?

Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second

Mar 3, 2013, 8:53 PM

I'm betting they are right there in the top 5-10 in the end like they have been the past 5 years or so.

Re: Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second

Mar 3, 2013, 8:55 PM

They are a top 10 team right now based on their history. Any scar fan would tell you the same. They lost so much. They are a top 20 team, but they are a shell of what they were the past 3 years.

Mar 3, 2013, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second ]

Believe what you want. That team they put out on the field this weekend is not what they are used to seeing. You don't lose all they lost and still be a top 5-10 team.

1. The pitching staff is down
2. The lineup is down
3. The fielding is about the same

2 out of 3 down. They are going to take some lumps when they play teams who can actually put the ball in play.

Mar 3, 2013, 9:15 PM

Unless some young guys play way over their head for an entire season, all of this is true. The talent is there and we will be back in contention really soon but this year will be a learning year for a lot of talented guys.

Mar 3, 2013, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second ]

I think it's a bit early to know whether their pitching staff is "down".. Do they have Roth or Price..no..but Price struggled starting last year. We'll know in a few weeks just how solid their pitching is.. Is their batting down? Actually it's anyone's guess.. Those lofty averages are founded on Liberty, Albany, Furman and Clemson.. hit me with how cheesey or strong they are batting in another 4 to 6 weeks... Anyone thinking Clemson or SCar is where they will be at the end of the year knows zip about baseball.. Get a grip.. there is a lot of baseball to be played.. jeezuz..it's the first of March and people are breaking out the Jimmie Jones Kool Aid already...

Mar 3, 2013, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second ]

I actually agree, from what I've seen to this point we're in for a rebuilding year. We're making too many errors and I'm not sold on Holmes and Belcher, I think Wynkoop will take one of their jobs by midseason.

If you are so impressed with them

Mar 3, 2013, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Well, for one, they are a top 10 team right now. And second ]

maybe you are one. Sounds like you are in love with them. Get on down there and off the board.

How old are you?***

Mar 3, 2013, 9:16 PM

Ranked #7 so someone thinks they're 6 teams better

Mar 4, 2013, 7:20 AM

Just using facts not cockerel logic

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 7:37 AM

They are a good team - maybe 80-85% of what they were last year at this point. Dantzler is a good replacement for Walker at first and Montgomery is looking good as a starter. If they find a reliable closer then they've got a good shot to go back to the CWS again.

Left-handed hitting is obviously an issue but Belcher's pitch placement was also excellent. Season is just getting rolling - too early to fully assess. I think there's still a good chance we'll make the tournament.

No...best in the state and maybe the SEC but not in the

Mar 4, 2013, 8:51 AM

country

Re: Interesting??...who would be your list of better...

Mar 4, 2013, 10:05 AM

programs that SC?

Can't think of any teams whom have won more games over the past 5\10 years than SC nor any team who has appeared in THREE(3) STRAIGHT CWS championships finals, winning two of them?

But I am sure there are some teams with a better recent resume and results, who are they?

that doesn't do anything for this years version.

Mar 5, 2013, 3:08 AM

w i t h does 10 years ago have to do with the squad y'all are putting on the field now? these kids were playing t-ball at that time. and oregon state also won 2 straight a few years back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either your ignorant or just too biased to see it.***

Mar 5, 2013, 12:08 AM [ in reply to No...best in the state and maybe the SEC but not in the ]

No not right now... AZ saw to that...'10-'11 maybe so***

Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 AM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic