Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well boys..Ole Spud whacked'em today but you would think at my advanced age
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Well boys..Ole Spud whacked'em today but you would think at my advanced age

Jun 9, 2018, 11:07 PM

That I would know better than to throw 8lb. test in those conditions. I I would have ...y'all could have seen some really nice pics tonite...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well boys..Ole Spud whacked'em today but you would think at my advanced age

Jun 9, 2018, 11:09 PM

nice crappie

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2018, 11:22 PM

Spud, you need to go on the tour. You know how to catch the big ones .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went with Furious George today, and I swear on John C.

Jun 9, 2018, 11:41 PM

Calhoun's best mule....that if everyone on Tigernet had been sitting on the bank at the top of the muddy hill we pulled those kayaks out of today....Well, Frank Howard would have heard y'all laughing. NO lie, Ole Spud was at the bottom, up to my ,well, way up, in the slickest mud you have ever seen. On two occasions,my shoe came off my foot while extracting it to gain another foothold and I had to search for it with my arm. Furious was at the top, and he would pull on the rope as I gave a big push from the bottom. I'm talking about a 14 foot hill with a 60 degree incline. Well, Furious's kayak has huge battery, trolling motor,rods,tackle,anchor,etc. It is a load. I was huffing and puffing, because you could not rest, for fear that the whole rig would get started moving backwards, thereby running slap over yours truly. Anyway, we had that beast about 8 feet up the hill, when I tried to get a better foothold...and LOST! I went sliding back down that muddy embankment on all fours right back in the river, waist deep and on my back in mud that would have made Louis from Suits happy to be in. Furious, ever the friend, laughed out loud, but at a level appropriate to our relationship. Yep, laughed his &*^ off....He was at the top of the hill laughing and I was at the bottom of the hill laughing. In all my years of hunting and fishing, I have never slid down an 8 foot hill into mud 2 feet deep....When I am 90 years old, that is what I will remember from that trip today!!

Re: I went with Furious George today, and I swear on John C.

Jun 9, 2018, 11:45 PM

That is the same shirt from the first pic with the fish...

Jun 9, 2018, 11:52 PM

the pants...well, my pants may be ruint! They are soaking in the wash now...Will let y'all know how they turn out...

I can not believe that someone, somewhere near

Jun 10, 2018, 7:16 AM [ in reply to I went with Furious George today, and I swear on John C. ]

wasn’t filming this entire production on their phone. Classo94 will probably be posting it here soon.

btw: about the “... trolling motor, battery, rods/tackle, cooler, TV, air conditioner...” Are you sure that’s still a kayak??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Yep....George is the best handyman I have ever met. He can

Jun 10, 2018, 9:28 AM

modify anything...Mine....I just have a paddle....and yes, if that ordeal would have been captured on film with my fat...sliding back down that muddy bank, Mrs. Spud would have had some fine entertainment....

Re: I can not believe that someone, somewhere near

Jun 10, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I can not believe that someone, somewhere near ]

Thought the same thing. I have considered getting one, but I wondered if my big bottom and height might overload it (much less the motor, battery, tackle, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Well boys..Ole Spud whacked'em today but you would think at my advanced age ]

I thought that was the bait he was going to use. The story rates two TU's but I'll deduct one because of the dirty shirt.

Seriously, that's a beauty !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, Mr. Joe

Jun 10, 2018, 10:41 AM

Can we impose upon you to explain 'advanced age' to Spud? He seems fuzzy on the topic! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a largemouth bass*******

Jun 10, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys..Ole Spud whacked'em today but you would think at my advanced age ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2018, 11:27 PM

what the heck is that? A drydock?

I fish some sketchy spots....***

Jun 9, 2018, 11:47 PM

Re: I fish some sketchy spots....***

Jun 10, 2018, 12:26 AM

Glad I was not with you. Ya'll would have had to drag my lifeless body up the rest of that mud hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fish some sketchy spots....***

Jun 10, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I fish some sketchy spots....*** ]

Spud, did you used to run an Esso service station in Fort Lawn, S.C. ?

Nossir. Not me. Been in Real Estate all my life...***

Jun 10, 2018, 9:30 AM

Re: Been in Real Estate all my life...

Jun 10, 2018, 12:14 PM

Mostly mud, it would appear....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Cheers to you for defeating gravity.....

Jun 10, 2018, 12:08 PM

Nice bass. That would be a battle in a kayak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Spud whacked'em today

Jun 10, 2018, 8:13 PM

Somebody re-spool you???? Looks like a big ol' good 'un to me. Three more inches and four more pounds and she'd been a great ole big 'un....

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic