Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Ole Urb is at it again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Well Ole Urb is at it again

Aug 25, 2018, 7:04 AM

More apologizing. Kind of like what Michael Richards tried to do a few years a go. Cant ever just do it and move on. Here are his new words--- The statement reads:

My words and demeanor on Wednesday did not show how seriously I take relationship violence. I sincerely apologize. I was taught at a very young age that if I ever hit a woman, I would be kicked out of the house and never welcomed back. I have the same rule in my house and in the Football Program at Ohio State. Over the years, we have worked hard to educate and remind our coaches and players of the seriousness of relationship violence.

I understand my lack of more action in this situation has raised concerns about this commitment. I once again apologize for this, and I extend my empathy to all women, men and families who are affected by relationship violence. This has been a real learning experience for me. I fully intend to use my voice more effectively to be a part of the solution.

Let me say here and now what I should have said on Wednesday: I sincerely apologize to Courtney Smith and her children for what they have gone through."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Ole Urb is at it again

Aug 25, 2018, 7:16 AM

Why would Urb apologize? He did not hit her and he did not stop her from pressing charges against her idiot husband. He also did not stop her dad, brother, uncle or cousin from stepping in and do what family does in this situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:35 AM

Urban didn't hit Courtney Smith, but he essentially ignored her pleas for help and did nothing to inform the University compliance office (as required) that one of his coaches was being accused of spousal abuse.

A simple thing like pulling the coach from coaching duties while the University looked into the allegations is the least he could have done. Instead, I think his actions went something like this:

Urb: "Zack - are you beating your wife?"
Zack: "Nope"
Urb: "Ok - how's our receivers looking?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 7:55 AM

Great to say it but when the opportunity came to do it... he failed to do so! Winning is ALL that counts at Buckeye U.

Aug 25, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Ole Urb is at it again ]

Last night i saw..upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
HOW i wish he'd go away...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apologize "for what they have gone through"?

Aug 25, 2018, 7:35 AM

He still doesn't get it at all. He doesn't show any recognition of what HE should be apologizing for - he is not responsible for what she went through but needs to show regret for how he handled the situation with her husband. How hard should it be to come up with the correct words for that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apologize "for what they have gone through"?

Aug 25, 2018, 7:39 AM

He should shut up and move on. Nothing in words at this point will alter opinions of people. They either like what he did or dont and it falls along school fan lines. personally I've never liked him and think he is a weasel. I think he tampered w CJ and tried to get him to go to Fla. Nothing in this episode has altered my opinion of him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apologize "for what they have gone through"?

Aug 25, 2018, 7:59 AM

"Nothing in words at this point will alter opinions of people."

At this point it is not about changing public opinion. However, it is about checkimg the box so the football can be played and the success of the 2018 season can wash over the sins of the past.

I think tbere is more anger towards the administration than the coach. Heat is already coming off Meyer slowly. However, he is still receiving criticism for not apologizing directly to the victim. That swirl would continue - albeit as an under current.

Now Urban's defenders can check,the box that he,apologized directly or in reference to the victim.

He had to do it.

Time for kickoff and the attention of the crowd will once again be turned toward the distraction the thousand other stories that collectively make a college football season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're supposed to apologize for what you did, not for what

Aug 25, 2018, 8:10 AM

happened to somebody. Still missed the mark on apologizing to Courtney Smith.

And while I'm at it, the school's punishment makes no sense. If he knew about it and condoned it, he should be fired. If he didn't know about it, he shouldn't be punished. Of course he knew about it and should be gone, but I don't see how a mild suspension can be justified at all.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you say "damage control" ?!?!?!?!***

Aug 25, 2018, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Exactly

Aug 25, 2018, 12:22 PM

null

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Can you say "focus group" ?!?!?!?!***

Aug 25, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Can you say "damage control" ?!?!?!?!*** ]

Just another lying politician that will say anything to stay in power and in the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 25, 2018, 10:09 AM

It's not about opinion, it's State Employee policy that has been violated. A person in leadership in a state job is obligated to report domestic violence and sexual abuse. In this case the domestic violence was not reported by two Ohio State employees (Urban and Shelly Myers), Both should be punished and due to the length of this abuse and being in two different Universities it should be more than 3 or 4 games. Also the whole staff knew what was happening and did nothing or did report it and was hushed by the head coach and administration. This investigation needs to go all the way back to U of Florida and why did Urban really leave a successful program.
We're not talking about recruiting violations or changing grades for eligibility. This woman's life was in jeopardy. If your argument is, she could have left then you don't understand domestic violence and co-dependency.

Aug 25, 2018, 3:17 PM

Shelly should have been fired and possibly arrested. As a nurse in a State University, she saw the pictures and was advised by the wife that she was assaulted. When SHE did not report, she was in violation of statutes and laws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 3:01 PM

a day late and a dollar short......he should have been fired.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2018, 3:06 PM

I have a cat that sometimes misses the pooty box and tries to cover it up on the hardwood. With about as much success, Urban.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic