Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this

Feb 28, 2016, 7:16 AM

true story. When the 1968 election occurred, I was a senior at Clemson and drove home to vote.

My Mother and I drove to Ebinport Elementary and reaching the front of the line, the ladies working the poll were close friends with Mother. One said, "It's nice that you came from Clemson to vote."

Without hesitation my Mother chimed, "I don't know why; he's going to vote for that ole Democrat!"

The ladies looked at me in shock with one saying, "Why would you do that? We're Nixon people here in Rock Hill!"

Before I could respond, my Mother added, "He's probably been hanging around the wrong crowd at school. I guess our votes will cancel each other's out!"

I never returned there to vote. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Nixon then proceeded to be the best president...

Feb 28, 2016, 7:21 AM

In the history of 'Murica.

Morning, Mr. Hartins! You going make up for your sins and vote for Nixon this year? ??

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough,

Feb 28, 2016, 7:32 AM

when Nixon got caught up in the Watergate scandal, my Mother made a strange comment, "Well, maybe, we should have put that ole Humphrey in the White House."

My Dad and I both laughed with him saying, "I can't believe I heard that." She laughed and added that she "...was only joking. They all do that kind of stuff....It's just the Democrats trying to get Nixon." lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the irony of the Hillary coverups after her role in getting Nixon.

Feb 28, 2016, 9:11 AM

she learned you don't leave a gap in evidence. you just destroy it all and then shrug your shoulders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough,

Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough, ]

I can top that comment. My in-laws grew up during the depression in South Georgia and because of Roosevelt they voted Democrat their entire life. The were also devout Baptist and my Father-in-law was a minister. After Clinton got caught with Monaca Lewinsky, they defended him to the hilt, claiming the whole sexcapade was a hoax created by the Republican Party and he did not have sex with that woman! At that point, I knew the American public would believe anything slick Willy could conjure up!

And what does having an affair with an intern...

Feb 28, 2016, 2:01 PM

have to do with one's ability to the job as President? Simple answer, none. Most politicians have affairs with somebody. Could care less about the sex life of some one else, just concerned with their ability to make decisions that benefit the country as a whole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe nothing, except as a former government employee

Feb 28, 2016, 4:33 PM

(US Marine), I learned not to trust people that lie and cheat. The only reason I would ever follow Bill Clinton, as a leader, is out of curiosity!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could have a lot to do with it. Slick Willie spent a lot

Feb 28, 2016, 6:28 PM [ in reply to And what does having an affair with an intern... ]

of time trying to cover up, when he could have been doing more important things. Of course, I'm sure you think Nixon covering up Watergate didn't affect his ability to govern, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It generally didn't count as "sex"

Feb 28, 2016, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough, ]

until after the scandal.

Re: Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough,

Feb 28, 2016, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Well, Good Morning to my good Friend! Oddly enough, ]

It was Hillary fault!

You coulda messed them up and said ...

Feb 28, 2016, 7:32 AM

"Naw: I'm voting for Wallace!"

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL......***

Feb 28, 2016, 12:03 PM

Re: THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this

Feb 28, 2016, 8:01 AM

The funny thing about the entire "Watergate" scandal is everyone forgets what they actually stole from the Watergate Hotel. They went to the hotel to steal the list of the democrat delegates to the convention and the call girls that would be bought for them, they planned to blackmail them. I wonder how things would have changed if when Nixon found out that they had broken into the Watergate and what they had taken, if he would have just held a press conference and released the information and the names of the men who stole the list.

Ironic thing about Watergate was it was the least crooked thing Nixon did...

Feb 28, 2016, 1:55 PM

He avoids getting in trouble for his bigger scandals and got caught for being too paranoid about Democrats.

Feb 28, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this ]

Heck I think I got the best story on Watergate! I had finished HS in 1972 when Congressman Tom Gettys hired me as an Intern for the office prior to summer recess. A trip to Washington was special in those days so my family went to drop me off. We arrived the day of Watergate. The following Monday I started work in the Cannon Office building. I will never forget what the elevator operator said that day. "Mark my word there is a whole lot more to this than most Americans realize." Sitting in an elevator and listening all day long gave this federal employee the single best perspective I've ever heard.

Go Tigers! Nice to talk about my hometown in an interesting light for a political year.

Feb 28, 2016, 8:24 AM

How did you manage to stay in Clemson in 1968 if you were a democrat?

Feb 28, 2016, 8:38 AM

There were lots of us there in 68, including the número uno rabble rouser, Richard Harpootlian. (Edit wouldn't let me say ####).

"Poot," as we called him, actually applied for a job on

Feb 28, 2016, 12:01 PM

"The Tiger" the year I was the Editor-in-Chief, and even then was a hard charger.

I liked him, for he was passionate about his work as a news reporter with a take-no-prisoners attitude. His earlier efforts required heavy editing by our news chief and copy editors, but we could count on him to fulfill assignments eagerly with great attention to detail.

Years later, upon his selection to lead the state Democratic Party, I told close friends that his tenure would be a wild ride, filled with memorable quotes. I wasn't wrong. lol

Message was edited by: hartins®

Feb 28, 2016, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this ]

He's managed to live in cootlumbia for 40 years, being a Clemson graduate!!

####, Dikk HarPOOTlian was there in 1968! Yeah, the same

Feb 28, 2016, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: THE ROCK HILL PEOPLE will get a chuckle out of this ]

slimy weasel that is now head of the SC Democratic Party. He was a punk then, too.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2016, 9:12 AM

if you voted at Ebinport Elem in Rock Hill in 1968 you have to know my father, Danny Rhodes?!?!

Holy Mackerel! Danny was a close friend. Great to see you

Feb 28, 2016, 11:48 AM

participating on TigerNet.

I continue to vote at that same precinct, and am betting

Feb 28, 2016, 9:20 AM

that our votes will cancel each others out!! Ha!!

Feb 28, 2016, 12:51 PM

I remember my paternal grandparents talking after returning from voting. Evidently they didn't talk much politics. When my GF asked my GM who she voted for she was reluctant to respond. My GF mumbled something about wasted trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Because you went to college and are a liberal?

Feb 28, 2016, 4:40 PM

Please, come to my house and take my money.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Okay, so if you had still been at Clemson on 11/16/1970,

Feb 28, 2016, 4:42 PM

would you have joined me in booing Hanoi Jane at the Amphitheater?

Re: Okay, so if you had still been at Clemson on 11/16/1970,

Mar 1, 2016, 5:40 PM

Just booing? Couldn't you find a rotten tomato, a rock, a bottle... heck, maybe even a tomahawk... wish I could get within 10 feet of her. The fine, jail time and criminal record would be a badge of honor!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic