Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 109
| visibility 1

Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem

Oct 15, 2018, 5:59 PM

To our slow starts? He even mentions ETN dropping screen passes. Ok so stop throwing it to him and feed him the ball between the tackles!!! Is it really that hard Tony? How can a bunch of Joe’s see this but a coach getting paid what he makes can’t? Big concern and all the more reason I’ve been saying our season comes down to pass protection and Lawrence’s progression. When we make the playoff he will not establish the run no matter how good we run it. He will come out with screens and deep passes with our mediocre pass protection causing 3 and outs. Then he will finally give ETN the ball and he will have good runs. Then he will go right back to throwing because he’s a pass happy coordinator. It’s a good thing we had DW4 and now TL to make Elliot look better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expert has spoke ^^^ who do you coach for?***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: expert has spoke ^^^ who do you coach for?***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:04 PM

I coach from my couch but my couch play calling would have ETN about 30 more carries and 276 more yards. Elliot is always behind. Come out and run the freaking ball dude. Make them stop it

30 carries a game for ETN - really. Is this you Kirby?***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 30 carries a game for ETN - really. Is this you Kirby?***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:18 PM

That’s funny. But I meant 30 total so 5 a game. With those 5 preferably being in the first possession so we can get that fast start that he can’t seem to figure out

sooo.....ETN only gets 5 carries a game - gotcha

Oct 15, 2018, 6:25 PM

and all on the first two drives. that should work

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sooo.....ETN only gets 5 carries a game - gotcha

Oct 15, 2018, 7:25 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time comprehending. He would not get the ball 5 times a game. He would get it 5 times a game more than he does now which is 14. He's averaging 9.2 ypc. 5 more carries a game would be an exra 46 ypg and with 6 games that 276 yards which is what i put in my first post. Is that good enough for you?

just run him 11 more times a game and that is an extra

Oct 15, 2018, 7:31 PM

100 yards a game instead of an extra 45. Duh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just run him 11 more times a game and that is an extra

Oct 15, 2018, 7:34 PM

I sense sarcasm, but we don't want to use him that much when we have 9 games left to play and 3 other great running backs. Use all of them. Goal. 100 yards rushing for at least 3 of the 4 a game. As long as he sticks with it when playoff comes. If he's just going to throw in big games like he usually does then i guess lets just air it out and get Lawrence ready right? smh

Oct 15, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: sooo.....ETN only gets 5 carries a game - gotcha ]

I wonder if the early passing game has anything to do with the run game opening up in the latter part of regulation? I could have sworn I read something about that earlier.

Oct 15, 2018, 8:04 PM

If someone said that they are dumb as a brick. We haven't had an early passing game. We haven't had an early anything.....

Oct 15, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: sooo.....ETN only gets 5 carries a game - gotcha ]

No one is having a hard time comprehending, you are doing a poor job of communicating your opinion .
You do realize that if you only run and they stack the box that not even ETN will be able to run.
It is the passing game that is opening up the running game. BTW it is much better now that TLaw is full time QB.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:15 AM

Which is what I have said if the boxes loaded then throw the quick wide receiver screen. Don’t throw downfield early in the game because our offensive line comes out soft and slow every game. They don’t have to run the ball up the middle if the box is loaded but the box hasn’t been loaded to start some games and he still throws. Also quit calling running back screens so early. It’s not even set up because you haven’t run anything yet. It’s a wasted play early in games. It’s very easy to understand what I’m saying I don’t know how you people can’t understand words right in front of you

Oct 16, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: sooo.....ETN only gets 5 carries a game - gotcha ]

So we agree

Re: expert has spoke ^^^ who do you coach for?***

Oct 16, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to expert has spoke ^^^ who do you coach for?*** ]

Well said TigerCook! We are ranked # 3 undefeated played for the NC 2 out of last 3 years, in playoffs 3 consecutive years. Recruiting is at its best and some fans have to complain because our OC makes an occasional mistake.

We are also the only team to ever give Urban Meyer his 1 and only shut in his coaching career.

What many fans don’t realize is that the failure of a play is many times a players fault because of a missed assignment. That is not always the OC’s fault.

I have accepted the fact that no matter how successful we are some fans are going to complain about something.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem

Oct 15, 2018, 6:02 PM

Coot

Oct 15, 2018, 6:05 PM

Easy to see where that pulse comes from! My guess, a coot in hiding. No clemson fan would post something as ridiculous as that.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:12 PM

Funny. So if we come out running the ball up the middle vs state (highly unlikely) and take it straight down the field for a touchdown am I still a coot or am I just right? Just look at the playcalling against wake forest to start the game Elliot wanted to do anything but establish the run up the middle. It took three possessions to finally do it first play touchdown

Coot

Oct 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

That’s Weaker than Elliot’s scripted plays

Oct 15, 2018, 6:27 PM

Going 3 and out a few times just sets the D up for a big play. Don't you football??

Oct 15, 2018, 7:34 PM

Great post

Oct 15, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

How did you do this weekend? I had 5 promising cards but missed on 1 game on each. So close

Oct 15, 2018, 8:50 PM

Not good. Had Iowa and A&M then Wisc screwed my 3 game parlay. Had VT, Miami, and UCF on another lmao. My chargers came thru tho which helped a little. Better luck this weekend tho I hope.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:17 AM

I had uva with the points on 1 card but Wisconsin killed me too. I really thought they were a lock. First time I bet against Michigan in a big game and that’s when Harbaugh decides to have his team show up

Oct 16, 2018, 8:30 AM

They did play good but dang Hornibrook was just sad.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

On many occasions in a football game the coaches will call the plays based on the defensive formations that they are seeing! Coach.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

Yes so go back and watch the beginning of the wf game and tell me we could not hace run the ball up the middle from the start......coach

Oct 15, 2018, 6:20 PM

I was at that game sitting on the fifty line. Were you? I rather enjoyed the way the Tigers established control of that game.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:19 AM

Oh i enjoyed it too from my couch. I wasn't there. You being there doesn't make you any smarter when it comes to football. I thoroughly enjoyed the way we took control of that game but the problem at hand is not how we play throughout the game. It's about the slow starts by the offense. I go back to my point that the slow starts have to do with Elliot's play calling and the o-line coming out soft. Bottom line

Elliott Alone the problem Spruce?

Oct 15, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Why do you single out Elliott as the sole reason for not wanting to run the football? He is in the booth but they have said, "if Scott thinks a play will work they discuss it"! He is not the sole play caller!
The two of them are a solid National Championship and Ohio State ( blue bloods ) winning coordinators. They know what they are doing. Let's give them a chance!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliott Alone the problem Spruce?

Oct 15, 2018, 7:40 PM

Good point. If jeff scott has something to do with it then throw his name in there with everything i'm saying too. They are both gold at position coaches. Our running backs and wide receivers have been great for years now so having both of them on staff has been a key to our national championship program. The only problem is the play calling. It has been for a while now. DW4 masked it and hopefully TL will too

Oct 15, 2018, 6:04 PM

they are looking for coaches all over america...this cat needs to be applying he is way too smart....LOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 6:05 PM

It's hard to disagree with this.

Thank u. People can call names but it’s true

Tell em,

Oct 15, 2018, 6:14 PM

coot!

Oct 15, 2018, 6:10 PM

I don’t get why it’s hard for people to understand a large portion of the offense is RPO’s. Those screens at the beginning of games have an option for a run and the qb goes with what the numbers dictate. The offense is essentially looking at the numbers in the box and calling what the defense gives. People can hate the offense but it is what it is

Because a lot of people who post on this board are woefully

Oct 15, 2018, 6:13 PM

ignorant, amd unfortunately, unaware of it.

Re: Because a lot of people who post on this board are woefully

Oct 15, 2018, 6:15 PM

no what’s ignorant and more so stubborn is to not run the football from the start when you’re running backs are averaging 10 yards a carry. Establish that run early and off the run Lawrence will shred them. Football 101

Oct 15, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Which I’m fine with the quick wide receiver screen if the box is loaded but don’t do it with ETN anymore if he can’t catch it. The only successful running back screen we’ve had this year was chase Brice to LynJ last week

Oct 15, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

And one to ETN vs A&M

Oct 15, 2018, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Thanks. Some fans can’t see the game for all the players in their view.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:20 PM

I’ve defended our screen game since it became a hot topic on here except the running back screens to ETN if he can’t catch it enough

Oct 15, 2018, 6:24 PM

I have a strange feeling that there is a reason why the coaches call screens and other plays. On occasion, you can run a play, al la screen, and see how the opponents adjust and that you make a call later in the game.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:33 PM

This is common knowledge . Mostly wide screens are used to view defensive tendencies and/or set the table for more vertical passing and middle runs .
Anyone with an ounce of football experience understands this .
Don't feed the troll .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 15, 2018, 7:42 PM

THIS IS MY ENTIRE POINT TIGERDUG23. Everything you just said is all over my post history. So if i'm a troll then you are too i suppose since we think alike

Oct 15, 2018, 7:44 PM

well your histroy is all of a month??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 7:53 PM

Yes. The conversations about our "screen game" became a hot topic within the last month so it doesn't matter how long. The topics are there and i have defended the quick WR screen game countless times. The RB screen doesn't seem to be efficient so call that play AFTER we get a big lead from RUNNING THE BALL. Practice it up 4/5 scores. Don't ###### it on the first drive if it's been inefficient for you.....

Oct 15, 2018, 7:54 PM

I typed ######. Don't know what happened there

Oct 15, 2018, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

your post history of less than 1 month. god luck with that coot.

large number of people

Oct 15, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

make very bold statements with about 0.5% of the information needed to make an intelligent statement.

"I watched the game on TV and I am sure Dabo and crew don't know anything about football, just saying'"

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: large number of people

Oct 15, 2018, 7:43 PM

Who said anything about Dabo?

I've met Coach Elliott a few times, when he was recruiting

Oct 15, 2018, 6:16 PM

my students, so I believe that our close friendship would lead him to trust me when I forward your brilliant advice to him. He'll probably want to know where I got it from. What university office in Columbia did you say you worked?

Re: I've met Coach Elliott a few times, when he was recruiting

Oct 15, 2018, 6:21 PM

I appreciate the reference

I'm here for you, brother.***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:26 PM

Going back to When Chad Morris was here.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:32 PM

They (Elliott and Scott) were responsible for game planning! The plays you practice the most during the week are deemed the plays "most likely to work based on favorable matchups and formations the defense likes to run"!
So, them running certain plays was dictated during the week. Now whether or not it was blocked well or not: "the coach calling the plays has nothing to do with"! I know on some of the screens if you go back and look; the WR's were not blocking nearly well enough. Be better to have less talented but better blocking WR's in the game if some of our WR's have not gotten the finer details about blocking down yet. Or just keep running it and hope they get better based on reps. H.S. to the pros run the screen and it always looks bad when the blocking on the perimeter is not good.
Got to hold everyone involved with bad offense not just one. Clemson is a TEAM!

Go Tigers!

Re: Going back to When Chad Morris was here.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:27 PM

Yes! How many times have the coaches said our guys need to do a better job with the little things.

Re: I've met Coach Elliott a few times, when he was recruiting

Oct 15, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to I've met Coach Elliott a few times, when he was recruiting ]

Who's scok is this ?
I've been thinking on it for a minute ... but having only been a member for a little over 7 years I may not go far enough back to have the necessary experience to out this obvious troll .
Anyway , with any great team the detractors are many .

DB23

Oct 15, 2018, 6:28 PM

When and where did you coach college football? Everyone thinks he is an expert.
While I don't always agree with play calling, I will leave it to those who are coaching
their butts off each and every day to make the decisions.

Oct 15, 2018, 6:35 PM

While I tend to agree with this point of view during the wake game I was screaming run it between the tackles. When we finally did it we score a td. Now I know a lot of the play calls are to see what the D will do and spread them out but I just believe you should run it up the middle and see if a team can stop you before trying to spread them out.

I don't mind the screen passes so much

Oct 15, 2018, 6:36 PM

What I do mind is after a few screen passes not coming back with the TE down the seam.

I enjoy the fact a 60 point win

Oct 15, 2018, 7:35 PM

Can be the focus of criticism, rather than deal with the dumpster fire of conversations the Scoks are having among themselves. Granted, I don't find the discussion especially entertaining, but it does underscore that someone, somewhere, has it worse than Clemson does! Carry on...or read the Tugboat Captain's explanation...he said it correctly...and I approve his message.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I enjoy the fact a 60 point win

Oct 15, 2018, 7:47 PM

Context matters salty. This is not about a 60 point win. It is about slow starts in our games. That's it. It's very easy to understand. Maybe we should've scored 77 instead of 63.....
BEST IS THE STANDARD

The reality is

Oct 15, 2018, 9:34 PM

The worst enemy of better is best! People can't grasp best...it's pie in the sky. Better, very measurable...throughout the day, or to the prior day. Best is a cap...and I don't believe in caps.

Re: The reality is

Oct 16, 2018, 8:21 AM

You’re on acid

Got'em!***

Oct 16, 2018, 9:02 AM

Re: The reality is

Oct 16, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: The reality is ]

You are the classy one, aren't you?

Oct 15, 2018, 7:42 PM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Oct 15, 2018, 7:48 PM

You already? I'll deal with you when baseball season starts. Go back in your hole

Oct 15, 2018, 7:51 PM

how many times you been banned diamond knowledge.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:55 PM

Not enough

Oct 16, 2018, 9:25 AM

Sounds like you're mocking B-Meist® and Crump®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

I'll talk to you again when our "regional host runners ups" take the field in Feb.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:47 AM

hopefully you will be banned again by then

Oct 15, 2018, 7:59 PM

For what? I'm following board rules. My opinion may not be popular on here but it's the right opinion

Evading a ban is probably against the rules***

Oct 16, 2018, 9:03 AM

Wrong.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Personal attacks are not allowed.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Deer-Tony-Elliott-24268619

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 16, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Who says it’s the right opinion besides you???? ????

Oct 15, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

Let him have some fun. Banning people is an attack against free speech. #### hermits.

Oct 15, 2018, 8:06 PM

I feel like you just called me a liberal. How dare you

Oct 15, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

If anyone should be banned it’s you.
You really let this stuff bother you don’t you old man?
You can’t wait to read a thread you disagree with then like clockwork you post the same stupid crap over and over.

Oct 16, 2018, 10:01 AM

Don’t forget the CAPS!!

Oct 15, 2018, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

.... and there it is .

DiamondCoot !

DB23

Oct 16, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

I agree. Sometimes there just aren’t enough Ban Hammers.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:57 PM

Are you a #### tree?

Oct 15, 2018, 7:58 PM

I'd like to see you sitting on the couch on the sidelines coaching. Would be hilarious. Lol.

Oct 15, 2018, 8:02 PM

Sign me up!!! I don't need to be up top like Tony to call bad plays to start the football game. I could call a good game from anywhere. Hindsight isn't 20/20 for me. I was on Elliot from the start of WF about running up the middle. Second time he tried it ETN went forever. First ETN run went off tackle

Oct 15, 2018, 8:04 PM

I would not doubt it. With your fresh eyes and mind it would be an instant improvement over elliot.

Oct 15, 2018, 8:08 PM

Oh no doubt about it

Oct 15, 2018, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Elliot is a concern. How can u not see the problem ]

please do not feed the monkey

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better Yet - Click the Blue Triangle with the ! next to the

Oct 15, 2018, 8:14 PM

TITLE

null

Run along, now.***

Oct 15, 2018, 7:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 8:02 PM

Oct 15, 2018, 8:53 PM

I like the one on the top bunk

Oct 15, 2018, 8:09 PM

Just wondering how many games you played in and coached?

I can't see the problem because

Oct 15, 2018, 8:11 PM

the most recent Broyles Award for the top assistant in the country is in the way!

null

Re: I can't see the problem because

Oct 15, 2018, 8:51 PM

Probably rewarded by the same people who vote for Heisman so there’s that. Could be wrong though I don’t know who votes for all those awards

Brent Venables won the award the year before.

Oct 15, 2018, 9:29 PM

Your lack of football knowledge is showing.

Maybe you should go back to baseball.

null

Deshaun Watson will do that for any coach.***

Oct 15, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to I can't see the problem because ]

I think we can all agree that 2017 was Watson’s best season

Oct 15, 2018, 9:52 PM

at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Deshaun Watson will do that for any coach.***

Oct 16, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Deshaun Watson will do that for any coach.*** ]

But he didn’t do it for any coach. He did it for Tony Elliot. As soon as we lost him all of a sudden people were able to notice how awful the play calling was. People with a clue anyways. How many times last year did we run the ball to get around midfield and then take a shot? Incomplete pass. Run for a few yards. KB screen. Punt

You're right.***

Oct 15, 2018, 9:15 PM

Have we all learned

Oct 15, 2018, 9:39 PM

That you just can’t “match wits” with some tnetters???

lol.***

Oct 15, 2018, 9:38 PM

Elliot or Scott?

Oct 15, 2018, 11:11 PM

Elliot does not call pass plays. So those passes to ET may be called by Scott.

Elliot will comment on drops because he coaches RBs.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:38 PM

Spruce, you are embarrassing yourself as it is extremely obvious that you simply do not understand the game of football. Please study the game for a few years (maybe 20-30) and come back and tell us what Tony should do. Bless your heart.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oct 16, 2018, 9:12 AM

You are right on OL, but most Coot trolls do not understand football and 20 - 30 years will not help.

I am going to tell you like a mentor once told me

Oct 16, 2018, 10:14 AM

You make excellent points; however, your presentation is all wrong.

I think the tone of your post is going to kill the message.***

Oct 16, 2018, 12:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem? What problem?***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:13 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 109
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic