Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Drad really blew it when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,251

Well Drad really blew it when

Jun 10, 2017, 1:16 PM

he did not take my recommendation to pursue replacing Brad Brownell at the end of this past basketball season with Chris Holtmann from Butler - All you chatmasters who criticized me at that time saying Holtmann would never leave Butler for anywhere else let alone Clemson have been proven wrong - Great move for Ohio State to get him yesterday as their new coach - look for Ohio State to now compete amongst the top ten each year if not the National Championship - all Holtzmann does is recruit, teach, develop, and coach with the best each year - another great opportunity missed by our AD.......No Guts, No Gain!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Drad really blew it when

Jun 10, 2017, 1:26 PM

Ohio state has made the tournament like 10 of the last 15 year or so. They've also played in 2 final fours. Different situation, but yes I agree we could certainly be more aggressive and shoot for guys like that.

tell em coot.***

Jun 10, 2017, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: tell em coot.***

Jun 10, 2017, 2:50 PM

Francis, shut your dang mouth ya inbreed coot. Haha

You just made your second mistake.***

Jun 10, 2017, 5:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 10, 2017, 2:00 PM

That is true but just bc he did good at butler doesn't mean it translate to Ohio st. Yea he's a great coach but you never know when they get to big boy conferences. Look at Shaka Smart he was the same way at Wichita St but hasn't translated success to Texas. It's easier When you recruit good against lower competition. Not saying he will not do good at Ohio St but when you go to a bigger conference with more competition it's harder.

VCU

Jun 10, 2017, 2:12 PM

Jun 10, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Drad really blew it when ]

Wait wut

Because of an unbelievably stupid decision by DRad...

Jun 10, 2017, 2:39 PM

Clemson was married to and pregnant by Brownell...for at least one more season anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Because of an unbelievably stupid decision by DRad...

Jun 10, 2017, 2:45 PM

I'd love to know why he stuck with him. Also dumping Winecki is interesting up to this year I thought he was their best assistant

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on the contract DRad gave Brownell...

Jun 10, 2017, 4:10 PM

he couldn't fire him without looking like an incompetent buffoon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on the contract DRad gave Brownell...

Jun 10, 2017, 5:40 PM

On the other hand based on Brownell's record, he also couldn't keep him without looking like an incompetent buffoon.
So maybe DRad actually is ....... ????

That's been my thinking all along as well.***

Jun 10, 2017, 6:15 PM

Ohio State's basketball program isn't comparable to Clemson

Jun 10, 2017, 3:27 PM

It's wayyyy better.

Jun 10, 2017, 6:30 PM

The first part of your post is true. Clemson needs a change. Ohio State is a much better job than us though. 100+ years of basketball has proven that we have to be different to succeed so we should have bought Will Wade.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic