Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Forever Fall: Yes, Clemson is a football school, and that's a beautiful thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Forever Fall: Yes, Clemson is a football school, and that's a beautiful thing

Apr 25, 2017, 7:01 AM

Forever Fall: Yes, Clemson is a football school, and that's a beautiful thing

Forever fall. A conversation with some from, let’s just say a person who follows a school that is also within the confines of the Palmetto St., started with that person telling me that, “Clemson is a football school.” That's a good thing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Forever Fall: Yes, Clemson is a football school, and that's a beautiful thing

Apr 25, 2017, 7:15 AM

Touche, David..... Touche! Well done!

Well Done!!!

Apr 25, 2017, 7:22 AM

You had me imagining the sights, sounds, and smells as I read.

You also took some nice tactical shots at the dumpster fire to the southeast.

Awesome as always.

Thanks.

Re: Well Done!!!

Apr 25, 2017, 8:08 AM

+1. Love the jabs of "if you play on a campus "...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Done!!!

Apr 25, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Well Done!!! ]

Ditto awesome. Some of the best memories in life are the sights, sounds, smells, thrills, and happiness during tailgatin time, and then the game experiences multI plied everything. One can believe DH had been there, done that, but is able to set down his tribute to college football in such eloquent, come to life prose.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Forever Fall: Yes, Clemson is a football school, and that's a beautiful thing

Apr 25, 2017, 7:33 AM

There are only two types of schools in the south. Football Schools and those that wish they were football schools. The ones that wish they had a good football program tend to envy those that do. Jealousy drives most of the hate in this country.

Apr 25, 2017, 7:38 AM

Whatever we do, do NOT tell Gregg Doyel that CLEMSON is a football school.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-21569.html

Apr 25, 2017, 8:06 AM

This was 2002. Wonder what he's saying now. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2017, 9:52 AM

Dated material. Saying now? Probably reversed his position cause the ACC has made believes of many. Some diehards never give up, especially to our southeast.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jealousy

Apr 25, 2017, 8:07 AM

Jealousy is a sad and terrible thing. It is one of the "Top 10" listed in the bible, "Thou shall not covet", but some surely do covet our success. One school in our state is so covetous, they are driven to hatred, and it is all consuming for them. Maybe, they need to pray about it and stop pretending they belong in the big league conversations (unless it is women's swimming, or horseback riding). They seem to have tried most everything else, but nothing has worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2017, 8:35 AM

:)

"being on the campus (if your games are on your campus).."

Apr 25, 2017, 8:39 AM

excellent work here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Great read! I'll make one extra point.........

Apr 25, 2017, 8:42 AM

4th from last paragraph - you missed sun dresses.

One of the best scenes of Summer closing and welcoming fall.

I am an admitted weakling. Sun dresses have power over me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great read! I'll make one extra point.........

Apr 25, 2017, 9:43 AM

They do add to the pageantry and fall beauty. Certainly help 'shake the southland '! ;)

Apr 25, 2017, 8:56 AM

And the town drunk from Blazzin' Saddles yells "raeree!"

Apr 25, 2017, 9:37 AM

It is this attitude that frustrates me about some Clemson fans. And writers.
Football is first with me. But basketball is near and dear as well as demonstrated by my substantial capital gift to the help build the new Littlejohn. D Rad compares it to the impact that the West Zone project had on the football program.
I read the literal caveats in this story but the tone clearly states that as long as we win in football, nothing else really matters much. Or put another way, a culture of repeated failure in basketball can be rationalized away but success in football. We have had some coaches come through here who showed us how much winning at basketball and competing in the ACC can be. Numerous schools where football is king have found it important to win at a high level in basketball as well. Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida, FSU, Miami, Va Tech, Stanford and Alabama just to name a few. Yes, Alabama had the number one recruiting class in basketball last year. Winning is contagious and can lead to more winning.
So, as long as we are willing to write off the other sports, we will continue to be a one trick pony. Or tiger.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2017, 9:43 AM

That last paragraph is epic! LMAO!!!!!!!

No He DIDN'T

Apr 25, 2017, 9:51 AM

HAHA.....the last lines are my favorite. Shots fired. Love it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course coots will frame "football school"

Apr 25, 2017, 9:54 AM

as a bad thing. They've never had any success at football and never will. They're a women's basketball school now and proud of it.

They're the UCONN of the south and we are so blessed to have them as a rival.

They would gladly trade...

Apr 25, 2017, 10:47 AM

every championship they've ever won just for an opportunity to play for one in football and any $CU fan who says otherwise, is either stupid, lying or both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clemson is NOT a football school.. SCAR..Bama are football schools

Apr 25, 2017, 9:55 AM

So many interpretations of that statement.."clemson is a football school."

I would argue that Scar, Bama , and most of the SEC are Football schools. Do whatever it takes to win games. Skirt, bend, and if you have to break the rules. Turn the blind eye, be the savior.. do whatever....every one else is doing it.

CLEMSON IS AN INTEGRITY SCHOOL
Winter, Spring, summer, and fall.

Ps.
I get the point you were trying to make. Just offering another interpretation of the statement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oh snap, dis crazy***

Apr 25, 2017, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's easy to say that when...

Apr 25, 2017, 11:25 AM

You've won only two conference titles in football and one of them isn't even recognized by the school nor the conference that school was in at the time and the closest you've come is one division title in a conference where your division is so weak that the the most recent school to join has won more division titles than you in a shorter time. Your "glory years" included a 10-2 season in 1984 and three seasons in the 2010s where you won 11 games each of those years. Just about everybody in your conference has a winning record over you. Your about around .500 overall for your history. And it would take you 30 straight years to just get ahead of your arch-rival on whom you are so focused I highly doubt you have a plan to become nationally relevant.

Please being a basketball school. That baseball school identity has pretty much passed.

Re: It's easy to say that when...

Apr 25, 2017, 1:08 PM

"and three seasons in the 2010s where you won 11 games each of those years"
....you forgot "and ended it on a 3 year probation for $56,000 worth of impermissable benefit violations"

It's easy to say that when...

Apr 25, 2017, 11:25 AM

You've won only two conference titles in football and one of them isn't even recognized by the school nor the conference that school was in at the time and the closest you've come is one division title in a conference where your division is so weak that the the most recent school to join has won more division titles than you in a shorter time. Your "glory years" included a 10-2 season in 1984 and three seasons in the 2010s where you won 11 games each of those years. Just about everybody in your conference has a winning record over you. Your about around .500 overall for your history. And it would take you 30 straight years to just get ahead of your arch-rival on whom you are so focused I highly doubt you have a plan to become nationally relevant.

Please being a basketball school. That baseball school identity has pretty much passed.

Apr 25, 2017, 12:18 PM

Yes! But
- I love all things Clemson
- I love sports
- I love the 1970 football team (attended home games)
- I love the 1967-8 basketall team (attended home games)
- I love the 2015 Baseball team
- I love adding Softball
- I love soccer ( Ibe was one of our greatest coaches, plus I loved tne Red Catpet Lounge)
- I love our Golf history
- love our hard Rowing teams, they are the best thing on the lake.
- I wish we had a Lacrosse team

'Cause, the more Clemson sports, the more Clemson love.

Apr 25, 2017, 12:45 PM

Clemson is a great school and I'm a life long Clemson fan, but tuition has gotten too dang high. It's triple what it was when I went to school from 1995 to 2000. I'd love for my nephew to go there but it's just too dang expensive.

Blame the coot political system that runs south carolina

Apr 25, 2017, 12:59 PM

They have been pushing clemson to go private for years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

And all God's people said, Amen!***

Apr 25, 2017, 1:36 PM

Apr 25, 2017, 7:56 PM

Still chaps my hide they won the fishing natty.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2017, 10:40 PM

Yep, just finished watching the championship game, again. Nothing beats football- America's national game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic