Topic: Weird that in 2019 - CU vs FSU
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 11, 2019 7:35 AM by: Purpletgr®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Weird that in 2019 - CU vs FSU

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 10:41 PM

is not even really a thing anymore.

Who knows - it might be a good game, but nobody around the country barely even gives it a mention.

Times certainly have changed.

I hope for our sake we whip the Noles by 35+. Love to see us absolutely crush 'em.

2019 orange level member

Re: Weird that in 2019 - CU vs FSU

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 10:50 PM

FSU has been in a downward spiral ever since the opening game of 2017, when their QB got injured against Alabama.

Jimbo handed the next guy a mess, from an outsider's perspective. The new guy seems to not be doing so well.

Outside of Clemson, there aren't any good perennial programs that are doing well right now: Miami, FSU, VT are all down. Louisville has been down, and they've never exactly been a powerhouse even when they were good.

Maybe UVA is the best of the rest right now. And if you play them in Charlotte, I think you crush them if you bring your A-game. Wake Forest is doing well, but who have they beaten?

I'm thinking more like 31-20, Clemson...

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:06 PM

This overconfidence is like a virus that can infect the whole team. I hope the team comes into this game feeling disrespected and underdogs.

I think the convicts will bring their best game of the season on Saturday.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:13 PM

College football is a regional sport, no matter how much ESPN tries to make games of national interest, they still only draw regional viewers. The two big games this weekend OU/Texas & UF/LSU will both draw regional viewership.

Yep. Just a few years ago

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:13 PM

people were talking about how Clemson vs FSU was going to be the new Alabama/LSU yearly divisional matchup in terms of national relevance

Re: Yep. Just a few years ago

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:39 PM

Kinda strange about Bama/LSU.

LSU hasn't beaten Bama since that 9-6 game in 2011. Bama has beat them 8 times in a row, including getting payback in the MNC game in 2011.

At least Clemson/FSU has had some back and forth. It's hard to be a rivalry if only one team wins.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:18 PM

Still a thing to me. I remember Ole Snake Oil Booby. We owe them many more blowouts. No mercy. Not ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Never forget the 90's...and 2000's***

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 11:36 PM

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 7:04 AM

It stopped being a thing when Jimbo left. Willie, IMO, might turn things around in a couple of years, but it's probably going to take a stronger guy with connections to recruiting in this region to make it a game again.
We win, but probably not by 35.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Jimbo made the mess.....not Taggert.

My guess is that Texas A&M will eventually rue the day they got into bed with that overrated character.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Wake Forest game. Venmo, ApplePay, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal f...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1068 people have read this post