Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are going to be in the tourney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

We are going to be in the tourney

Mar 15, 2019, 11:25 AM

Top 30 BPI, KenPom, and Saragin.
We have a better conference record than most of the bubble teams.
Lipscomb beat TCU and we beat Lipscomb
Florida went 1-3 against USC, UGA, and RAY
We went 2-2
Belmont beat Lipscomb by 2 and 4 we beat them by double digits.
OSU has a better record against common opponents so they will be in over us imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are going to be in the tourney

Mar 15, 2019, 11:27 AM

And then you woke up

We won’t be here for your pity party

Mar 15, 2019, 11:29 AM

When we’re left out Sunday night

Re: We won’t be here for your pity party

Mar 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

I won't be too upset. We had chances to earn it and didn't but look at the numbers. What bubble teams do you think should be in over us and why?

Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

Honestly I have no idea. I think there’s just a huge mess of bubble teams that all have arguments over one another and I really don’t know what the committee is going to put value on and what they’re not.

All I know is we had several chances to win our way into the field and didn’t take advantage so I’m not getting my hopes up.

If we do sneak in I will be happy and think the way the team is set up we could beat just about anyone or lose to just about anyone.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

The big problem is the ACC is very top heavy this year. It’s usually 2-3 elite teams and 8-9 really good teams. This season it’s 3 elite teams , 2 really good teams and the rest bad to AVG.
They will not take 9 ACC teams this season, with what 4-5 really bad teams in the league.
We had 1 Q1 win this season and that’s not enough.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:51 AM

I agree we should have more quad 1 wins but that is not the only factor. We are better than almost any other bubble team in conference record, quad 3 and 4 Ls, BPI, NET, Saragin, and Kenpom. All of those are factors.

Mar 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

Yes but our conference record is better because we beat Pittx2, GTX2, WF, BC, ND. That's 7 wins vs teams going nowhere. Syracuse and VT are the only good wins.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: We won’t be here for your pity party ]

I agree we should have more quad 1 wins but that is not the only factor. We are better than almost any other bubble team in conference record, quad 3 and 4 Ls, BPI, NET, Saragin, and Kenpom. All of those are factors.

Mar 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

FSU not RAY lol

1-9 against tier 1 teams will be downfall***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1-9 against tier 1 teams will be downfall***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:32 PM

1-10 now lol so could be for sure. Hopefully NET and computer rankings mean more to the committee.

I'd be shocked if we make it***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is that? Have you seen the rankings?

Mar 15, 2019, 12:50 PM

We are in great shape if you consider:

-Our NET ranking
-Our KenPom ranking
-Our overall and conference records
-Our record over the last 12 games of the season

If the committee values overall body of work and consistency, we're in no problem. However, if all they care about are a couple of marquee wins, and prioritize that over bad losses and overall/conference record, then we won't be in.

All we've heard is how important the NET is. Metrics like that are likely to take precedence over a team having a big win in December.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why is that? Have you seen the rankings?

Mar 15, 2019, 12:53 PM

We will surely find our if NET ranking means anything at all. Would be nice if we had a couple more quad 1 wins but I think the committee will see how close we were to have 4 or 5. If we are left out tho conference record and computer rankings mean nothing. It is all about quad 1 wins.

Re: Why is that? Have you seen the rankings?

Mar 15, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Why is that? Have you seen the rankings? ]

Thanks Brad

Mar 15, 2019, 1:41 PM

The way things have played out, there's at least a chance.

NC State gets in over us handily. I think Florida probably does too.

We'll be hanging around that TCU/Temple/Belmont/UNCG/Saint John's bubble. TCU and StJ getting wrecked in conference tourneys certainly helped. I think we all need to be Wheat Shockers fans tonight, because a Temple loss may open another potential at large spot up. I tend to think that Alabama will be slightly favored over us though, because of the win over Kentucky. It's a weak bubble, sure, but we're a weak team.

At the end of the day, the simple fact is we're 1-10 against Quad1 and have demonstrated an almost otherworldly ability to never win close games. Like it or not, the committee will consider that. It isn't just going to be "man, check out that KenPom ranking let's slot them in!"

Well, Florida just beat LSU AGAIN, definitely in over us!!***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Florida just beat LSU AGAIN, definitely in over us!!***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:13 PM

Florida locking down a spot, and VCU getting bumped to at-large is all she wrote on our tournament chances, I think. We're one of 8 teams fighting for essentially two spots at this point. There's a chance, but it's a scant one.

Mar 15, 2019, 4:44 PM

Florida was already in. VCU doesn't hurt us unless Davidson doesn't win the A-10. They are both locks most likely just don't need Davidson to lose. Florida and NCST are in so 6 sports open for the bubble teams imo. Seton Hall probably is in so maybe only 5.

Mar 15, 2019, 5:32 PM

Davidson was not in and the win cost someone lost an at large

Mar 15, 2019, 10:25 PM

Well heck lol. I will be okay with us not getting in but not if TCU or Texas does. I would understand most of the others. We did need some better wins but our metrics are still good so I believe we have a chance.

Mar 15, 2019, 3:44 PM

I think we are out now sadly.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic