Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell is so clueless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Brownell is so clueless

Feb 9, 2020, 7:54 PM

Change my mind.

I despise this guy...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell is so clueless

Feb 9, 2020, 7:55 PM

Yea down 5 with 40 seconds. Let's just run the shot clock down all the way and throw up a bad 3. Great plan coach.

Feb 9, 2020, 7:57 PM

This

That was one of the worst end of game

Feb 9, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is so clueless ]

Re: That was one of the worst end of game

Feb 9, 2020, 7:58 PM

Have you seen him coach before? This ain’t the first time.

Re: That was one of the worst end of game

Feb 9, 2020, 8:55 PM [ in reply to That was one of the worst end of game ]

You shouldn't even have to be screaming this from the side lines. This is situation basketball that should be practiced.

Feb 9, 2020, 7:56 PM

he can even give our best player the flu. you are a clueless slug

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 7:57 PM

You’re an idiot

Feb 9, 2020, 8:03 PM

Brad doesn't really care what you think about him.

Feb 9, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is so clueless ]

I have not looked it up but over the last 3 or 4 years I bet you that in games decided by 5 points or less that we win less than 40% of them.

Feb 9, 2020, 9:15 PM

Close

20-29 (.408) since 2016-17 in losses of 5 points or less

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 9:24 PM

Well that is better than I would have expected. Akron, Ohio, St Peters, GT, BC, WF, and Nebraska make up a good portion of those Ws. Ofcourse we have had some nice Ws in there as well tho.

We won a couple close ones this year, but last year, I saw

Feb 9, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is so clueless ]

stat that in the last three years, we were something like 3-18 in games decided by five or less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We won a couple close ones this year, but last year, I saw

Feb 10, 2020, 12:28 PM

Brownell - Losses by 5 or less
2010-11: 2-6
2011-12: 4-9
2012-13: 2-6
2013-14: 8-6*
2014-15: 5-7
2015-16: 3-5
2016-17: 4-9
2017-18: 6-5*
2018-19: 3-7
2019-20: 4-3*
———————
41-63 in games decided by 5 or less

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We won a couple close ones this year, but last year, I saw

Feb 10, 2020, 12:44 PM

Here’s Brownell - ACC Losses by 5 or Less

2010-11: 1-4
2011-12: 3-6
2012-13: 2-6
2013-14: 6-5
2014-15: 2-4
2015-16: 3-4
2016-17: 2-7
2017-18: 4-3
2018-19: 1-5
2019-20: 3-2
—————————————
Total: 27-46 in ACC games

Feb 24, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is so clueless ]

Five points at the end is kind of a meaningless stastic. How many have we cut into the lead or won being down 5 with two minutes left? How many have we loss being up five with two minutes left?

Feb 9, 2020, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is so clueless ]

Give it a rest! You have got to be the official on staff Clemson apologist! Brownell has had a decade. His teams cannot run an effective offense. There are multiple times where players are standing around. Cannot shoot free throws and oh yeah the last minute tonight! Please go away and take Brownie with you! We may not be a basketball power but to just settle for this is unacceptable!

Our players missed open 3s and make-able inside shots - then

Feb 9, 2020, 8:07 PM

compunded that with poor ball handling at end.

Defensively we executed well; offensively we got open looks but missed.

The coach recruited those players that missed.

Re: Our players missed open 3s and make-able inside shots - then

Feb 9, 2020, 8:21 PM

This! Brownell recruits these players. He always gets a pass when the players can’t shoot but he recruited these guys.

Can’t believe I gave you the first point for this post

Feb 9, 2020, 8:22 PM

How can anyone disagree??? The product Brownell has produced is freaking atrocious. At least we got to see some real minutes from Jemison tonight

Re: Can’t believe I gave you the first point for this post

Feb 9, 2020, 8:59 PM

You guys talk in circles. You have no idea how much you contradict yourselves but end up at the same conclusion: we lost because Brownell is inept.

Jemison played real minutes because Simms was out. He played hard, got 4 O-boards and scored a couple times...but he's not an offensive threat like Aamir Simms. But you think Jemison should play more on a team deficient in scoring. HC's fault.

We hit 8 of 9 but still can't hit free throws. HC's 'fault'.

Hemenway played awesome but gives you FR mistakes down the stretch. HC's fault.

This team is not deep. The lineup has limited versatility and no real size. We have multiple scoring options, but not enough, and Simms is the most irreplaceable player for our offense. (We see that any time he gets in foul trouble.) Yes, you can 'blame' our roster deficiencies on the HC, but a FR and Reserve-heavy team just held a hot team 20 points below their recent trend and had a chance to win.

Now we're on a 3-game losing streak when you thought we were gonna be a miracle team. Frustration is inevitable, but yall's collective heads in your collective @$$es are starting to look really stupid.

Don't bother telling me, I already know, from your vantage point I look stupid, too. I wonder why.

Re: Can’t believe I gave you the first point for this post

Feb 9, 2020, 9:10 PM

You make some great points. That doesn't change the fact that we rank 88th in 3PA but 292nd in 3 point %. We lose more than 60% of games decided by 5 points or less in the last 4 years. We look like we have no clue what to do in the final 2 minutes of a game unless one of our guys catches fire and makes guarded 3s late. We have players who are horrible at shooting 3s but instead of driving take the 3s anyways. We turn the ball over consistently. We have no inside game especially with Simms not playing. We settle for 3s instead of driving when we only have 1 or 2 decent 3 point shooters on the team. This is all the coaches fault. It does not help our team for him to have a great plan to get our guys open for 3 if the is not something we are good at. We have always played great d under BB. That is not the problem and nobody is saying it is. Tonight we played good and considering our leader was out I am not too dissapointed. I like BB but if our football or baseball coach were doing what he has done over the last 10 years they would have been gone by now imo.

Re: "Change my mind"

Feb 9, 2020, 9:12 PM

I'm not going to bother.

If it rains tomorrow, it's Brownell's fault.

If your cat misses the litter box, it's Brownell's fault.

If your boss sends you out of town, it's Brownell's fault.

If Notre Dame goes through a bad streak, but then their 20-year HC rights the ship, it's Brownell's fault .

If our most valuable offensive player gets the flu, it's Brownell's fault.

If you are a contributing supporter of the basketball program, I yield to your right to be superstitious. Sacrifice the coach to the basketball gods and assume that will make life better.
Money talks.

But if you're just an opinionated shlub like most of us, give it a rest.

Do you plan on doing this after every game, win or lose?

Feb 9, 2020, 9:19 PM

We’re 11-12 because Simms got the flu?

Re: "Change my mind

Feb 9, 2020, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: "Change my mind" ]

This is perhaps, your worst post ever. Please link any example of anyone blaming Brownell for anything other the direction and/or results of our basketball team. There are over 2 million reasons a year that Brownell should be accountable for the performance of this team. Your defense is hollow and meaningless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Feb 9, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: "Change my mind" ]

So you believe BB has done a great job being the head coach of Clemson basketball?

Feb 9, 2020, 11:27 PM

The title of the thread to which I responded was "change my mind".

I missed most of tonight's game, but when I tuned in it was right where I expected it to be since I knew Simms was out.

In order to find out more about the game, I came to T-net, and found out that I knew more from watching 5 minutes, reading a box score and listening to Brownell post-game, than the Brownell-bashers did from watching and hating for 40. Because they're always the same. Win or lose. It takes a 3-game winning streak to shut them up, and once ACC play starts, that ain't happening.

So, no, you wanna say you despise Brownell, and I should prove you wrong?

Why?

Why should any Clemson fan have to clean up another's spewdom?

As you said, these people are so predictable.

Feb 9, 2020, 11:33 PM

I knew before I logged onto TigerNet tonight that there would be the same people posting the same crap as usual.

They are so blinded by their hatred that they can’t even be objective anymore. It’s so sad that it’s almost to the point of being comical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 10, 2020, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: "Change my mind" ]

I like BB. I don't like being a middle of the pack ACC team. I don't like shooting 3s like crazy when we are one of the worst teams at making them. I don't like turnovers from bad passes and poor ball handling by guards. I don't like losing sorry. Maybe a change isn't the answer but maybe it is. We will never know if we keep BB and stay where we have been the last 10 years. Maybe next year will be different. I have hope. I want him to do great but we keep being great on D yet horrible on O.

im Not happy with the results but

Feb 10, 2020, 1:45 AM

I don’t despise him. Heck I didn’t even despise Tommy Bowden

I despised some of his game management, hiring decisions and roster management.

Feb 10, 2020, 3:04 PM

Well for someone that is clueless, he sure has made a ton of money. He is an average coach, coaching an average team, getting average results. For people to keep losing their minds over something that is obvious is beyond comprehension. At some point he will leave CLEMSON, he will get a job at a Mid Tier school, be successful enough to coach for 10 more years and we will be on here complaining about the same thing after the next coach is hired!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 10:47 PM

He must be

Feb 24, 2020, 1:38 AM

In this thread I predicted that the only thing that would silence the Brownell bashers was a 3-game winning streak.

The bashing has stopped. Or at least, it's paused.

I'm only sorry that I didn't believe it was possible. I've been enjoying watching this team grow up before our eyes, and yet I didn't think they could be this good. If all our foes were quitting on the season, I could see it, but they are not.

Keep up the great energy, Tigers!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic