Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: AJC: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: AJC: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges

Oct 10, 2012, 4:02 PM

AJC: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AJC is determined to make sure he doesn't come here***

Oct 10, 2012, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AJC is determined to make sure he doesn't come here***

Oct 10, 2012, 4:09 PM

YES!!!!!!! they and the state will do all they can to turn him!! pitiful!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2012, 5:37 PM

he isn't going to a city school period. Problem is that his older brother goes to Ole miss and Mommy wants them to play together.

But I can tell you from second hand info, his father working in the ER at Grady had a huge impact on his not going to a place like Columbia, GT, Gainesville etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2012, 5:44 PM

Wonder if his mom has even meet with the new coach at Old Miss?

Oct 10, 2012, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: AJC is determined to make sure he doesn't come here*** ]

If Robert is a man and not just a big kid. He will honor the word he gave to Dabo the other coaches and and his best friends that has commited to Clemson. A man will be a MAN, and a kid will remain a little kid. And we all know that is a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has nothing to do with us. They want a story and he

Oct 10, 2012, 4:16 PM [ in reply to AJC is determined to make sure he doesn't come here*** ]

keeps talking to them. If you were the reporter, what would you do different?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like Dabo needs to win over Momma.***

Oct 10, 2012, 4:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go again.....Yawn......wake me up when it's over***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Why ole miss of all schools? so mom can come from africa and

tailgate at the grove. Ole Miss is the 2nd worst program in the SEC. Just have her oldest son transfer to Clemson.

Re: Why ole miss of all schools? so mom can come from africa and

Oct 10, 2012, 8:40 PM

Ding, Ding, Ding! Just because the elder son chose Ole Miss doesn't mean the younger should do likewise. Robert is smart, and his Mother should recognize that both her sons are smart, and they can make their own decision as to what is important to them when it comes to college choices. Just like she made the decision to spend their High School and College lives 12,000 miles away. It was a choice she made for a reason she felt was important. All those decisions are what is right for each of them, but each should respect the other's decision and be a huge cheerleader for them in their next step in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This is a great post. TU***

Oct 11, 2012, 8:33 AM

Re: Why ole miss of all schools? so mom can come from africa and

Oct 11, 2012, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Why ole miss of all schools? so mom can come from africa and ]

It seems like the mother is experiencing guilt for not being with her son during this critical stage in his life. She wants the older brother to be a "surrogate"
parent. She made a tough decision to remain in Africa, so hopefully Robert will make a decision for himself verses trying to please someone guilt feelings.

The only thing I will say about it is CJSpiller was in the

Oct 10, 2012, 4:17 PM

same position w/ his mom, and you see how things turned out for him. A player, not his mom is the one that has to live somewhere and play for 3-4 years. That's part of life and BECOMING A MAN, making your own way and your own decisions.

Isn't this the same politician mom over in Africa somewhere

Oct 10, 2012, 4:26 PM

Sounds like a real star role model parent right there

That's nice, question his Mom's character as a parent....

Oct 10, 2012, 4:29 PM

...on a public message board.

Smoooooooooth.

^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^ use your head***

Oct 10, 2012, 4:35 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to follow your OWN advice.***

Oct 10, 2012, 8:12 PM

Wish I had more than 1 Thumbs Down to give you***

Oct 10, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Isn't this the same politician mom over in Africa somewhere ]

centurytiger®

Gallman on Robert via Clemson Insider

Oct 10, 2012, 4:47 PM

"People shouldn’t worry about Robert and David. They are good with Clemson. Robert just went to see his brother play."

Re: Gallman on Robert via Clemson Insider

Oct 10, 2012, 8:44 PM

He gets it. I hope RK's Mom does soon, or it will be really tough on Robert. She should recognize that she has raised a son who is perfectly capable of making decisions that are right for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: AJC: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges

Oct 10, 2012, 4:52 PM

You know what he is a great athlete and will be a force anywhere he goes. We need to stay with him and try our best to keep him firm but we are losing Daniels as well. There are others out there. Rogers is committed. Lets secure Daniels who is a monster as well. We have Pagano as lets push hard for Adams. We can still build an elite line without Nkemdiche.

Re: We will get all five.***

Oct 10, 2012, 8:11 PM

Re: We will get all five.***

Oct 11, 2012, 12:50 PM

just got a football chub thinking about that.

Re: Recruit Update: AJC: Clemson’s star recruit says family is torn between colleges

Oct 10, 2012, 5:02 PM

If his mom wants him to go to the whipping mule of the SEC and be apart of a losing program all I can say is WOW. With his help her son will be a part of a program that will be competing for a national title. Imagine he sons stock then. Seems mom is just not thinking.

Oct 10, 2012, 5:22 PM

AJC should print this, Tramel Terry to CLEMSON!

Oct 10, 2012, 8:48 PM

Then they would be printing something their readers don't want to read. In the old days their paper was a very good source, but now, they are a fish wrapper, and not even a good one, unless the fish are really, really fresh.

I heard she don't like Taters.

Oct 10, 2012, 5:27 PM

;)

this sounds like a classic case of

Oct 10, 2012, 5:29 PM

the mother wanting older brother to watch after younger brother...

She has never been to Clemson, and she says she doesnt like Clemson, who knows, maybe if she came one day with her son, she might like it

Oct 10, 2012, 5:34 PM

Robert if you read Tigernet or any Clemson publication. I for 1 understand what you are going thru with family and coaches pulling you in many directions. Just wanna tell you that i am 100% by whomever you chose, just remember that Clemson has way more history and a brighter future than ole siss will ever have. Maybe you should talk your brother into transferring to Clemson for his remaining years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it just me?

Oct 10, 2012, 6:11 PM

Or does this kids mom seem to live on a different planet? I dont dislike Ole Miss but Clemson is better, right now, in EVERY WAY than Ole Miss. Better academics, better graduation rate, better athletics, hotter women, fewer STD's, better coaches, not to mention Clemson offered half his high school team.

Come on kid, youre making this way harder than it should be.

Re: Is it just me?

Oct 10, 2012, 7:02 PM

Hopefully, he and his friends are too busy to read Clemson message boards, but tell me how questioning his Mom's thought process and trashing another school he may be considering improves our chances with him.

Just follow your heart, Robert.***

Oct 10, 2012, 6:54 PM

Look at Carver's headlines for AJC. They are all designed

Oct 10, 2012, 7:00 PM

to create a stir. Should UGA be worried about it's player visiting Clemson, Florida commit likes UGA so much he's scheduling an official visit, etc, etc, etc.

There's no story as big as RN's recruitment so he's loving every possible tidbit he can get.

I certainly won't make any decisions or form opinions about RN from his stories.

In fact... why is TNET giving the AJC reporting such a high

Oct 10, 2012, 7:01 PM

profile on the site?

Re: In fact...I AGREE! AJC not worth reading

Oct 11, 2012, 1:35 AM

Notice this came out right after Georgia got stomped.
(from AJC)

This is foxtrot bravo sierra....I'm tired of this....

Oct 10, 2012, 7:19 PM

Tell Momma to make a decision and get it over with. There should never be this much drama over an 18y/o.

I hope he chooses Clemson and while he'd be a great addition, this just ain't worth all of the angst he is causing.

Oct 10, 2012, 8:33 PM

1. I think we need to focus on getting another DE recruit. "I am going to go to another school instead of the one that I want to go to b/c of what my mother says who lives 2000 miles away." yeah right

2. I think Dabo needs to beat Spurrier before responding to again to any of Spurrier's commments. Dabo will get pass this year b/c USC is that much better than us this year, but he needs to beat them in Cola next year.

Mom might be acting selfishly by wanting to watch both sons

Oct 10, 2012, 8:34 PM

every Saturday on the same field together rather than dividing time between them. It's understandable, but it's not right. There's nothing at Clemson that will jeopardize her son's future, and that's all that should matter if this is where he wants to go.

His mom must have went to Ole miss or must be alumni booster

Oct 11, 2012, 8:03 PM

Hey, mom your not the one going to the school your son is and he is a grown boy who can decide which school is best for him, don't make your son go to Ole Miss because you like Ole miss that's a terrible reason, your son is a very good football player and he would be a better player at Clemson than Ole Miss just going by recent success of defensive players at both schools.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic