Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should beat the brakes off GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

We should beat the brakes off GT

Nov 8, 2014, 1:59 PM

But then again it is Atlanta.... I'm gonna be a mess next Saturday

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should have beaten the brakes off Wake******

Nov 8, 2014, 2:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: should have beaten the brakes off Wake******

Nov 8, 2014, 2:09 PM

And cuse

Re: should have beaten the brakes off Wake******

Nov 8, 2014, 2:12 PM

And BC

And, FSU.***

Nov 8, 2014, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

And UGA***

Nov 8, 2014, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

We will. For some reason people are terrified

Nov 8, 2014, 2:18 PM

Of ga tech even though we've kicked their #### since BV got here and once you can stop it once you can stop it again. After all that went wrong at wake with 2 free touchdowns and referees giving them almost 1/2 their yards and us playing a hurt back up quarterback and without the leader of our secondary and arguably one of the players we need the most we still beat wake by 2 touchdowns after they gave us all they had. Tajh's first year we would have gotten our #### kicked and we all know what would happen the years before that with tommy bowden. People are ungrateful as helll, there's kids in Columbia starving for a win and you better d@mn believe they would have taken any of our close wins, it would feed their egos for a month.

Re: We will. For some reason people are terrified

Nov 8, 2014, 2:38 PM

Agreed.

GA Tech plays in the Coastal, which is generally weaker than the Atlantic. So, their SOS will tend to be lower than ours. They don't play FSU, BC, Louisville each year.

GA Tech lost to Duke earlier in the year. They had three turnovers as well, which bit them. Duke scored 31 points and held GA Tech to 25. GA Tech's second loss was to UNC in a 43-48 shootout, so they seem not to have a very good defense (not as bad as SC's this year but more to the level of what ours was in 2011).

Additionally, we had a bye week within the two week period leading to the game. GA Tech has not had a bye week in a while. They have a bye week after the game.

So, I think that if we score at least 30 points, we have a good chance of winning.
We scored 34 this past Thursday. We could have scored 41 if we wanted two, but it seemed like Dabo didn't want to run up the score like that.

Re: We will. For some reason people are terrified

Nov 8, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to We will. For some reason people are terrified ]

Ima scared.

Atlanta has been a house of horrors over the years.

Nov 8, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to We will. For some reason people are terrified ]

I don't like playing any game in that city.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should beat the brakes off GT

Nov 8, 2014, 3:02 PM

Reading this thread, I deduct that these posters 1) are not aware of what GA TECH is doing to NC ST as I write this, nor 2) are these posters aware of the historical data available for this series. I suggest each of you do some homework, especially the history of the series in Atlanta. Also, check in on their game with NC ST.Then post your feelings on the matter. They should shift significantly.

The team that took the field in Winston-Salem this past Thursday night will not beat this GA TECH team. Significant pieces of the puzzle on the offensive side of the ball will have to return for us to hang enough points on them to win, and those pieces will have to find their mojo in the game in a very hostile environment against a good GA TECH. team.

BOTTOM LINE: The order is very tall. Our problems await in Atlanta.

look who they are playing as well

Nov 8, 2014, 3:03 PM

A NCST team we crushed 41-0

with Watson at QB***

Nov 8, 2014, 3:07 PM

Nov 8, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: We should beat the brakes off GT ]

Bro, does gt even pass block? Yea jk, not watching that game- is it on tv? Is that option killing state?

Nov 8, 2014, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: We should beat the brakes off GT ]

I have actually watched the whole game and I can honestly say that if Clemson passes the ball against Ga Tech over the middle...they will carve them alive. NC St was looking good until Briskett got hurt. After his running threat left...so did the running game and the Ga Tech defenders started pressing more. Add on to that the multiple drops the WR's had and we are looking at a different game. Then if you look at the TO's that both lead to 2 defensive scores then you can see that that did more to kill the spirit of NC St than anything else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 3:32 PM

You watch the last 4 Clemson games? Vertical attacks aren't our strong suit and I don't think "carving" is available either

Interesting, it's like we'll have a new QB***

Nov 8, 2014, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Interesting, it's like we'll have a new QB***

Nov 8, 2014, 3:35 PM

Didnt know it was confirmed DW was going to start?

Nov 8, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: We should beat the brakes off GT ]

GT didn't actually cover the out routes very well either. They struggle with a mobile QB...so Watson is key

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 3:20 PM

I am hopeful that our guys will be fired up and focused after a slightly longer break between games. If we don't turn over the ball, execute in short yardage and the red zone, and the defense/special teams does not give up the big play, we will win the game. What either of these teams has done prior to that game does not matter. What happens on game day is all that counts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 8, 2014, 3:41 PM

I am nervous. I was at the Clemson vs GA Tech game when the Wreck ruined our "shock and awe" season! I will be there, though. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic