Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We were one first down away from winning 33-26. Had
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,001

We were one first down away from winning 33-26. Had

Nov 8, 2020, 1:19 PM

we done that, the defense would have actually given up only 19 of the 26 points, although ND fumbled into the endzone so it could have been actually 26. Instead, it looks like we gave up 47. The point is, our defense was missing the three best players and I think they performed well enough to win, but the offense just could not get that one first down to seal the deal.

As for the offense, I am not complaining about 33 regulation points at Notre Dame. I am so pleased with DJ and his performance. I am no longer worried about what will happen when Trevor goes to the NFL. I think DJ is going to be a spectacular quarterback for us and, with the supporting cast, should lead CLemson to continued powerhouse seasons. It is not his fault, or any one particular person that we could not get that first down with 2 minutes to go. It's just a killer because, at that point, the defense had put in a winning performance and survived the injury situation.

This team should certainly be favored to beat FSU, Pitt and VT, but I'm not sure where our mindset will be. Also, these games will not be easy, even if we get some defenders back. Should we make it to the ACCCG vs Notre Dame, if we have our defensive starters back, I think we have a good chance of winning it. But Notre Dame is a great team and we have to earn our way to the ACCCG first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were one first down away from winning 33-26. Had

Nov 8, 2020, 1:24 PM

Thanks Coach TE.

man, get over bashing TE and learn football or something!***

Nov 8, 2020, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 8, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: We were one first down away from winning 33-26. Had ]

Why do so many people keep assuming that it would be a TE decision to play that series conservative, and not a Dabo decision?

I’d actually be surprised to see that not be a decision made by the head coach. No way does the coordinator make the decision to pass the ball in that situation and run the risk of a turnover, or incomplete passes without the head coach telling him to play it that way.

I’d say the opposite is true as well, no way would the OC decide to run 3 straight plays there without knowing that’s what his head coach wants.

In addition to that, why was it such a horrible decision? Our defense had only given up 3 points in the 2nd half and only 1 touchdown all night long. We also wouldn’t figure on picking up a holding penalty which caused the clock to stop, or our senior running back going out of bounds to leave them with 2 timeouts.

Thinking that you were going to put the game in the hands of our defense to stop the other team from going 80 yards with under 2 minutes to play and no timeouts isn’t anywhere near the baffling decision that people keep wanting to make it out to be.

Nov 8, 2020, 1:30 PM

Your last statement of with some of our defensive players back, we have a chance to beat ND. We had a chance to beat them last night. With our guys fighting through the entire game to finally get the lead with over two minutes left, and coach chose to run two plays that we had only gained 34 yards from 33 attempts, and he runs two of those plays 1st and 2nd down for minus yards. IMO, coach gave ND a chance to beat us, and they took that chance and done just that, they beat us, and one 1st and we win!!! Nothing can change what really happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 1:32 PM

ND is a good team-no doubt about that. But they are the team that scored 12 pts. vs Louisville and under 30 vs Duke. Our defense was decimated at the end of game with loss of 2 starting safeties. plus Brisee and the original 3 starters that were out. My guess is should we get them in Charlotte(if we earn that spot) that
BV will have a scheme to prevent Book and Williams from running wild and at will. Book's runs killed us + the one long throw to our 4 at the end of regulation to allow them to get the tying TD.
Would hope the refs in our future games can also detect OL holding and know how to properly run the clock per the rule book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and that one long throw we might have been without

Nov 8, 2020, 6:12 PM

Turner, not sure though.

Nov 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

Book had a Syracuse's Dungy type of game. Those smaller mobile QB's give us trouble. Our four new O Linemen were over matched by ND. Missing Tyler Davis and Skalski made a huge difference. The play calling on the last regulation series was suspect.
But, the loss comes on the two fumbles. Minus those, we win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic