Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Lord. Stevie Wonder made me turn a relief concert in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,739

Good Lord. Stevie Wonder made me turn a relief concert in

Sep 12, 2017, 8:06 PM

less than 5 minutes after his hateful rant about love!!

Guess I won't believe pledging.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Good Lord. Stevie Wonder made me turn a relief concert in

Sep 12, 2017, 8:11 PM

You gotta be kidding. If you got hateful out of that you're just looking for something to complain about. Come on man

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw Stevie Wonder open for the Rolling Stones in 1972

Sep 12, 2017, 8:20 PM

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas did some back-up singing for Stevie---he was out promoting his legendary "Superstition" album...............The Stones were on tour promoting their equally famous "Sticky Fingers" album

Stevie played about 10 different instruments. The Stones were phenominal

Tickets were $6.25

Greatest concert I ever saw

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couple decent albums there, huh ?

Sep 12, 2017, 8:22 PM

that must have been pretty cool

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw Stevie Wonder open for the Rolling Stones in 1972

Sep 12, 2017, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Saw Stevie Wonder open for the Rolling Stones in 1972 ]

That's awesome man. Kinda makes me jealous that I didn't get to see that

We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming

Sep 12, 2017, 8:13 PM

Just sing and raise money. If you want to be a politician, run for office. I couldnt care less what any celebrity's political belief is as they are a bunch of aloof ignorant morons.

Re: We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming

Sep 12, 2017, 8:20 PM

I just did the same thing!! I changed the channel as well!!

He knows a lot about global warming

Sep 12, 2017, 8:28 PM

with his 6th grade edumacation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming

Sep 12, 2017, 8:22 PM [ in reply to We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming ]

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

If you couldn't care less, why did you change the channel?

Sep 12, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming ]

Juss sayin

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you couldn't care less, why did you change the channel?

Sep 13, 2017, 12:07 PM

Because people tend to not watch things that they don't care about?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Climate change isn't just a political debate

Sep 12, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to We turned too when he had to go political w/global warming ]

It's a scientific fact. So find something else to be offended by snowflake.

Re: Climate change isn't just a political debate

Sep 12, 2017, 11:07 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Funny!

I just lit a charcoal grill in your honor

you seem to be confusing climate change and global warming***

Sep 12, 2017, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Climate change isn't just a political debate ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

particularly man-made global warming******

Sep 12, 2017, 11:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Same for me - just wonder how many other.......

Sep 12, 2017, 9:21 PM

celebrities are on there for self-serving reasons?

much like stevie himself, I didn't see that coming.***

Sep 12, 2017, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I didn't see it.***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have no idea what you are talking about

Sep 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

But are you saying talking about global warming is "hateful"?

No, I'm saying just sing for the relief victims and keep your political

Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

beliefs to yourself. This wasn't the time or place to go politically and honestly, a celebrity's political view holds no value imo. I didn't know hurricanes Harvey and Irma were democrat or republican either so stuff it.

It wasn't a show on global warming. It was a fundraiser for hurricane victims***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:22 PM

Re: It wasn't a show on global warming. It was a fundraiser for hurricane victims***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:36 PM

Miami's Mayor says it's time too address global warming. He is kinda living it at the moment. So...maybe it is a good time to discuss it. (Even if it upsets some Conservative snowflakes)

and....there it is...***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Speaking of snowflakes...just send Al Gore in

Sep 12, 2017, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It wasn't a show on global warming. It was a fundraiser for hurricane victims*** ]

and there will be an instant blizzard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, I'm saying just sing for the relief victims and keep your political

Sep 12, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to No, I'm saying just sing for the relief victims and keep your political ]

Could it be that if his political beliefs aligned with yours it would be OK?
Because someone is a celebrity doesn't make their opinion right or wrong and they are free to share what they believe.
(That's the wonderful thing about the U.S.A.)

You did the right thing in changing the channel. That's all you have to do. Not sure I understand why the rant and people can stuff it but enjoy your freedom of speech as well my friend. ????

Global warming is not a political belief.

Sep 13, 2017, 6:29 AM [ in reply to No, I'm saying just sing for the relief victims and keep your political ]

The climate is warming, leading to more potential energy, thanks to higher sea surface temperatures. Looking forward 50 to 100 years, this *could* lead to significantly more intense storms.

The political bit is whether folks believe the government should step in to help mitigate this risk.

Simply ignoring the above does not change current projections, however, continued research inevitably will.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Global warming is not a political belief... HOWEVER...

Sep 13, 2017, 12:03 PM

... when you can "buy energy credits to opt out of reducing your carbon footprint"; when you ('they') tell me EYE need to be concerned AND EYE MUST act - as they jet around the country on private/chartered fuel guzzling, pollution spewing transportation - this while living in mega mansions ALSO consuming excessive natural resources AND polluting more than I, then my concern is YOUR 'motives', NOT your concern for scientific fact(? - as we've heard the books have been 'cooked' on occasion).

If the politicians are involved - and big business - then this is more likely a political and/or financial agenda being pushed.

Much like the OP's point that little Stevie's sole purpose is/was that he is "...trying to raise money for victims of the hurricanes (sic)..." but he HAS to use his podium to lecture us lowly peasants about what/how WE need to live or change the way we live.

As for politicians, Samual Clemens had it right: "No man is safe while the legislature is in session".

As for the holier than thou entertainers - and others not struggling to pay bills, etc., insulated from the routine of making ends meet - don't lecture me on what I should/shouldn't do. You're just someone, often with a pretty face or good looks, who entertains me with your acting or musical ability; can play sports better than I; or can make me laugh. All of which EYE pay you handsomely for. But it doesn't mean EYE want to hear what you think or have to say.

Yes, ESPECIALLY when I disagree with you.

Damb, they just #### me off.... in case that didn't come across....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,739
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic