Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN’s TD run was electric BUT..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,740

ETN’s TD run was electric BUT..

Dec 30, 2018, 12:52 AM

Our running game came half-way alive only after we tired out their D..

and comparing our running game to Bama’s just seems to me to be a negative overall..

and Saban just called our running game “Effective” which just about sums up my feelings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama will have the same results

Dec 30, 2018, 12:56 AM

They've been riding their starters all season, playing about 40 players a game. They tired out tonight, they'll tire out next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN’s TD run was electric BUT..

Dec 30, 2018, 12:58 AM

I’m confused at what you’re implying. Are you stating that you didn’t like the rushing effort? Clemson has over 200 yards on the ground on like 31 attempts or something. That’s a pretty good average. Also, Clemson had 538 offensive yards with over 200 being on the ground. At any level of competitive football, that is very, very good, especially with that type of balance in over 500 yards of offensive output. If Saban said “effective,” he was right. That’s very effective. This is the best Clemson team I have ever seen. Ever.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:00 AM

Yep, best team by quite a bit across all aspects. You know that you have a solid team when you find yourself stressing out the most about how the refs end up treating you vs Bama in the title game...

Dec 30, 2018, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN’s TD run was electric BUT.. ]

Good answer!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 12:59 AM

Not extremely worried about that simply because they were just doing what a few teams had done to us earlier in the year and jamming ET with a guy or two instantly on every play. But as you saw, it did make a few runs for TL exceptionally easy. Granted, the pious churchboys did try several times to knock Trevor out of the game or so it seemed, hitting him MUCH harder than was necessary to tackle. But oh well, those innocent souls would have never been TRYING to do that..right? ;)

But either way, we are so balanced that it'd be nearly impossible to shut down all the options we can divert to if they 'take out' a guy since we have so many weapons. Worst case would be if they shut down ET or our backs like that and then ALL the receviers had the yips. But other than that, we usually shift to what's open fairly quickly and exploit the hell out of it.

Of course, according to ND, we just really lucked out by 'managing to score 3 TD's' while Love was out. If it weren't for that, they were sure we'd have lost the game. 3 to 0 I presume.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:10 AM

Yeah Brian Kelly can’t really believe that. We have so much talent, someone is going to breakout sometime. They played well but I don’t think Love’s absence made that big of a difference. Depth is part of the game. We’ve done a great job of spreading play time around all year. If we lose to Bama, I won’t blame it on Big Dex being out.
Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We stuck with the run LBB.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:06 AM

Second half it paid off by getting us yardage with the qb runs and all 4 of our running backs had good gains for extending drives. THAT is what the game is all about, Sir!
Bama game will be no different.But I think Bama will not sell out as ND did to stopping the run. Even if they do, by the second half it still wears them Bama guys down.

GO TIGERS!!!BEAT ALABAMA!!!

Re: We stuck with the run LBB.

Dec 30, 2018, 8:08 AM

we won the NC by wearing Bama down and it sure seems likely we will do it the same way this time.

Re: We stuck with the run LBB.

Dec 30, 2018, 8:19 AM

I agree. We will own the fourth qtr. against Bama just like in the last title game. You could even see it in the OK game last night. This is where the depth Clemson develops all season long allows us to shine. It’s why losing a player like Big Dex wasn’t catastrophic.

We've slowed down a lot since that game we don't play

Dec 30, 2018, 8:24 AM

nearly as many plays. We won't be able to wear down bama as easily this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic