Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We still aren't showing anyone our playbook - VANILLA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

We still aren't showing anyone our playbook - VANILLA

Sep 29, 2019, 7:48 AM

Wow - it's so obvious, so not sure why nobody seems to see this. CLEMSON did not need to even open the playbook against a pathetic UNCheat team, so they did not bother. Yes, that and tons of goofy penalties made the game close, but CLEMSON could have won the game anytime they wanted to. Mack Brown knew that our talent alone would win the game if it went to OT, so his 2-point attempt was the obvious call, plus the ensuing onside kick attempt to get the ball back. Even if UNCheat made the 2-point attempt, CLEMSON still had over 1 minute to get into FG range. That would have taken all of ~30 seconds and game over. The college football world sees the score and now thinks CLEMSON has serious weaknesses and is so beatable. When they let down their guard - KAPOW - Knock out. They won't know what hit them, and they can watch CLEMSON walk away with another championship trophy while their fans cry in their beer. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We still aren't showing anyone our playbook - VANILLA

Sep 29, 2019, 7:52 AM

Not opening playbook or teams have figured out how to defend us? We need romaine some adjustments. If we can’t run agains 2 high safety coverage it’s not going to end well.

Lettuce just wait and see how we look in two weeks.***

Sep 29, 2019, 8:02 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just the tip of the iceberg***

Sep 29, 2019, 8:15 AM

Re: Lettuce just wait and see how we look in two weeks.***

Sep 29, 2019, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Lettuce just wait and see how we look in two weeks.*** ]

If we don’t end this roughage play soon, I’m afraid sooner or later we might hit an “iceberg” though. I’ll romaine calm though.

Re: Lettuce just wait and see how we look in two weeks.***

Sep 29, 2019, 9:07 AM

Maybe if they dangle a carrot in front of us like they do for horses and we eat our spinach like Popeye we will improve. Yukyukyuk.

whatever

Sep 29, 2019, 7:53 AM

It doesn't matter if we did call a trickier play . . . we would have moved early and gotten an illegal procedure if we tried. Geez that was an ugly game.

Sep 29, 2019, 7:53 AM

Obviously we nees to open our playbook, because that didnt work well.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:00 AM

You've never played pool against a pool hustler. Watching those guys work their magic is a thing to behold. Our coaches are baiting the ROY Bus teams. Did you not see how they did that last year allowing UofSuc to expose our secondary so Bama would attempt to COPYCAT the UofSuc game plan? Bama tried that and was sucker-punched into oblivion. Bama be dumb, and they will fall for it again (if they even make it this year).

Sep 29, 2019, 8:22 AM

So they risked losing to bait people? Ummmm. I doubt that. I think we just didnt come prepared quite frankly. Best was not our standard this game. Dad performance.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:31 AM

I only saw ONE play in the entire game that we risked losing. We were always one play away from tying the game or taking the lead. They were trying to tie us at the end, and the 2-point attempt was an act of desperation, but that single play was the only play that might have won the game for them. I never felt like we were lost or risked losing. But, that's just me.

Well, the play at the end of the game where Goodrich was not the 11th man on the field and Dabo had to burn the TO was the only other play that I felt might cost us the game. We were going to possibly need to conserve that TO in case they scored the obvious 2-point attempt if they managed to score the TD (which they did).

If you remember the old Danny Ford days, I liked how he managed to stay within striking distance late in games, and seemed to persevere when it counted most. This game reminded me of those days.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:49 AM

Thats not at all what i saw. I saw a team not prepared, unmotivated and unfocused go out and play an awful game. I saw a team that believes all the press clippings and is so busy feeling like number 1 that they forgot to play like it. Ive seen a qb that the coaches dont trust because he has been terribly inconsistent and honestly if this kind of play continues, we certainly wont win the title this year.

I saw the coaches get outcoached. And as proud as dabo is with pulling out the game, i remember him saying at the end of his press conference that this was about as bad as they could play in first half or something to that effect. Which is shocking with the offensive players we have back.

Somewhere along the line, the team has just lost itself and we flatlined today. Had UNC made the two, im not convinced we score with 114 left. Maybe....

FSU isnt FSU of old but they have solid athletes. We better get this sorted out or someone will beat us and there won't be a playoff. Believe it.

Imo, if players dont perform, replace them. Dabo says its a game of performance and right now, we need a new mindset, better team leaders and elliot needs to step up too.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:31 AM

You misspelled Snow

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sarcasm loses its effect...

Sep 29, 2019, 7:56 AM

when you go on and on like that.

Re: Sarcasm loses its effect...

Sep 29, 2019, 8:03 AM

uh - I - uh - reminds me of coworkers, that even after a detailed explanation, looked like a deer in headlights. :)

That’s probably because...

Sep 29, 2019, 8:11 AM

your explanation is 100% bullshyatt.

Re: That’s probably because...

Sep 29, 2019, 8:18 AM

Yep - sounds like those coworkers. Oh well, carry on. You don't play chess either - right? I won't give that analogy either as it won't be clear.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:33 AM

I really do believe that the coaches sandbag early in the season. It keeps the “rat poison” away. It happens every year, remember Troy? I think they hold back a lot until they absolutely need it. It keeps things off of the tape so coaches can’t scheme against it.
I noticed a lot of the offense looking over to the sideline for the calls yesterday, instead of Trevor making the call at the line. The offense looked scripted to a point. During the playoff last year they didn’t do that a lot.
I’ll take the win, but it has bitten us in the past (Syracuse 2017 Pitt 2016) and almost bit us last year and this one.
Blowouts from here on out imo, but I thought that about this one too.

Keep telling yourself that. If you don't feel the need.....

Sep 29, 2019, 8:52 AM

to open it some yesterday, then you must not have anything else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:01 AM

Penalties and not throwing
deep more than not almost killed us
yesterday.
To #### with the "Bubble Screens " because of
their ineffectiveness.
and Thank God for Venables because The
Defense won it for us!

Sep 29, 2019, 10:28 AM

No, we threw deep too many times as it was. Lawrence clearly can't hit those balls right now (I think the extra muscle has thrown off his mechanics or his touch). All the offense was was: bubble screen, bubble screen, deep pass, punt, repeat. Clemson needs some shorter pass plays, slants, and play-actions to keep teams honest. But you can't run play-actions unless you establish the running game, which Clemson could not do (and stopped trying early).

where are our intermediate routes?

Sep 29, 2019, 10:38 AM

It’s either a screen behind the LOS or a deep shot

Crossing routes, drag, slant, hitch, curl, corners, post.

Yesterday was frustrating but it wasn’t just play calling. Execution was lacking too. The procedural penalties hurt us more than most realize

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And people say our fan base is delusional

Sep 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

UNC just showed up and pushed us to the brink. And we still got the W. Sign of a great team. There is no hidden playbook. Never has been. We do what we do and do it better than the opponent. Some weeks we do it better than other weeks.

Re: And people say our fan base is delusional

Sep 29, 2019, 11:39 AM

I disagree, you can’t tell me we don’t play close like this every year and then blow the top teams out in the playoffs and say we don’t keep the bulk of our book hidden.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:22 AM

That because we aren’t executing chapter one yet.

So far we are just out talenting everyone.

Hopefully the team learns and grows

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 29, 2019, 9:41 AM

Terrible play calling. Vanilla is correct, but that's on OC's. Constant ineffective bubble's. Do we ever exploit the middle with passes or tight end play? We used to have a great tight end receiver - now in NFL. Jet sweeps - nah. Misdirection - nah. Only thing being held back is better offensive play calling. Dillusionial if you don't believe we were just lucky on this one.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:36 AM

Then we better start. I think it's that teams are figuring us out. We start every game the same way. The early pass plays are designed to get Trevor comfortable with a few easy completions. Mostly bubble screens. Which I hate when used too much, as we do. ....
Another thing is that Trevor is off with his accuracy. He is very Kelly Bryantesque this year with the overthrows and underthrows. And also poor decisions taking sacks and throwing picks..... No picks yesterday, but a couple poor decisions compounded by the false start penalties and the fumble by Travis and you have yourself a close game that should have been an easy win. .... we can't let these inferior teams hang around. They start believing they can hang in with us and possibly beat us. We shot ourselves in the foot yesterday. We have several things to clean up. I'm beginning to worry if we are able to clean them up. RENFROW is gone and we sorely miss him. He kept so many drives alive for us.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:08 AM

My thing is they said Amari Rodgers would run Hunters position. He’s not running nearly the same routes hunter ran. No crossing routes, no slants or in routes. Something is up. I hope they are holding plays because if they aren’t the OCs have lost their #### minds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 10:33 AM

I agree! When you see those 6 ft whatever WRs spread out all across the field when the weather turns cold, get your popcorn ready!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 10:34 AM

No O-line push in basic run game is concerning, especially for a group that was touted one of the best in the country prior to the season. Just watched Ohio State for the first time as I wanted to see if they could live up to the hype. They’re O-line is physical nasty and have an attitude. Our I-line has the skill but just lacks the will.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:00 AM

Totally agree. Been saying that we run these vanilla offenses and tight games to build character and for simulation purposes. Dabo plays chess while others play checkers.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:43 AM

You may be over thinking it a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic