Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We showed up early for the party and will be here for awhile.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,800

We showed up early for the party and will be here for awhile.

Jan 15, 2016, 2:43 AM

Guess I just have different take on the game. Of course, I wanted a win and feel that we were the better team. A few plays cost us the championship and its easy to focus on that. The lady and I spent a significant amount of money to take part and support this team.
At the end of the day, we weren't expected to be there. This season was a bonus in what is sure to be championship run for the next couple of years. Between the players returning, continuity in the coaching staff, and the talent coming in, we are here to stay. If someone told me that we would finish the season #2 in the country, I would have been ecstatic... And I am. Enjoy what we've accomplished knowing that we are only getting better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We showed up early for the party and will be here for awhile.

Jan 15, 2016, 2:49 AM

Well said man. In the wake of a hard-fought loss like that one, it's not always easy to see the light. But you're right, it was a bonus considering this year we were doubted from start to finish with the loss of our 10 starters. I'm thrilled in fact. I wish the season started up again in March! Let's go!

Oh and glad you and the lady had an awesome time by the way. Such an amazing experience to share together, win or lose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2016, 3:00 AM

Also, there are allot of people that contributed to our success. Not only the team, but everyone else that that allows a program to see the success that we've been fortunate enough to experience. I don't want them to think that we are disappointed or that they let us down. They need to be celebrated

Jan 15, 2016, 10:44 AM

Was your flight back a little bit better than what you encountered trying to get to Phoenix?

Jan 15, 2016, 11:49 PM

Flight back was uneventful with a four hour drive to get home. But, could you believe that after the game, my lady locked the keys in the rental truck at a gas station in surprise Arizona??? Yep, hour for the locksmith and a drive back to Vegas put us in the hotel at 5am. So what else would I do but hit the bar?

Jan 15, 2016, 4:31 AM

I agree that this season was a bonus,and it was fun.Unfortunately
the party is exclusive,and only four invitations are sent out.
Last season Ohio State was the star of this party,but didn't even
receive a repeat invitation this season.
For Clemson to make a repeat performance,they will have to do what they did this season
next season.
And that will be a tall order.

Jan 15, 2016, 5:32 AM

I understand your feelings, and I believe Tiger Nation as a whole feel as we do. I feel that we won the game, but come up just a little short of the trophy being handed to us bc Bama is also a good team, but they had a much better kicking game. Bama started most of their drives off close to mid field, and we started our drives off from the 10 to 20 yard line. Until our special teams play can be fixed, we won't be the better complete team, and we will come up short of the trophy the next time also even if we are the better team in the trenches....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2016, 8:16 AM

You are spot on. Before this season everybody thought 2016, and beyond was our window. I thought we'd have a 9-3, 10-2 type regular season. I'm happy I don't live with the nervous/negative Nancy types on this board It's one thing to be aware of the obvious, its another to point out everything that might/could go wrong while minimizing the positives. We're all smart enough to realize nothing is guaranteed. I too think 2015 was the beginning, not the end. Clemson is poised to be in the mix for national championships for a while thanks to Dabo and Co. While it doesn't mean we'll make the national playoff semifinals every year, or win National titles, it means our chances of getting there are as good or better than anyone else's.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with DW at QB, 10-2 would have been a disappoint - he's a

Jan 16, 2016, 1:53 AM

huge difference maker. Had he been the starter from the beginning last season, who knows what that season would have ended up like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: We showed up early for the party and will be here for awhile. ]

+

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic