Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Broncos, Jets battle Thursday to kick off weekly Tank for Trevor Sweepstakes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Broncos, Jets battle Thursday to kick off weekly Tank for Trevor Sweepstakes

Oct 1, 2020, 11:01 AM

Broncos, Jets battle Thursday to kick off weekly Tank for Trevor Sweepstakes

The Denver Broncos and the New York Jets face off Thursday night in a primetime NFL matchup that might go a long way towards deciding the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Both teams are 0-3, two of a handful of teams that are “battling” for the chance to draft the Clemson quarterback number one overall in next spring’s draft. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Broncos, Jets battle Thursday to kick off weekly Tank for Trevor Sweepstakes

Oct 1, 2020, 11:44 AM

How many games do a team lose before throwing in the towel to get a chance at a generational QB in TL-16, in the NFL draft? After 0-4, I say start playing your 2nd and 3d string in an attempt to get them better, and the ones that don't get better, trade them for players that can help protect a good QB, who ever that maybe!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Broncos, Jets battle Thursday to kick off weekly Tank for Trevor Sweepstakes

Oct 1, 2020, 12:35 PM

How many games do a team lose before throwing in the towel to get a chance at a generational QB in TL-16, in the NFL draft? After 0-4, I say start playing your 2nd and 3d string in an attempt to get them better, and the ones that don't get better, trade them for players that can help protect a good QB, who ever that maybe!!!

As much sense as that would make as a fan, that isn't what the players or even coaches would agree upon.

Think of it like this, not all starters or coaches are household names.

Even if you were an interim coach taking over for a poor team, you want to do the best you can to prove you are worth another opportunity.

Not to say there aren't teams that sign players just to field a team for the year and expect bumps but generally players aren't going to just say, "yeah, lets tank so we can get picks that can take my job next year."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should resign ourselves to TL16

Oct 1, 2020, 11:48 AM

Ending up with the Jets

Sam Darnold is melting down faster than 3 mile island

It would take a miracle for Trevor to escape the Jets clutches

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should resign ourselves to TL16

Oct 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

to not caring. we cant do anything either way. he will go to the worst team unless someone trades up. not our deal. maybe he pulls a Travis and comes back (sounds stupid but no one thought 9 would be back either)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should resign ourselves to TL16

Oct 1, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to We should resign ourselves to TL16 ]

clemchem® said:

Ending up with the Jets

Sam Darnold is melting down faster than 3 mile island

It would take a miracle for Trevor to escape the Jets clutches

The Jets taking TL ISN'T GUARANTEED if they get the #1 pick.

Colin Cowherd made a good point this week in saying that the Jets would have a lot of leverage with the #1 pick.

A) They take TL and trade Darnold for picks or whatever

B) They trade the #1 pick for more picks/whatever and continue to build around Darnold with a new coach.

Of course, as a Dolphins fan, I'm mad at this because I was hopeful MAYBE the Phins would hold out for the opportunity to draft TL since they couldn't ###### up DW4 back in the day.

I'm not mad about the Tua pick but MAN I would have loved hearing they traded for DW4 if we couldn't be in the TL sweepstakes this year

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am more concerned with Saturday

Oct 1, 2020, 11:49 AM

The NFL and #tankfortrevor is not of my concern.

I would like to see him throw for 300, Travis run for 150 and send the fish/cavaliers/wahoos/thomas jeffersons back to UVA with another 62-17 beat down

Message was edited by: under11par®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 11:58 AM

In all honesty I wish the Cowboys would tank and get the first pick ,but that ain't going to happen.Besides, I'd just have to remove my large framed print of Dak and Ezek (#1 0f 250 signed) off my man -cave wall.( FYI it features one wall of Clemson ,one of Dallas ,one of Charleston prints and one of movie posters, not that anybody cares).
Still, if it comes down to either the Jets, or the Broncos, I hope New York gets him ,and then the organization can build a good enough team around Trevor to challenge New England. I am so sick and tired of Belicheat and the mighty Patriots, who always seem to find ways of winning Super Bowl's without ever blowing anybody out, or pulling a rabbit out of their helmets.
But hey that's another topic.

Oct 1, 2020, 12:06 PM

Wish we get off the draft stories and concentrate on the present. The goodwill Trevor and rest of team is doing during these unique times would be great news.

This article, especially, when referencing battling for bottom, is not relevant so early in the season. All that can change in a moment, (draft picks), because another team can come over the top with cash and picks to capture no.1 pick. Time to park conspiracy stories.

We need a healthy team, healthy performance and week to week focus. That after all has been Dabo's theme for years. Take each week at a time, and over the course of a season if all those weeks are taken care of, then we will have plenty to be proud about and memories that will last a lifetime.

We have something special once again, lightning striking more than once is rarity. We have enough speculation in press and social media on so many topics. Let's keep it real and ALL IN each and every week through end of the season.

Oct 1, 2020, 2:58 PM

The Texans are 0-3 also. Probably will be 0-4 soon enough. Do they tank for TL16 too? I thought their QB was pretty good, just signed a big new contract. Not everyone is tanking for Trevor - some just suck.

Oct 1, 2020, 3:41 PM

This is the best Tigernet story title ever.

Oct 1, 2020, 5:36 PM

Some Notre Dame idiot wanted to bet me a $100 that TL would not be the first pick in the draft. But, in all fairness, he said that Ian Book was better than Joe Montana, so he's obviously a little on the stupid side.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic