Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suppose the ACC was better this year or we were in the SEC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Suppose the ACC was better this year or we were in the SEC.

Oct 14, 2019, 7:20 AM

What would the narrative be and what would happen if we were to lose a game? If still the ACC Champs and having won 2 of the last 3 national championships in dominating fashion we would still make the CFP. The ACC being down is down is irrelevant. If we were in the SEC we would run the table and make it or lose a game but still be in the natty discussion. We have proven our dominance no matter how good or bad the ACC and have absolutely destroyed SEC teams. Let the SEC mouth breathers do what they do best-talk trash that they can't back up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suppose the ACC was better this year or we were in the SEC.

Oct 14, 2019, 7:37 AM

Just supposing, if we were in the SEC, and with our less than stellar performance in a few games, I would think we would beat UGA, Auburn even Bama, but Florida, and LSU I don't know. I want to see LSU/Bama and LSU/Florida on a neutral field( like the SECCG).
Florida could be better than a lot of us think!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 7:48 AM

I give LSU credit for shredding the UF defense which is a good defense statistically ... but who have they faced offensively before LSU ?
Hope we get a chance to play two SEC teams to win the championship again this year because I don't think the fans or the fawning media have gotten the message yet .
Clemson is the sherrif now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 14, 2019, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Suppose the ACC was better this year or we were in the SEC. ]

We'd beat LSU by 21 pts, and Florida is simply not in our league.

Don't let the media fool you...it's still Clemson, 'Bama, and everybody else.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t sleep on Wisconsin, OSU, Penn St or OU***

Oct 14, 2019, 8:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should be in the SEC

Oct 14, 2019, 7:49 AM

The ACC is for basketball schools. We don’t even have many basketball fans with the exception of Judge Keller. It’s an afterthought sport. We are a football and baseball school and that’s SEC if you ask me. Our facilities look like that’s who we are too. If the SEC ever expands and invites us I hope we take them up on it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should be in the SEC

Oct 14, 2019, 7:54 AM

I'm a Clemson sports fan .
If we playin' in it , I'm fur it ;)

DB23

Oct 14, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to We should be in the SEC ]

Clemson doesn't want to join the SEC so it's a moot point.

The SEC is full of mostly crappy academic institutions. Plus, they don't call it the $ECheat for nothing. Paying players is completely out of control in that conference and that's not something Clemson strives to emulate.

Besides, the SEC will NEVER invite Clemson and we own the ACC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC is not full of crappy academic schools

Oct 14, 2019, 8:34 AM

VANDY, TAM, UF, UGA, LSU, MIZZOU, BAYLOR, KY, AU... those are not crappy academically.

Now they don’t have a lot of the likes of a Duke, Wake, UVA, or UNC (questionable to put them in high eaten after their scandal), except maybe Vandy, but they have some really good academic schools too. So let’s not go down that road and disparage those schools just because the ACC has coddled boutique academia schools over bigger state schools.

Look at UCLA, Cal, USC... those are really good academic institutions too. Purdue, OSU, Michigan, Penn State ain’t chopped liver academically. Keep the academics argument out of the sports team program argument. They are not mutually exclusive. Size of school is really the gating factor. Duke is never gonna be a Clemson. Too small. Same with Wake. Once they get to a certain size, you can compete athletic program wise, but it takes some size to get there. Look at Miami. They are about the only outlier in recent history.

Oct 14, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: We should be in the SEC ]

Unless their is proof that the SEC is paying players IMO we should not put it out their as a rumor. I say this because CLEMSON fans get angry when the coots and others accuse Dabo of paying players. We deny it and slam the coots for putting these rumors out there.

I believe we as a first class program should only post factual information.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scar and UGA would never allow that to happen.***

Oct 14, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to We should be in the SEC ]

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic