Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wall Street giddy:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Wall Street giddy:

Nov 8, 2020, 12:45 PM

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/wall-street-is-giddy-over-the-prospect-of-a-biden-presidency-and-gop-senate

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anthony Scaramucci

Nov 8, 2020, 12:48 PM

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump only hires the best people***

Nov 8, 2020, 3:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and why anybody would care enough...

Nov 8, 2020, 3:28 PM

to ask his opinion is beyond me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall Street giddy:

Nov 8, 2020, 2:26 PM

Yep, and everyone on here will be giddy for the Dems to win the senate in the runoffs. Because you hate when normal people build wealth through a lifetime of saving. You only support inherited wealth for some reason. Boggles my mind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which liberal tnetter...

Nov 8, 2020, 2:39 PM

is the biggest freeloader?

Who supports inherited wealth again?

Nov 8, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Wall Street giddy: ]

https://www.bloomberg.com/quicktake/the-estate-tax

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should all be against taxing money that has already been

Nov 8, 2020, 2:59 PM

taxed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should all be against taxing money that has already been

Nov 8, 2020, 3:00 PM

From the article:

"A 2013 Federal Reserve study estimated that 55 percent of the value of estates larger than $100 million consists of capital gains that have never been taxed — and may never be."

property that has never been sold and therefore never paid

Nov 8, 2020, 3:09 PM

tax on the gains will still be subject to capital gains taxes when the property is sold. As it should. In the mean time, except in calif, property taxes goes up every few years and taxes are being paid on those assets.

Any gains in the stock market are paid every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In any case, the purpose of the estate tax is not to tax

Nov 8, 2020, 3:34 PM

previously untaxed gains, it is to keep generational wealth from building up in the hands of a few and leading to greater wealth inequality.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to We should all be against taxing money that has already been ]

Neal,

I have never understood this "money that has already been taxed" argument. All money is taxed more than once. I pay my federal income tax through withholdings. Then I pay state tax on it, too When I spend what is left on a house or car, I pay property tax. If I buy other stuff, I pay sales tax. When I buy gas, I pay a gas tax.

So all money is taxed more than once. Why should rich people be exempt from being taxed more than once ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 4:10 PM

They pay all the same taxes that you just mentioned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 4:19 PM

Nov 8, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: We should all be against taxing money that has already been ]

What Tobias said, with the addition of: Money doesn't get taxed. People do. A beneficiary who receives income through a will is one person. The dead person is another.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

There is no sane way to rationalize the proposal

Nov 8, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Who supports inherited wealth again? ]

that a person cannot give his/her property to someone else, that such a gift triggers govt ownership.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no sane way to rationalize the proposal

Nov 8, 2020, 11:59 PM

If you give me a gift of $1000, I have to pay tax on it.

The gift tax applies to the transfer by gift of any property. You make a gift if you give property (including money), or the use of or income from property, without expecting to receive something of at least equal value in return.

What difference does it make if that gift was predicated upon your death

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic