Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we run much true 4 WR sets?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 947

Do we run much true 4 WR sets?

Sep 19, 2016, 11:04 AM

Looking at the depth chart had me wondering who our 4th WR is (guessing Cain) and if we actually use a 4 WR set that often. I know most of the time that it looks like we are in 4 wide we actually just have the TE flexed out. Has anyone notice how often we have 4 WRs on the field in a given game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very rarely do we run 4 wr sets.***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We run a lot of plays out of this formation

Sep 19, 2016, 11:10 AM
Untitled.png(1.8 K)

Or sub the RB for a TE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We run a lot of plays out of this formation

Sep 19, 2016, 11:14 AM

True, but alot of times Leggett is the 4th 'WR'

Or "blocker"***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Or "blocker"***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Re: Do we run much true 4 WR sets?

Sep 19, 2016, 11:14 AM

I see a lot of trips formations but not many 4 WR sets. Does anyone else miss the pistol sets that Chad used to run? The pistol, coupled with pre-snap motion, assisted in the infamy of Tajh Boyd. I wish our co-OCs would use more motion and misdirection. Lately we have looked predictable, particularly every one of the screens that Nick ran last Saturday.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/5/8/3001603/inside-the-clemson-offense-pistol-formations-from-cus-offense

I miss seeing the pistol formation and jeet sweep. Both

Sep 19, 2016, 11:16 AM

worked well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we run much true 4 WR sets? ]

Then they have you right where they want you. The last two weeks and to some extent Auburn have been to limit game film. Teams who can't match up with us, we line up tell them what to expect and execute anyway. Then when we play the big games we line up tell you what to expect and then run a variation of the same play.

null

Sep 19, 2016, 11:19 AM

I hope you are right sir! I'm yearning for those Clemson fireworks!

Sep 19, 2016, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we run much true 4 WR sets? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Sep 19, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we run much true 4 WR sets? ]

This is the game plan, and will be the game plan.. play vanilla until we need to pack a punch. Auburn game would have normally had a few wrinkles thrown in (and did i.e. Wilkins and Lawrence on offense) but it was the first game. Once we start clicking, we are going to see all kinds of variation on some of theses things - we just haven't had to use yet really.

The bits we have shown, undoubtedly are designed to set up on tape and give people something to think about - for example, opposing coordinators now have a pass and a run with the jumbo package for teams to worry about. Watch a run by one of the big guys or something else in a must score situation... this is also true for all other packages we have seen I can guess.

Lest we forget we got to the National Championship last year and had plenty of different plays to do it.

It's all part of the plan! Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: TigerJB3®

Co-OCs took motion out bc it was slowing us down

Sep 19, 2016, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we run much true 4 WR sets? ]

Yet we dont seem any faster with the tempo. I agree, id like to see more eye candy from the offense.

Re: Co-OCs took motion out bc it was slowing us down

Sep 19, 2016, 11:29 AM

Do you guys agree with that sentiment, that pre-snap motion slowed us down? I always felt like when we were rolling, we were rolling. I used to love how Chad moved Sammy around and would utilize the screen to set up the dive and QB keeper.

Remember this bread & butter play?

idk why we don't

Sep 19, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Co-OCs took motion out bc it was slowing us down ]

See the Wildcat formation with Cain at QB and Wayne train, McCloud or FEASTER in the backfield.... That would be deadly

Replies: 14
| visibility 947
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic