Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Oline - A little bit of a Break?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,530

The Oline - A little bit of a Break?

Sep 24, 2016, 5:18 AM

I know it appears that we are not running ball but it looks like we need to CALL more running plays. We did average 4.1 a carry against tech when we did run. We have thrown the ball over 100 times in two games. The Oline appears to not quite gelling yet hasn't done that bad of job giving up only 2 sacks in 4 games and when we do run we aren't doing that bad of a job? Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ran the ball 90 % of the time on 1st downs. We need to

Sep 24, 2016, 5:27 AM

be less predictable.

Re: We ran the ball 90 % of the time on 1st downs. We need to

Sep 24, 2016, 5:55 AM

It also appeared at end of game when we needed to run ball and some clock we were getting nice clips 5, 7 yards.
Keep in mind, our 2 new starters actually played and started some games last year and we didn't hear any complaints?? I think the playing calling needs to be assessed?
Another interesting stat, Watsons numbers are almost identical to last years at this stage of season

Re: We ran the ball 90 % of the time on 1st downs. We need to

Sep 24, 2016, 7:07 AM

I don't understand why this continues to be a topic of discussion. It's clear this has been by design the first 4 games. The offense has been very basic because it hasn't needed to be more complex. We will see it open up next Saturday, especially with more time to prepare this week. Why show Louisville and FSU all our cards before we needed to?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, we will not pull it all out until the playoff.

Sep 24, 2016, 7:25 AM

We might not need it then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything in due time.

Sep 24, 2016, 7:23 AM [ in reply to We ran the ball 90 % of the time on 1st downs. We need to ]

When it is needed we will become unpredictable. So far we're 4-0 with everybody knowing what we were going to do much of the time. It's as if you don't know what stragetery even means.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everything in due time.

Sep 24, 2016, 7:34 AM

We are all in fo the long hall. Win and move on. You take away garbage time Tks and we win pretty handily. Yes the auburn game was a little to close, but we won. Most all teams have lost one or more games. We have shown we have great potential. It is had to get mo back when you lose it in a game. We get a comfortable lead and then we go in survival mode, back up mode or prevent d and hold on. We could accelerate and score 30-40 points and then put the subs in, including DW4. We are a fast pace team and we need to play that way. When we are behind we play some great football. By gosh, do it all the time. BEST Is STANDARD, DO IT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Oline - A little bit of a Break?

Sep 24, 2016, 7:55 AM

I think the running game is Wayne's fault he is stutter stepping in the backfield way to much not hitting the hole like he did last year so the o line can only block so long b4 it's called as holding. I think the pass blocking isn't bad at all just think we need to get the ball out faster and score alittle more

Re: The Oline - A little bit of a Break?

Sep 24, 2016, 7:57 AM

It seems there have been a few whiffed blocks, but when you look back to the Auburn game, they managed to create opportunities for Gallman against some pretty strong D linemen. We need more success in throwing to the tight end across the middle to keep the linebackers honest. Otherwise, I think they've taken what the defense will give. O line will be fine; still gelling a bit, but I fully expect them to dominate UL.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic