Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need some fan support at UNC. That stupid streak ends this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

We need some fan support at UNC. That stupid streak ends this year

Jan 8, 2020, 7:37 PM

I can feel it. If Clemson can find that offense and not turn the ball over alot. Hit free throws. Then I like.the odds. Basketball is a game of very few mistakes. One mistake can cost the whole team on the floor. Go tigers! End that streak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need some fan support at UNC. That stupid streak ends this year

Jan 8, 2020, 7:48 PM

I am watching UNC and Pitt as I type this. The streak will not end this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will be the game the 'Cheats put it all together

Jan 8, 2020, 7:52 PM

and go on a roll.

It is what it is.

And will be what it will be.

Jan 8, 2020, 7:54 PM

Sorry, I will be on an air boat and can not attend.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made an arrangment with my UNC friends...

Jan 9, 2020, 9:30 AM

We win in football and they get at least one B-Ball win against Clemson per year.

Since we only play UNC once this year, we will lose according to my agreement.

Will have to be another year when we play them twice.

Sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I hope you are right

Jan 9, 2020, 9:35 AM

I thought this in 1997 (or 1998) and had a rude awakening in my only trip to the Dean Dome.

Unfortunately, although UNC looks historically bad this year, I am concerned that the planets are not lining up well:

1) With the magnitude of the streak, we won't catch them napping
2) Roy is ripping the team in the media
3) Now they have home and overall losing streaks to break out of
4) Whatever NET ranking is has now put us in front of them

How much more motivation do they need? Sometimes there is a fine line, though, between having an overwhelming amount of motivation and just being overwhelmed. The streak has to happen sometime...hopefully it is this week. But I am not getting my hopes up.

Go Tigers! Behind you win or lose! Now go pile onto the Heels' misery and break this streak!

Re: Well I hope you are right

Jan 9, 2020, 9:44 AM

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28450190/tar-heels-looking-change-narrative-another-loss

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- After North Carolina dropped an ugly game to Georgia Tech on Saturday, coach Roy Williams said this was "the least gifted" team he has had. If the Tar Heels were going to use that comment for motivation, it didn't last Wednesday.

They blew a 14-point lead, dropped their second straight and seventh in the past 10, and fell to Pitt for the first time at home, 73-65. It was Pitt's first ACC road victory in more than two years.

After this season is over, the pundits will look back on it

Jan 9, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Well I hope you are right ]

and say that the Clemson game is where UNC began to right their ship. They took the momentum generated by that streak continuing win, and went on to a deep NCAA tournament run yet again. Clemson, meanwhile, went into a downward spiral after losing another in a series long string of heartbreakers in that game, and did not even make the NIT. But, before the season ended, it was announced that Brad Brownell would be returning as coach next year, which made one Clemson fan very happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After this season is over, the pundits will look back on it

Jan 9, 2020, 12:42 PM

I get it--you're trying to be the anti-prophet!

You're hoping that, for everything you said, the opposite will happen. That's why you had to finish with that little jab at Brownell and the one(s) that support him.

I would hate to disappoint so many fans, but in the '21-'22 season the Tigers under Brownell will challenge for the ACC regular season crown. And you will totally forget how badly you had wanted him gone.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:29 PM

The only way that streak will ever end is to have non ACC refs call the game. You can't win playing 8 against 5. I saw some statistics once that I wish I still had. Someone had researched the fouls called against Clemson during the UNC games and the points UNC scored from free shooting with all the other teams they play. It was ridiculously high - like 3 or 4 times higher than the average of all other fouls called on teams they play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic