Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out

Oct 13, 2019, 2:46 PM

Oklahoma will win out, the winner of Ohio St/ Penn St game is most likely going, and two SEC teams may be chosen over us due to “strength of schedule”. Not that cheering for a bad conference will do anything to change our plight, but not having to listen to retards getting on us people that do have brain cells would be nice. I don’t care about these other teams in the ACC either, but I and some others do know what this could mean like it has for a two year undefeated UCF team. Schedule matters!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out

Oct 13, 2019, 2:48 PM

Too much football left. Lots of teams will lose yet. If we win out, we r fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 2:52 PM

If Alabama loses to LSU, I can see a one loss Bama getting in over an undefeated Clemson if Oklahoma, Ohio St and LSU win out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 2:56 PM

So in that scenario who would Bama have beaten to give them the edge over an undefeated and conference champion Clemson with wins over two SEC teams?

And who is OU’S markee win? Texas?

Oct 13, 2019, 2:58 PM

So in that scenario who would Bama have beaten to give them the edge over an undefeated and conference champion Clemson with wins over two SEC teams?

And who is OU’S markee win? Texas?

AU would be their only ranked win. One to our none. Unless the ACC Coastal winner gets ranked.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

Hey I’m more nervous of Oklahoma this year than I am Bama. Whoever draws them will have their hands full. Bama will have to beat Auburn of course. I’m praying they lose to both and Florida beats Georgia, LSU smacks Florida like they should have last night in the SEC Championship.

Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out***

Oct 13, 2019, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

Oct 13, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

If a 1 loss Bama team were to get into the playoffs over an undefeated CLEMSON Team it would be one of the worst decisions IMO in college football. If we were to go undefeated 2 consecutive years and as the 2018 NC’s then be left out of the CFP’s because the committee selected a team based on the HC’s name, the school’s name and the conference they play in would destroy my faith in college football.

I am already certain the NBA and NFL are fixed for entertainment value and the millions of dollars the sports bring in. If we a screwed out of the playoffs it will be due to money and television ratings, not team performance.

Alabama beat A&M by 19 points we beat A&M by 14 points. However, I think we held A&M scoreless until we started subbing. Plus Bama’s schedule is not much different than ours. Their big game is LSU. Head to Head we are a better team than Bama. But because of conference affiliation CLEMSON could be left out of the playoffs. Especially if Oklahoma goes undefeated I think the committee would select them over Clemson to finally get a Big 12 team in the playoffs. ( A little wordy but I am sick of all of these sports guys falling all over nick saban, bama and the sec) Bama’s schedule is pretty easy except for LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

They’re not going to leave out the defending national champs if they’re undefeated. Relax.

....with a 28 game winning streak going....***

Oct 13, 2019, 6:59 PM

Scott Rhymer doesn't post

Oct 13, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

Thinning of the Herd each week for this.

2 years ago we heard the same thing

Oct 13, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

we could be undefeated and left out. We lost a game and still made the playoffs with one loss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 years ago we heard the same thing

Oct 13, 2019, 3:01 PM

Can you let me worry without all your positive happy mumbo jumbo?

Re: 2 years ago we heard the same thing

Oct 13, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to 2 years ago we heard the same thing ]

we could be undefeated and left out. We lost a game and still made the playoffs with one loss

As the #1 seed, no less.

Oct 13, 2019, 2:49 PM

We win out and we are in. Plain and simple.
I don’t think anyone on the cfp committee will vote to keep an undefeated national champion out.

Oct 13, 2019, 2:50 PM

You sure do put a lot of faith in this committee. Do you know any of them personally? Not attacking just asking.

the committee has put us in almost

Oct 13, 2019, 5:04 PM

Every CFP. I’m pretty confident in them so far

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Good!

Oct 13, 2019, 5:28 PM

We win. We are in. As has been posted: by the time the playoff is selected if we are undefeated we would have won 28 straight games. 28 straight games. Twenty-Eight. Two from 30 in a row!

Zero chance they leave a team with a National Title twice out of the last 3 years and 28 game winning streak out of the CFP. Zero chance under whatever wild scenario.

Ohio St. was left out and Bama put in two years ago b/c Ohio St. had losses! We wouldn't if we win out. See the difference? The committee has said, "winning your conference means more than anything" to them. So, it would be put up or shut up. Some have even said, "they didn't feel great about putting a team in that didn't even win it's own division" out in public. So, don't look for it to happen again! Especially over a team that would have won Twenty-Eight Straight football games!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2014, FSU was defending NC, had won 27 straight, & the CFP

Oct 13, 2019, 6:16 PM

committee ranked them 3rd in their final poll, behind two teams who each had a loss! Anything is possible! Not likely, but possible!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, you failed to mention

Oct 13, 2019, 6:29 PM

FSU had won the last BCS not the last playoff NC. The difference being - these same folks picked Clemson last year- then they witnessed the Tigers dominate two of the most storied programs in college football history!

Huge difference. Plus this - FSU last few games that year they were extremely shakey: 30-26 win versus unranked Miami. Then a 20-17 win versus un-ranked Boston College. Then a 24-19 win versus un-ranked Florida. Then they barely won the ACCCG by beating Georgia Tech 37-35.

But, they still got in. That is the point. I think our Tigers are just the opposite. We will be playing at a high level near the end of the year; not the opposite way around.

I prefer to be optimistic

Oct 13, 2019, 2:52 PM

In 1981, every team above us started falling like dominoes. Chin up--we don't know what will happen.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I prefer to be optimistic

Oct 13, 2019, 5:10 PM

And I still appreciate Pitt taking down the Dawgs shortly before we finished off the Cornhuskers that night!

You didn’t just get a job at ESPN did you?

Oct 13, 2019, 2:55 PM

Just kidding of course but we hear the same thing every year. It has gotten old and nobody should be buying into at this point. The committee does not think like a bunch of delusional fans or the sports analysts that pander to their wishful thinking.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 2:55 PM

Nope. We win we are in.

lol talking about other's brain cells while claiming

Oct 13, 2019, 2:57 PM

an undefeated P5 returning champion would not be in the top 4

Oct 13, 2019, 2:57 PM

We control our destiny. We win- were in. Simple. Period. End of conversation. There is no way the committee will take a one loss Non-conference champion over an undefeated conference champion. Haven't done it yet. Will not do it. Only way one conference gets two teams in is if one or several conferences have a one loss champion. So. If we win out - were in. Stop making Drama.......

Oct 13, 2019, 2:58 PM

I’ll bet your brain cells $10k we make it to the playoffs if we are undefeated, regardless of what happens to any other team. Put your money where your brain cells are.

Oct 14, 2019, 3:01 AM

People with brain cells don’t gamble

You may have a point but just enjoy this journey

Oct 13, 2019, 3:00 PM

and season man...this is rare territory...not saying you are not enjoying it but just suggesting to not worry about things we can’t control.

Not gonna happen

Oct 13, 2019, 3:01 PM

...when are TNET posters like you gonna stop creating drama and spazzing out?

Your assumption is just not logical. In fact, it's so unlikely that it's not even worth considering.

The CFP playoff will never ever leave out an undefeated Clemson.....like a 99.9% chance we make the CFP.

If we lose a game then you can start getting nervous.

Until then...just relax.

Not even a chance***

Oct 13, 2019, 3:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I'll take that bet allllllll day***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we seriously have to read a post about this EVERY week?

I'm not even sure these are real people posting this crap. Seems like a bot is posting this stuff. It's ridiculous.

An undefeated Clemson isn't missing out on the playoffs. Not this year, and not any year.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If we win out

Oct 13, 2019, 3:39 PM

we are in the playoffs. Zero % chance otherwise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 3:47 PM

Nope not true

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 3:50 PM

Mark my words: either or both of Oklahoma and Ohio State will lose a game.

Some of you would be a lot happier

Oct 13, 2019, 3:51 PM

if you'd quit listening to media blowhards as though they're authorities on anything. Last year they stumped for Georgia to get in. Did they? No, they did not. Their job is to get eyes and clicks, and they will say whatever asinine thing they need to say to get people talking about how stupid they are. Stop watching and listening, they're all full of ####.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am zero worried. If we win out, I am completely

Oct 13, 2019, 3:51 PM

confident that the committee includes a defending champion riding a 28 game winning streak in the playoffs.

Zero worried. We just have to take care of business and stay sharp. We have to assume we have no room for a slip-up.

null

Oct 13, 2019, 4:37 PM

There is no better brand in college football than Clemson right now. That will not happen.

"Oklahoma will win out." And Uga was going

Oct 13, 2019, 4:55 PM

to beat uscjr in Athens. Stuff happens every year. If we win out we're fine.

Stop. Relax. Step away from the ledge !!!

Oct 13, 2019, 5:01 PM

Please. Enjoy the ride. Aaaaasaagaaain!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% Wrong.....An Undefeated Conf Champ is IN over 1-Loss

Oct 13, 2019, 5:30 PM

Team all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 5:30 PM

https://www.espn.com.br/watch/player?id=27821603

Oct 13, 2019, 6:15 PM

Absurd, far-fetched hypotheticals & a humorous overreaction-

Oct 13, 2019, 6:26 PM

Someone has been listening to Heather Dinich way too much. Stop listening to Finkbomb and Sammich.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:26 PM

Most folks here are in complete denial of the current ground swell against us. We can easily get left out and it’ll be done without much of an explanation. Just hope everybody but us loses multiple games.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:53 PM

Nm

Oct 13, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: We may get left out of the playoffs even if we win out ]

Won't happen. The committee has a protocol they go by... The first thing listed in that... Championships. An undefeated champion will never be left out unless all 5 Power 5 Conference Champions are all undefeated and then they have to truly decide by SOS. But a one loss team with no conference championship will never go in over an undefeated conference champion.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2016/10/24/selection-committee-protocol.aspx

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are COMPARABLE, then the following criteria must be considered:

Championships won
Strength of schedule
Head?to?head competition (if it occurred)
Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Some of the guidelines and protocols expected to be established to guide the committee would include, but not be limited to, the following:

While it is understood that committee members will take into consideration all kinds of data including polls, committee members will be required to discredit polls wherein initial rankings are established before competition has occurred

Any polls that are taken into consideration by the selection committee must be completely open and transparent to the public;

Strength of schedule, head?to?head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie?breakers between teams that look similar;

Committee members associated with any team under consideration during the selection process will be required to recuse themselves from any deliberations associated with that team;

.... So key word there, stated multiple times.. COMPARABLE. A one loss team without a conference championship is NOT comparable with an undefeated conference champion.

Oct 14, 2019, 5:10 AM

You’re making way too much sense. Cut it out. Doesn’t follow the drama narrative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha this is funny.***

Oct 13, 2019, 9:19 PM

Oct 14, 2019, 5:24 AM

Oct 14, 2019, 6:03 AM

We have no chance of being left out if we are undefeated. Zilch

Replies: 51
| visibility 1