Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spring Practice: Taylor Moving To Running Back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mar 24, 2008, 7:23 PM

James Davis will miss rest of spring with injured shoulder. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incoming...***

Mar 24, 2008, 7:25 PM

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot***

Mar 24, 2008, 7:27 PM

We lost two running backs this spring so

Mar 24, 2008, 7:47 PM

the move makes sense. But it will be hard to share the ball between 6 RB's next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We lost two running backs this spring so

Mar 24, 2008, 9:41 PM

who's the other injured running back?

Not another injury . . .

Mar 24, 2008, 9:43 PM

Sadat Chambers moved back to safety.

Davis has a bum shoulder and is done for spring, maybe

Mar 25, 2008, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: We lost two running backs this spring so ]

that has something to do with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

nice kit. yours?***

Mar 26, 2008, 10:21 AM

Photobucket

Re: Spring Practice: Taylor Moving To Running Back

Mar 24, 2008, 8:10 PM

James continues to injure that shoulder. I hope this doesn't hurt his draft status next year. I don't want him to get labeled "injury prone"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he is going to miss spring anyway, why not get that thing

Mar 25, 2008, 8:41 AM

surgically repaired? I assumed he would have surgery this offseason. How long does it take to recover from a shoulder related surgery? It seems as if his shoulder never gets fully healed before he hurts it again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation: we have no clue what position he should play***

Mar 25, 2008, 12:27 PM

No room for Ray Ray?

Mar 25, 2008, 8:36 PM

I thought Tommy said that there was no room at running back, so he told Ray Ray! What is up with that!
When did all the openings come up?
The injured backs in spring practice?
HUH?

Re: No room for Ray Ray?

Mar 25, 2008, 8:58 PM

don't tell Phil Taylor. He'll blow this whole thing out of proportion before getting all available information concerning the issue.

Mar 26, 2008, 8:36 AM [ in reply to No room for Ray Ray? ]

I guess we finally realized having someone at fullback that is over 210 lbs is a MUST! Hopefully rendrick will be the guy that can get 2 or 3 yards every time. I wouldnt expect much more than that, but it would be nice to have that size to punch in those 3rd and short situations. I hated watching our team settle for field goals in previous seasons because we had no fullback. Does anyone remember Jasmin? We havnt had a true fullback since him really. Clemson has more RB's than we need. What about Harper? He wants to be gone in 3 years, and thats not going to happen unless he gets playing time also. Davis, Spiller(should not be a running back in my opinion, maybe WR), Taylor, Harper(four star recruit), Andre Ellington(also a four star recruit). Geez, I dont know why these guys keep coming to Clemson with all of the competition. We are very solid at RB, but hopefully Taylor will make a difference at FB, he certainly has the size.

Mar 27, 2008, 2:11 AM

Chad Diehl 6-2 250 lbs. There's our Fullback. Bowden will find a place for Taylor, but it's not fullback... we really don't even use a fullback anyway although I personally think we should.

As far as the other RB's are concerned... Davis is our man... shoulder problems aside. Spiller is our #2. Harper and Ellington are new recruits, and they will contribute, soon. No need to get all worked up about having too many running backs at this point. We run a 2 back offense usually, and we just recruited 2 - 4 star RB's to backup Davis & Spiller, and you think we have more RB's than we need? I disagree.

Mar 27, 2008, 9:06 AM

I agree that we normally run a two back system, but I think the two back system should incorporate a 1 HB and 1 FB is all im saying. And we have plenty of guys to fill the HB slot. I really dont understand why we dont use a FB more though. We really didnt have any type of power formation last year. A lot of people consider Davis a power back, but he is not. Sure he's got more punch than spiller, but heck 90% of the people on the field can hit harder than he can. I consider a power back someone over 6 feet tall and at least 240 lbs. If you have that and a good push from your O line, no more comming up short on 3rd and 1. So I agree with you, I would like to see a FB used as well.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic