Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We lost that game because one player fell asleep multiple
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,275

We lost that game because one player fell asleep multiple

Feb 10, 2015, 9:09 PM

times. He got taken into the lane, camped out looking around and let his man fade back out to the 3 point line.

It cost us 12 pts..... Falling asleep on plays by one player cost the Tigers a win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: We lost that game becasue one player fell asleep multiple

Feb 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Bingo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2015, 9:12 PM

Completely agree. And don't forget that last second 3 they made to pull within 2 at the half: also a product of that aforementioned one player who couldn't keep up with his man.

Take away that basket and we win. By 1. So, either way you shake it: that one player cost is this game.

Feb 10, 2015, 9:15 PM

Lost the game because ND is better at basketball than Clemson ...as a team. More talented and deeper .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 10, 2015, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: We lost that game becasue one player fell asleep multiple ]

That's your opinion. We don't know how his shoulder was feeling over if he had the flu like Roper did on Saturday. He did look more sluggish tonight. How many games has he helped win by shutting down his man when the match-up wasn't so one-sided?, by driving into the lane and getting a basket or getting fouled and making his free throws. His talent is limited but his heart and defensive effort are not. He never came out of the game tonight. If BB made a mistake by giving him a man he couldn't handle that's not his fault but I'll defer to BB's judgment over yours any day and I'll go to battle with the afore-unmentioned anytime because I know he won't complain (like someone I don't know), he'll just hold his head up and try even harder.

Re: We lost that game because one player fell asleep multiple

Feb 10, 2015, 10:04 PM

What about the player that threw 2 lazy passes that led directly to four points on two uncontested layups by Notre Dame.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^^THIS IS WHY THE TIGERS LOST^^^^

Feb 11, 2015, 8:36 AM

He has been a big disappointment in his time at Clemson...very athletic, but not much at hoops.

Feb 10, 2015, 10:12 PM

What keeping in a FR who obviously was out of sorts all game. Made careless TOs and could not dribble tonight.
Coach BB should have seen that tonight was not DGs night.

Watched the game. Shocked that so many of you are willing to place

Feb 11, 2015, 9:09 AM

a loss on one player. Please.
Do you all think we were aggressive enough in driving the lane? One game with few foul calls is an anomaly, 2 games you have to look at your play.
Did this one player turn over the ball all 12 or 13 times? How about 2 of our starters combining for 1-15 shooting?
Our guys played hard last night and lost to the #10 team in the country. I was proud of what they did, and frustrated by the loss.

I will not ever place a Clemson team loss on one player. Y'all need to check yourselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Watched the game. Shocked that so many of you are willing to place

Feb 11, 2015, 9:36 AM

I agree. Nnoko has been almost nonexistent lately, Grantham and Roper combine for peanuts, Harrison throws the ball to Grant for 4 garbage points under 2 minutes to go. Big men didn't box out to allow 6 second chance points under 4 minutes. Guys played well but each contributed to the loss.

Feb 11, 2015, 9:16 AM

LUCKILY FOR NOTRE DAME THEY PLAYED A PERFECT GAME WITH NO MISTAKES. EVERY TEAM MAKES MISTAKES. THEY ARE MAGNIFIED WHEN THEY ARE YOUR GUYS. DANTE SCORED ZERO POINTS BUT HAVENT SEEN HIM DOGGED. FACT OF THE MATTER IS OUR "TEAM" PLAYED PRETTY #### WELL AGAINST THE #10 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY AND COULD AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WON. HAD WE WON WONDER WHICH PLAYER NOTRE DAME FANS WOULD BE BUSTRACKING TODAY. YOU WIN AND LOSE AS A TEAM.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2015, 9:22 AM

Will they let us go dancing if we shoulda coulda won?

Feb 11, 2015, 9:28 AM

ANYONE THAT THOUGHT THIS WAS EVER A TOURNEY TEAM IS DELUSIONAL AT BEST. THIS IS A GOOD TEAM THAT WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER AND HOPEFULLY MAKE THE NIT. NEXT YEAR WITH MORE EXPERIENCE AND BETTER GUARD PLAY I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED IF WE DONT MAKE THE TOURNEY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grantham and Roper go a combined 1-15 with 2 points

Feb 11, 2015, 9:26 AM

and you're blaming the game on Rod Hall? Seems about right. Hall gets way too much grief on here. The guy plays the most minutes (by far) and has the ball in his hands most of the game. Of course he is going to have some turnovers. He is also the only guy on our team who can occasionally take the ball to the hoop off the dribble. Is he the best? No. But he certainly isn't the worst. I guess we always need a scapegoat on all our teams and he just happens to fill that role this year.

Feb 11, 2015, 11:11 AM

This reminds me

Feb 11, 2015, 11:14 AM

Of football season, when Cole was given the blame for the losses. Granted, I believe Cole was majorly to blame Bc of his constant bad decision making, and also predicted it from the time he was announced as starter. But I didn't expect this from Grantham. Especially after all the off season talk, he is a true freshmen tho

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,275
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic