Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 139
| visibility 1

We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons

Jun 28, 2019, 10:50 AM

When it comes to football. The two conferences are not close to each. Stop deluding yourselves into believing that we play in a competitive conference. Just based off draft picks.

SEC: 64
ACC: 28

It becomes obvious how bad the ACC when you look at recruiting. A lot of people on this board ridicule South Carolina for getting 3 star players. Well, what do you think most of the teams in this conference sign? Only 3 star players.

Clemson: 1, 10, 7, 16, 11
Syracuse: 70, 55, 50, 54, 62
N.C State: 25, 29, 26, 53, 50
Boston C: 42, 63, 71, 67, 78
Wake For: 37, 56, 64, 68, 57
Florida St: 13, 19, 11, 6, 3
Louisville: 21, 70, 30, 34, 33

Pittsburg: 26, 57, 46, 37, 30
Georgia Tech: 20, 51, 54, 48, 60
Miami: 9, 27, 8, 12, 22
Virginia: 50, 39, 59, 58, 63
Virginia Tech: 88, 26, 24, 26, 42
Duke: 56, 49, 63, 47, 33
North Carolina: 18, 32, 20, 29, 32

Those are terrible recruiting rankings. Care to guess how many top 150 players each team has signed over the last 4 seasons?

Clemson: 27
Syracuse: 0
NC State: 2
Boston C: 0
Wake For: 0
Florida St: 26
Louisville: 0

Pittsburgh: 1
Georgia T: 0
Miami: 14
Virginia: 0
Virginia T: 2
Duke: 1
North Car: 3

If you exclude Clemson, Florida State, and Miami, then the rest of the ACC has only signed 9 top 150 players over a 4 year span. That’s 11 teams. Hell, 6 of them haven’t even signed a top 150 player.

This conference is not good. Clemson’s schedule is not challenging. We have 5 star QBs throwing to 5 star WRs that are being guarded by 3 star DBs. We have to stop this comparison. The ACC is weak. The ACC does not have a lot of talent. The ACC is not a good football conference. We can’t in one breath say that recruiting matters while ignoring the facts that I just laid out. Stop making Clemson fans look delusional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons

Jun 28, 2019, 11:03 AM

Yet the ACC still has a winning record vs the SEC over the last five years. In 2016 there ACC was the best conference and it wasn't close Oh and the ACC Atlantic has had more draft picks than the East four out of five years. The West is ridiculously loaded with talent but still has a bunch of mediocre teams. Put Alabama in the ACC and it's the best conference guaranteed. You're a moron.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:21 AM

Hahahaha look at this argument, “well, the Atlantic had more draft picks than the East in 4 of the last 5 drafts.” You just compared the worst division in the SEC to the best division in the ACC to make your point valid hahahaha. That’s so embarrassing and disingenuous.

He did the same thing you did.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:41 PM

Used a specific set of data to make a useless point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He did the same thing you did.

Jun 28, 2019, 3:51 PM

You mean recruiting? Should we pretend like recruiting isn’t the most important factor? The ACC is a bad conference because most teams in the conference are bad at recruiting. It’s really that simple. The argument is over given the fact that Syracuse is the 2nd best team in our conference.

He did the same thing you did.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Used a specific set of data to make a useless point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

All this shows is how dominate Clemson is in the ACC and

Jun 28, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

college football. Break down Clemson and the each sec school and compare apples to apples. Sure I want the ACC to do well but all I really care about is Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then why did you poast about something you say we should

Jun 28, 2019, 11:05 AM

stop poasting about?

Screw Calford.

Re: Then why did you poast about something you say we should

Jun 28, 2019, 11:07 AM

Because coot?

Jun 28, 2019, 11:07 AM

Whatever you say coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 11:09 AM

I’m a junior at Clemson. Nice rebuttal though. Really hit me hard on that one.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:10 AM

Suuure

Jun 28, 2019, 11:29 AM

I am a Secondary Education (History) major.

Good luck with those student loans***

Jun 28, 2019, 1:38 PM

Re: Good luck with those student loans***

Jun 28, 2019, 3:55 PM

Thanks. I’ll probably have my loans paid for by teaching at a low socioeconomic school for 5 years. I’m also an EMT, and I’ll maintain a part time status while I’m teaching. I’ll probably work two weekends a month and also every summer. I’ll do that until I start making more money through coaching.

Great. So that means...

Jun 29, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

you are foolish enough to idolize communists and communism IN AMERICA, the nation that has proven what a disaster that system is by comparison... AND you’re going to be teaching our children.

Awesome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great. So that means...

Jun 30, 2019, 11:05 AM

I don’t idolize communists. And there’s not a chance that communism would be taught in a high school social studies class in the United States, especially not by me lol.

He's not a coot

Jun 28, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

he's a commie.

(They're coots that don't even have enough money to buy meth.)

Jun 28, 2019, 11:09 AM

The only thing that will stop this plethora of anti-SEC posts will be some kind of news - good or bad - coming out of Athens or Columbia. Much like a shiny object, that will distract folks here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 11:11 AM

You have no say dwag. Your team plays in one of the worst divisions in college football

Jun 28, 2019, 11:14 AM

We'll just have to disagree that a division with UGA, UF, Mizzou, KY, TN, SC, and Vandy is worse than one with Miami, GA Tech, Va Tech, VA, Pitt, Duke, and UNC.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:30 AM

The Coastal is the worst division in the power 5 lol. Not a single team from that division won 8 games last year.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:44 AM

Both Virginia and Duke won 8 games. Both finished 8-5.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:49 AM

True, I didn’t count their bowl wins. So, you had two 8-5 teams (Virginia and Duke) atop the Coastal Division. Let’s just pretend like they are good teams for a year.

Jun 28, 2019, 9:31 PM

At least UVA beat S.Car 28-0

Jun 28, 2019, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Is that much different than looking at the most recent 2 years which led to 4 coach changes for this next year (UNC, Miami, Louisville, and GT...3 of the 4 being in the division you are talking about? 2016, you can read yourself articles on NCAA.com, SI.com, 247Sports, and SBNation stating ACC was the best conference that year and took it from the SEC. Funny certain sets of people are jumping quick on the down year of the ACC.

However, glad you can assume those coaching changes will mean nothing this next year.

Hey LegHumper, it's 4th down...

Jun 28, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Time to start cringing at the play call. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey LegHumper, it's 4th down...

Jun 28, 2019, 1:07 PM

Yet another well thought out, witty response.

Perception..

Jun 28, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

No1 would post anti sec propaganda if sec homerism would stop.

It's only going to get worse when the acc starts putting a bunch of homers in their network and morons start believing it.

Perception..

Jun 28, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

No1 would post anti sec propaganda if sec homerism would stop.

It's only going to get worse when the acc starts putting a bunch of homers in their network and morons start believing it.

Pot calling kettle black at this point

Jun 28, 2019, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Hard to read that with a straight face when the lead SEC talking head has talked more about Clemson than any SEC program for weeks.

Jun 28, 2019, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Like counterfeit money? Training at Fort Jackson? Just thinking of some mythical subjects coming out of said cities that we might could discuss here. What you think?

STOP

Jun 28, 2019, 11:10 AM

telling me what to do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, lets just compare Clemson to scar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 11:22 AM

Exactly. This is the only comparison that matters. People need to stop making our fan base look delusional by comparing the ACC to the SEC. Just compare Clemson to South Carolina and call it a day.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:25 AM

Clemson is on top of the football world. Best team, best player, best incoming player, best recruiting class, no one in their conference within 2 touchdowns of them, defending champs, favored to repeat. Literally, things couldn't be better for Clemson fans. Still, the obsession with all things SEC. Inexplicable.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:31 AM

I’m trying to get them to stop. I’ve been dealing with this debate for over a decade.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:48 AM

You'll be branded a Troll.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:50 AM

I’ve already been branded a coot. If only they knew lol.

Over a decade? Aren't you a junior (around 20 years old)?

Jun 28, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Did you start your involvement in this debate when you were 9?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over a decade? Aren't you a junior (around 20 years old)?

Jun 28, 2019, 12:49 PM

I don't think he thought that comment through. LOL!

Re: Over a decade? Aren't you a junior (around 20 years old)?

Jun 28, 2019, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Over a decade? Aren't you a junior (around 20 years old)? ]

I’m 28. I waited to go to college. I wasn’t ready when I left high school 10 years ago.

Jun 28, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

You've been dealing with the debate for a decade but you are a junior at Clemson. I went back to school and graduated when I was 40, but I don't see someone going back to school at a late age for a history degree. A lot of us have been listening to Georgia's ankle biters since it was actually a rivalry long before I am guessing that you were born. Some of us even believe that top to bottom that the SEC is better at football, but I personally do not think that there is the huge gap that you argue. Your leghumper buddy keeps trying to put down the ACC by saying that we are 2 touchdowns better than every other team. We are a 3 touchdown favorite against the preseason number 4 team in the SEC and we just beat the best the SEC had to offer by 4 TD's. We actually might be cycling out before we find out about Georgia, because they have been eating coot bones since 1980 and choking on every dang one.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:11 AM

I’m getting an Education degree. Also, I have classes with a 50 year old that is getting the same degree as me.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Who other than you are within four TD's of Bama. So you are a two team conference? Congrats!

Everything you just posted could be posted

Jun 28, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

About bama as well..

Does that mean the sec sucks?

Re: Everything you just posted could be posted

Jun 28, 2019, 10:58 PM

Bingo. There was no team in regular season that even came close to beating them... Heck, #6 ending LSU lost to them 29-0. What a challenge!!!

Jun 28, 2019, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Actually we could just compare Clemson to both the whole ACC & SEC and come out on top. Neither conference is actually elite (sorry SEC homers). Alabama nor Clemson have a really tough schedule, yet they’re still the two best teams in the country with Oklahoma a fairly distant third (hey, UGA, Texas says “hello”). Nothing else really matters.

Developing players and results are more important than recruiting. 3 national titles in the last 6 years for ACC. More to come.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:40 PM

Correct. I think the commie's stats reflect the superior coaching in the ACC. You mean the ACC had 28 players drafted, but practically no players that were in the top 150 other than Clemson.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:15 AM

Maybe the ACC does more with less because of better coaching?

Jun 28, 2019, 11:22 AM

So, all you did is prove that the SEC has terrible coaches and the teams are not able to put the talent together with the will and know how to win against the ACC! Most will admit that the SEC is the best recruiting conference (by the rating services, which favor SEC talent after committing), but recruiting is only part of the winning formula. Apparently, the SEC must have terrible coaches at developing all of that talent! Since the ACC has a winning record against the SEC since the CFP format was started, then the ACC does a better job of developing that talent! What makes a better team in Football? Winning, not recruiting!

So, yes we do need to compare the conferences in overall programs, and the ACC is better than the SEC in the CFP era, not even counting the last year of BCS, where FSU beat Auburn for the title.

And, as was pointed out by an SEC homer, the Tigers have run roughshod over the rest of the ACC the last few years, which implied that the rest of the ACC were clowns...Yet, Alabama has run roughshod over the rest of the SEC the last few years...doesn't that mean that the rest of the SEC are also clowns? And since our top team, demolished their top team, doesn't that imply that their clowns are worse than our clowns?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 11:46 AM

No.

Just go down the list. Team for team, and let’s see who is better.

Clemson vs Bama
Syracuse vs TAMU
NC State vs LSU
Boston C vs Miss St
Wake For vs Auburn
Florida St vs Ole Miss
Louisville vs Arkansas

Pittsburg vs Georgia
Georgia T vs Kentucky
Virginia vs Florida
Miami vs South Car
Virginia T vs Missouri
Duke vs Vanderbilt
North Car vs Tennessee

Let’s be objective here. Outside of Clemson, who else are you picking?

Jun 28, 2019, 12:05 PM

You can look at the teams all you want, but all that matters is the results on the field. The ACC has more wins than losses against the SEC since the playoff format was set up. And including the year before the CFP, then we have 3 championships to 2 for the SEC the last six years. And the two by the SEC was by the same team, Alabama! So it would appear that the only hat the SEC has is Alabama! One team and a bunch of pretenders (clowns). Those numbers speak even louder considering the stats you spew about how many draftees come from the conferences. The only way those numbers can make sense is if the SEC can't coach!

Your numbers for recruiting back up the one and only fact...the SEC has out recruited the ACC the last few years...But they have not won on the field! How is it determined who has the best team? By winning! So the FACT is, the ACC has beaten the SEC the last few years, so they are a better conference in football. Your insistence to the contrary really does bring your allegiance into question!

Jun 28, 2019, 12:31 PM

Since you like facts, the SEC was 6-4 vs the ACC last year and 3 of those ACC wins were by Clemson. Clemson is very good. The rest of the ACC, not so much. You can rail about recruiting and development all you want. These are the facts.

Jun 28, 2019, 1:30 PM

You are right about last year, a down year for the ACC. But as long as we are looking, the ACC is 28-26 over the SEC during the 2014 - now seasons... So if you look at the CFP era, the ACC is better than the SEC. If your argument for one season holds for you, then the same argument for the last five also holds! You cited the on-the-field results for the last year, I cited the on-the-field results for the last five years...The ACC is better! By your own argument! And since you like to point out that the ACC is all Clemson, where would the SEC be without Alabama?

I'll take Duke, VT, Miami, Louisville, FSU & BC

Jun 28, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Including Clemson over Bama, that makes it 7-7. Yep...pretty even, and you are the one the picked the match-ops!

Jun 28, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

No.

Just go down the list. Team for team, and let’s see who is better.

Clemson vs Bama
Syracuse vs TAMU
NC State vs LSU
Boston C vs Miss St
Wake For vs Auburn
Florida St vs Ole Miss
Louisville vs Arkansas

Pittsburg vs Georgia
Georgia T vs Kentucky
Virginia vs Florida
Miami vs South Car
Virginia T vs Missouri
Duke vs Vanderbilt
North Car vs Tennessee

Let’s be objective here. Outside of Clemson, who else are you picking?

Funny you add that... Try Virginia vs South Carolina...28-0 ring a bell? Must have put it the way you did for a reason, huh? Didn't want to show the real one...

Jun 28, 2019, 11:24 PM

So you noticed that too?

Jun 29, 2019, 8:30 AM

Stop with the childish "you smell like a coot!" accusations.

It's called 'omitting the data that didn't fit the agenda'. You do it, too. So does Fox, so does CNN.

Are they coots, too ?

Jun 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

If he can put Clemson with Bama, he can put low tier South Carolina with Virginia, who have played each other 36 times and SCar has the historical record, instead of sticking Virginia with a team they've only played once in history. Or even better, if you want to play true match up, why not just match up where each stood in standings, SEC West vs ACC Atlantic...SEC East vs ACC Coastal... Which would have paired Miami with Florida (both finished 3rd in their division) as well as South Carolina and Virginia (both finished 4th in their division)??? Looks like an intentional avoiding...that a coot would do, and a Tiger wouldn't.

Jun 30, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

But calling someone a coot ( whatever that is ) is so easy when there are no valid points in someone's small brain to dish out. It's a comfortable fall back for many here. Youngins . .

Jun 30, 2019, 12:32 PM

He’s mad because I put Virginia ahead of Miami. I did this because Virginia went 8-5 while Miami went 7-6. Meanwhile, the entire point went over his head. Virginia beat South Carolina and Clemson best Alabama. That’s the only proof they need.

Let’s ignore the fact that the best teams in the SEC are:

Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, and Florida.

While the best ACC teams are:

Clemson, Syracuse, NC State, Virginia, and Miami.

People on this board want to keep pretending like the SEC isn’t superior to the ACC. It’s weird, because that argument shouldn’t even matter. Let’s just state the facts. Clemson is better than Alabama and South Carolina. But, Alabama and South Carolina play in a more superior conference. Both can be true. And they are.

Jun 29, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

The funny part is you'd think automatically, you'd put FSU vs Florida (the in state rivalry and the one where each team has at one time went from strong to bad), or Miami vs Florida... They are after all in the same strong recruiting state and complete for recruiting with each other. But no, he intentionally lines up Miami with South Carolina, likely since they beat Miami in 2014...And avoids the real matchup that just happened of two lower tier teams of each where one got their butt handed to them by 4 TD's. ??

Jun 29, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Yes, if you look at the East/West and Atlantic/Coastal standings last year, you’ll notice what I did.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:20 AM

I did....question is, did you? Compare based on their actual sites... Where it shows Pitt as the top of the Coastal, the team that did in fact play Clemson in the ACC Championship.
http://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=football
https://www.secsports.com/standings/football

Guess what that does....pairs South Carolina with Virginia, and Miami with Florida.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:24 AM

Virginia went 8-5, Miami went 7-6. That is why I switched them.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:23 AM

So when I analyze the data presented and combine it with results of head-to-head competition on the field, the only logical conclusion is the ACC must have significantly better coaching than the SEC. Either that, or the ACC wins by having smarter players.

Or stars aren't as objective as they might lead us to

Jun 28, 2019, 4:26 PM

believe.

Smarter Players

Jun 29, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Much of the recruiting rankings depends on number of players. How much has the SEC recruiting rankings benefited by losing players to poor off field and classroom behavior?

Jun 28, 2019, 11:27 AM

Rankings don't always tell the story...

Example:
South Carolina: 12, 17, 18, 21, 25
Virginia: 50, 39, 59, 58, 63

ACC Virginia 28 - SEC South Carolina 0 (2018 bowl game final score)

Clemson: 1, 10, 7, 16, 11
Alabama: 2, 1, 5, 1, 1

ACC Clemson 44 - SEC Alabama 16 (2018 National Championship final score)

Yeah

Jun 28, 2019, 4:27 PM

And I like your story a lot better than the commie's.

Sec apologists troll attempt. What’s the record on the field

Jun 28, 2019, 11:37 AM

Head up between conferences over the last 4
Years?

You sound like some idiot on my TV talking about SEC defense and SEC speed.

"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

Jun 28, 2019, 11:39 AM

(or Trotsky)....you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow"---John Lennon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

Jun 28, 2019, 11:51 AM

What’s a Mao?

Jun 28, 2019, 1:13 PM

LOL! I thought you said you were a junior in college.

Jun 28, 2019, 4:03 PM

It’s called a joke lol. My username is Leon Trotsky. I obviously know all the other famous communist leaders of the 20th century. More of a fan of Deng Xiaoping than Mao though.

Jun 29, 2019, 6:32 AM

A quick Google search never hurt anybody, huh?

Says the Communist, Marxist, and Coot fan.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:58 AM

Keep deluding yourself with your silly little propaganda

Please understand that nobody with a brain makes posts like you just did either.

P.S. November is right around the corner...beat-down #6 in a row is coming.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Says the Communist, Marxist, and Coot fan.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:07 PM

I’m not a coot fan though.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:18 PM

Your actions and insistence of not looking at the facts tend to say you are a coot. Only a coot would look at the record on the field and then come back with the opposite conclusion and try to give one sided data to prove their point. When you look at all the aspects of a college football TEAM, the ACC is better than the SEC over the last few years! All of the talk about the ACC being too easy, does not hold water when you look at 28-0 by mediocre Virginia over Coots. Or our best against your best, 44-16 (and could have scored more easily...Nicky and those fabulous 5 star players gave up!).

You need to quit listening to the SEC homers and start doing your own research on all facets of the game, with emphasis on winning!

Jun 28, 2019, 12:21 PM

"When you look at all the aspects of a college football TEAM, the ACC is better than the SEC over the last few years! "

Umm what? Care to share some stats? The ACC is inferior as a football conference and it's not even close...

Showing up to a Gun Fight with a knife is no way to

Jun 28, 2019, 12:34 PM

...get through life.

2019 Belk Bowl: UVA 28, Coots 0.

Bottom-dwelling ACC team shuts out bottom-dwelling SEC team.

Coots, 0-2 vs. the ACC in 2019.

National Championship: Clemson 44, Alabama 16.

Best ACC easily beats best SEC team.

....and the beat goes on.

Re: Showing up to a Gun Fight with a knife is no way to

Jun 28, 2019, 12:35 PM

Put your pellet gun away and present real stats.

Jun 28, 2019, 3:23 PM

Super lame.

Jun 28, 2019, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Showing up to a Gun Fight with a knife is no way to ]

Clemson is clearly the best team in either conference but you're seriously holding up a Coot loss as proof of ACC superiority?

Jun 28, 2019, 3:22 PM

Not at all, and neither was I holding up a UVA win as such.

But combined with Clemson's manhandling the same 'Bama team that steamrolled the entire SEC (-minus UGA) it does seem to indicate that your fellow SEC troll's claim that the ACC is a vastly inferior conference is hilariously inept.

Clemson fans don't make outlandish claims about conference superiority like SEC fans. We let our team do the talking...not other teams.

Yay...UVA, DUKE, and UNC in basketball!!!

Every other basketball conference is a complete CLOWN SHOW......haha. Jeez...SEC fans have an inferiority complex the size of Texas and we're all having lots of fun with it lately.

Jun 28, 2019, 4:07 PM

Doesn't bother me a bit to admit the ACC is and has been superior to the SEC in basketball. You guys aren't "having fun" with the SEC. You're obsessed with it. You're the champs. Let it go.

Jun 29, 2019, 6:07 AM

What universe are you living in???

If SEC fans didn't have inferiority complex's the size of Texas, UGA fans wouldn't be on Tigernet trying to convince Clemson fans how great your conference is.

Put your $$$ where your mouth is. It's pretty pathetic. This is your invitation to get off Tigernet and to quit embarrassing yourself.

Jun 29, 2019, 10:24 AM

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm pusing back on the argument that the ACC is the better football conference. If there is an inferiority complex, it's with Clemson fans. Don't believe me? Just watch the never ending threads about UGA, SC, the SEC, or Finebaum.

Jun 28, 2019, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Showing up to a Gun Fight with a knife is no way to ]

What a pathetic attempt at a put-down.

UVA was the class of the Coastal when their frontline DBs were healthy, but like most ACC teams had no depth. That's why they went 4-4 in conference play. ("Bottom dwellers"?) Once they got them healthy again, they were a serious football team. With a chip on their shoulder.

Meanwhile, Mus' boys have learned to be a typical SEC program re. going bowling: "we're glad for our fans to get to go to Charlotte, glad to have earned this reward as opposed to staying home, grateful for the opportunity to give our freshmen some extra practice reps, but our best players are setting out the game and we really don't have anything to prove by winning this game."

If you say, it doesn't matter, because the result of the game still counts--you're right.

If you say, the SEC attitude stinks, and is disrespectful of the game, their opponents, their fans and ultimately themselves--again, i agree with you.

But if you say that the bowl game where a highly motivated and underrated ACC team thrashed a pathetic excuse for an SEC team should cancel out all the rest of the season results involving the 2 conferences, you're smoking Danny's good stuff.

The ACC is something like 24-22 against the SEC, over the

Jun 28, 2019, 10:21 PM

past four years! Knowing that, how can you say the SEC is vastly superior, by any stretch of the imagination!! I would say the ACC's #1 is certainly superior to the SEC's #1, and the SEC's #2 is probably superior to the ACC's #2. The rest of the two leagues are fairly equal!

Re: The ACC is something like 24-22 against the SEC, over the

Jun 29, 2019, 12:57 AM

Don't kid yourself.

Take away both #1s, Clemson and Alabama. Now the ACC is only 14-18, and most losses are blowouts. (Clemson has 10 of the ACC's 24 wins; Bama only has 4.)

Additionally, the ACC's success rests chiefly on strong results on rivalry weekend, and your highlighting the last 4 (or 5) years is intentional: that's when a strong (at the time) Louisville program entered the ACC, and the SEC programs at FL, GA, and SC blundered into coaching changes. When the ACC went 13-3 in the rivalry games, we sure looked good.

But that window has closed. Now every ACC school except Clemson who is involved in the rivalry games with the SEC has changed coaches, and this last year there wasn't a competitive game among them. I believe the SEC will be winning rivalry weekend 3-1 for a long time to come.

So if you compare the past 1 year, or 7 years, or 20 years, your comparison is unfavorable for the ACC. Worse though is the fact that the future will also be unfavorable.

Remember that we are also talking about the weaker side of the SEC, and generally the stronger side of the ACC.

The entire ACC--outside of Clemson--only won one game during the regular season vs. a Power 5 school last year. 1.

That's not a typo.

1 out of 13. (Duke over Northwestern.)

If the SEC didn't habitually underprepare for bowl games, which is not a skill issue but a coaching one, Clemson would be the ONLY source of bragging rights for the entire conference.

I don't care what any talking heads say. The only reason i even know who Finebaum is is from watching Clemson videos. But the facts are as undeniable as the South's disadvantages in the Civil War. A 14-school conference, half of whom are private and city-based, does not have a level playing field with a 14-school conference that has 13 public research universities (plus Vandy with its incredible endowment.) Every SEC school has more resources than Clemson. And they certainly have more money, expectations, tradition and fans than all the rest of our ACC brethren.

I'm not in favor of giving up on the ACC. It is going through the next phase of growth, and some ACC programs don't have a strong foundation yet for football. It took Dabo a few years to get us here, and I'm really hoping Babers and Mendenhall are the new wave of the second tier. (Kinda giving up on Fuentes.)

But I'm not holding my breath. If our goal is to have the ACC surpass the SEC--do we really have to bring the Wuffies and Tarholes along?--it won't happen again before 2025.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Communist, Marxist, and Coot fan. ]

You obviously are a coot, because you are asking me to prove what I have already proven above...But, since you seem unable to comprehend earlier posts, here is the simple truth: The ACC has more wins than losses against the SEC since the CFP started. And including the last year of the BCS, where FSU beat Auburn for the title, the ACC has 3 (two different teams) championships to 2 (one team, Alabama) for the SEC in the last 6 years. And without Alabama, then the SEC is laughable.

Now, I know that the beat down that Clemson gave to your best team last year has had all kinds of excuses given, but the reality is that we beat the hide off the bleeding tide, and the tide gave up! I have never seen a Championship game where the other team just gave up like that, admitting that they could not stop the Tigers. So, if our best demolished your best, and we had a winning record in bowl games, while the SEC did not, including going 2-1 in bowl games against the SEC, then yes, the facts support that the ACC is better than the SEC in football the last few years. Anything else is subjective and opinion...the field is where the decision is made!

Jun 28, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Communist, Marxist, and Coot fan. ]

And your pick of Trotsky as your icon further betrays your allegiance to Clemson...

Jun 28, 2019, 4:05 PM

My icon is Karl Marx, my username is comrade Trotsky.

You’re very original

Jun 28, 2019, 4:16 PM

There’s a reason the only communists are 22 or younger. Ditch that ideology quick when you actually understand how the world works

Re: You’re very original

Jun 28, 2019, 4:24 PM

I'm not a Communist though.

Jun 28, 2019, 4:29 PM

Then why is your username Trotsky and your picture of Marx? Unless you’re just being a troll

Jun 28, 2019, 5:15 PM

I was learning about both of them in class, and on my own, when I made this account. So they were the first names that popped into my head.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:07 PM

And that's an excuse for picking Soviet politicians when you go to a school that was American military? Yep, that makes so much sense. ??

Jun 29, 2019, 9:19 AM

That’s right, yes.

Jun 28, 2019, 12:21 PM

If our intent is to improve in any endeavor, we would be remiss if we did not look at those who have gained success and also base our degree of success on a valid standard. And, in doing so, we resort to a comparative analysis.

A simple comparative analysis of the 2018 season results for football show that Clemson, with one exception, easily defeated all of their ACC opponents. We are also aware that during the 2018 season, Alabama, with one exception, easily defeated all of their SEC opponents. In the national championship game, Clemson defeated Alabama 44 - 16. If we apply the same logic that the ACC was weak, should we not say the rest of the SEC was weak?

There has been a multitude of excuses re Alabama's loss to Clemson. Someone suggested Clemson would lose by two TDs if they had played early in the season. That is only speculation and based simply on the perception that Alabama was unbeatable. We only get one chance in football and Clemson met that challenge. Alabama failed.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

23-23 says You and the dawg are wrong!

Jun 28, 2019, 12:43 PM

Last 46 head to head the two conferences are .500. And, don't give me the match ups thing, b/c you folks are the ones saying the SEC in it's entirety is "elite"! It's not!

But, Tiger fans, L. Trotsky and the dawg fan homer is what you get when you base everything on your "feelings" and not facts!

Get out your feelings and smell the turf. ESPN has been feeding the mindset you all have and you don't have the "G2" to break out of it. They talk SEC b/c the SEC has mostly large fan bases with large stadiums and mostly a following that really cares about football. Really passionate. But, none of that actually makes you better on the actual football field. Athens and Clemson are how far apart? You all act like there is some "other plane" SEC players come from or something. Also, not true! SEC players come from the same schools many ACC players come from! You all have bought the propaganda hoook line and sinker like a "sucker-fish"!

You all are not very honest with yourselves SEC homers!

Draft picks and recruits are not the only or best metrics to look at

Jun 28, 2019, 12:39 PM

For one, the conference that gets more of the better HS players should automatically have the most players drafted. Doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to put those 2 together.

The argument could be made that based off the talent disparity, the SEC has comparatively underachieved in head to head competition with the ACC. Using only the metrics you posted, you’d be inclined to think that it’s not even worth playing football or trying to compete if you’re not in the SEC.

I’m not disagreeing that it is a better league top to bottom than the ACC, because it most certainly is. But this notion that it’s head and shoulders above every other conference because they have the most draft picks is absurd. Even more absurd is the explaining away of their champion getting beaten by the lowly ACC champion by 4 TD’s that they were beat up from their grueling conference schedule when they averaged a higher margin of victory in conference than Clemson did.

I would hope nobody is arguing that the ACC is better than the SEC as a whole. What most (if I can speak for majority of Tnet, a mistake) are pushing back on is the narrative that the SEC is some dominant force and far and away the best conference in the country like they were in the mid-late 2000’s because that’s just not true.

Re: Draft picks and recruits are not the only or best metrics to look at

Jun 28, 2019, 12:56 PM

Very well said. I agree that top to bottom the SEC is better, but that does not negate the over-the top- chirping done by the media and fans (of which they have plenty) about everything SEC. Fans of other conferences are tired of hearing about SEC speed. SEC this, SEC that ... all of which is mostly poppycock. There are fast players, strong players, athletic players in every conference. I still chuckle at the punter that did more bench presses than Jadaveon Clowney.

South Carolina has everything that the SEC brags about .... a bunch of fans (mostly delusional), SEC speed (whatever that is), a large stadium that fill up each Saturday (still wondering why), highly paid coaches (wondering about that one too) ..... and their program still sucks. SEC, SEC, SEC .....oh yeah!

Jun 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

I think it depends on what argument someone is making. I do think the SEC is a better overall football conference. However, too many people try and take that to mean that it takes away from a top team in the conference whether it be Clemson or FSU in a particular year. The best team in the country doesn't have to come from the best overall conference as Clemson has proven over the past few years.

That also doesn't mean that every team in the SEC is awesome, or that every ACC is garbage, or that things don't change from year to year.

I do think stats can be misleading at times. The ACC has a winning record against the SEC over the past several years overall, which supports my last point above. I think though that record has a lot to do with many of those games being between the best ACC division and the worst SEC division. I also think that Clemson beating several SEC teams during that time has had a large impact on the overall record.

I think the ACC had closed the gap quite a bit 2-3 years ago, but last year was a terrible year for the ACC outside of Clemson. Pitt finished the year at 7-7, and they played for the ACC championship for goodness sake. Pitt had 2 or 3 losses by 30+ points in OOC play.

Jun 28, 2019, 1:18 PM

Moreover, why do we even care. We have won 2 out of the last 3 National Titles.

Jun 28, 2019, 1:43 PM

Did some checking, Pittsburgh has signed 3 top 150 over the past 4 years, and Virginia signed one this past year. How can we be sure the rest of your information is correct?

Jun 28, 2019, 2:16 PM

He's right though.....the SEC has the best Football.......

EXCUSES, top to bottom. Keep em coming SEC!

Jun 28, 2019, 2:29 PM

I think what some people are missing during the comparison between ACC and SEC are the matchups. I think you need to expand to ACC and SEC vs all power 5 or vs all ranked teams.

ACC:
vs FBS: 54.7%
vs P-5: 29.6%
vs ranked teams: 18.8%

SEC:
vs FBS: 76%
vs P-5: 57.8%
vs ranked teams: 50%

ACC went 3-13 vs ranked opponents last season, clemson had 2 over those wins. ACC won 29.6% of games vs P5 and clemson can claim half of those.

24/7 ranked conferences at the end of last season and based on above metrics ACC was ranked 5.

Yes i know it's only 1 year and 2018 was a down year but the discussion should be expanded to how the overall conferences do vs ranked teams and other teams from power 5. short answer (for 2018): not good.

Jun 28, 2019, 4:15 PM

Disagree. The OP was comparing the two conferences and saying there was no comparison. So that is the conversation. And we proved that the OP was wrong. Head up comparison over last 5 years, ACC 28, SEC 26. And look at Alabama last year, Arkansas St and Louisiana were FBS opponents that they beat, and are included in your stats...I think if it is broken down, you will find many of those on SEC schedules. And yes, that does not include Citadel, which of course is a good comparison against the coots! I do know that the ACC was praised last year for the number of P5 opponents compared to other conferences...

And yes, the 2018 was not a good year...since you ran the first numbers, why not look at the last 5 years and re-run them?

Again, if the ACC is Clemson and a bunch of clowns, and Alabama ran through their SEC scheduled just like Clemson ran through their ACC schedule, wouldn't that make the SEC, Alabama and a bunch of clowns? And our team beat Alabama by 28 points! And it could have been much worse! So doesn't that make the SEC clowns worse than the ACC clowns?

I would also like for you to publish the source of your numbers! That way we can see the SEC leaning press that you use!

Jun 28, 2019, 7:44 PM

I am not a fan of conference worship. I am a UF fan (cousin played for them 69-71) and CU fan (starting in 2005 when my daughter was accepted). If you go back to 1992 when SC and AK joined the SEC and F$U joined the ACC; The SEC has won 12 NCs and the ACC 5. During the same time in Men's basketball, the ACC won 10 and the SEC 6. During that period, the SEC often had multiple elite CFB programs at the same time. The ACC seems to have trouble fielding more than one. That said, it has more to do with timing. When F$U came in the ACC it was already an elite program. Its biggest potential competition Clemson was already headed toward the cliff. When Clemson arrived as a player in 2015, FSU was headed toward the cliff. We will have to wait and see if F$U or Miami ever fields an elite team again.

Another timing factor was the SEC having the 2006-2012 NC win streak. The arrival of the SEC Network soon after just magnified the pro SEC sports media message. Clemson is currently an irritant to that message, but the ACC as a whole is not. However, that is not Clemson's problem, its the the other 13 ACC team's problem.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Syracuse is the 2nd best team in the ACC.
Georgia is the 2nd best team in the SEC.

NC State is the 3rd best team in the ACC.
LSU is the 3rd best team in the SEC.

Virginia is the 4th best team in the ACC.
Texas A&M is the 4th best team in the SEC.

Miami is the 5th best team in the ACC.
Florida is the 5th best team in the SEC.

In what reality are these teams close to each other? What color is the sky when you walk outside?

Looks like Crump needs an "Ice Axe"....

Jun 28, 2019, 5:16 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Crump needs an "Ice Axe"....

Jun 29, 2019, 9:29 AM

Stalin was a jerk for that. Couldn’t let me live out the remainder of my life writing papers about how awful he was.

Jun 28, 2019, 10:40 PM

But basically who gives a puck , all I know is my team is the best and by the score of 44-16.
That’s all!

Jun 28, 2019, 10:52 PM

Based on the number of replies to this post, I'd say you failed at stopping the ACC vs SEC comparisons...miserably

Jun 29, 2019, 9:29 AM

A lot of the comments have been attacks or questions directed at me lol. But, you’re right. This didn’t help.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:11 PM

Just for the sake of it, I'm going to agree with you for a sec....

And follow it with.....we just beat the best of that "best" conference 44-16.... So ACC still ended with the top team, and we finished better than anything that "best" conference had. Nothing you say will change that.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:27 AM

I agree with you. Clemson beat Alabama. Clemson is better than the best team in the SEC. It has to end there though. Don’t try to argue that the ACC is as good, or better, than the SEC at football. That’s a foolish argument since it is factually incorrect.

Jun 29, 2019, 11:47 AM

What you fail to realize is...FACTS don't support your argument that the ACC is inferior to the SEC. Your assumptions do! If you published the same comparisons a few years ago, then everyone would be laughing at you because the ACC teams beat those match-ups rather handily! What you are doing is working on perception...I agree that by perception, formulated by the overrating of the SEC teams, the SEC is a better conference. But the perception of the bowl season before the games, was that Georgia would demolish Texas, Alabama would walk all over the Tigers, Coots would run through Virginia, Miss St would demolish Iowa, etc. BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! And the two ACC teams you lost to were both by 28 points! So, perception may not be the best argument. That is why we look at game scores to determine the winner! And when you look at the game scores for the last 5 years, then the ACC is the winner, 28-26. Now, if we had a requirement that each team of each conference would play each other, then most of this speculation would be over, because they would settle it on the field. Absent that, the only metric that matters is the win-loss column!

I am being obnoxious about this because of the arrogance displayed by the SEC and their smug insistence that they are the best...Like Ali after a championship bout, except that Ali won the match! The SEC did not. I agree that if you look at longer time frames, then the SEC is superior, but that is not what you were doing. You were implying who would we choose now...which is present day. You then looked at last year as your tell all proof, which was a down year for the ACC. Why not look at 2016 when the ACC went 10-4 against the SEC? That is just three years ago! Almost all sports articles said that the ACC was the superior conference that year! The only thing that has changed since is the demise of Louisville and FSU! And the rise of Georgia and Fla. If those two stayed the same levels, then the ACC would have won last year also! That is why we argue...

Jun 29, 2019, 12:10 PM

You are delusional. What color is the sky?

Jun 29, 2019, 12:39 PM

Great comeback! No facts, just name-calling...which usually tells everybody who lost the discussion! And according to you, the sky is communist red.

Who had the better team last year? Alabama or Clemson? According to you, Alabama, because they had the higher rated recruits and more draftees! And because they were perceived to be better before the game. That is your argument! We now know that was not the case. We know Clemson had the better team...why? Because of the score of the game! If Alabama had of won, then all of the perceptions would have been proven true, but that did not happen!

Using the same SANE argument, who has the best record against each other in the last 5 years? The record is 28-26. All perceptions aside, it was proven on the field that the ACC had the better teams, because they won a majority of the games. I know you don't accept that FACT, but according to you, Alabama was the national champion last year because they had the best players, the most draftees, the best coach, the most support of the football press, etc. and the only thing Clemson had going for it was the score of the game.

Jun 29, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Does the 28-26 record vs the SEC include Clemson? Because over the last 5 years, we are 10-3 against SEC teams. It’s possible that that statistic is skewed because of Clemson’s dominance, which is independent of the ACC as a whole.

Jun 29, 2019, 12:47 PM

Of course it includes Clemson...aren't they part of the conference? Does your numbers include Alabama? Aren't they 4-2 against the ACC the last five years? Wait, that's right, thanks for pointing out that your best does not have as good a record against the ACC as our best has against the SEC! That must mean something?

If we are talking conferences, why do you want to remove a team to prove your point? Because that is the only way you can win the discussion?

Jun 29, 2019, 4:27 PM

So Clemson is 10-3 vs the SEC, but the rest of the ACC is only 18-23?

Jun 29, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Let me give you a similar argument which will prove how ridiculous yours is...So without Alabama, the SEC does not have any national championships the last 6 years, while the ACC had two different teams win three national championships during that span...so obviously, the ACC is a better conference!

See how stupid that sounds?

Jun 30, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

The interesting part is it is all due to certain teams falling.... Go a few years back, you'd be laughing at the recent record of FSU vs Florida. Half of these conversations wouldn't even be happening if FSU hadn't tanked....nor half the Coastal. Miami, VT, even UNC were all ranked teams when the ACC Championship was played the past several seasons vs Clemson... But the one year that the Coastal didn't produce a ranked team, and certain people are loving jumping on it.

Except for that winning ACC vs SEC record over the past

Jun 29, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

5 years. We'll just put that matter of fact, not speculation, on the shelf then for convenience sake.

I'll take better teams over better individual players any day, any time, any sport.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 1:14 PM

Wins and loses are the measuring stick of football. Not who has the best recruits (based on bias). Not who has the most drafted players (great producers in college get overlooked). In wins and loses the ACC is competitive with the SEC.

Wins and loses are the measuring stick of football. Not who has the best recruits (based on bias). Not who has the most drafted players (great producers in college get overlooked). In wins and loses the ACC is competitive with the SEC.

Jun 29, 2019, 3:34 PM

No, according to a few of you guys, SELECTIVE wins and losses are the measuring stick of college football.

You say the postseason means more than the entire previous body of work.
You say the 4-year record or the 5-year record means more than the most recent year, the most recent decade or the most recent 20 years.
You apparently say that your anarchist approach to logic is equal to the buffoonery of the idiots on some talk show nobody cares about.

Why do you have to become idiots in order to answer Paul Finebaum's perceived idiocy?

Let me spell it out for you:
During the regular season of 2018, in WINS and LOSSES, the SEC HAD THE MOST SUCCESSFUL OUT OF CONFERENCE RECORD IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Since in-conference records have to balance out to .500, only OOC affect Strength of Schedule.

During the regular season of 2018, in WINS and LOSSES, the ACC HAD ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC OUT OF CONFERENCE RECORDS IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. And if the statement is about the "rest of the ACC" outside of Clemson, the conference was absolutely the worst. Don't even bother trying to argue that.

Not based on draft picks, not based on recruits, not based on team speed, not based on overrated coaches, or game attendance or $$$ payout from the conference. (BTW, in ALL of those ways, the SEC was superior, too.) Perception is based on reality, so would you please stop pretending that yours is correct based on your selected facts, and someone else's isn't.

Because I acknowledge that, does that make me a fan of the SEC? Not on your life! Does that mean that after all their talk their embarrassing postseason disappointed me? No! The exact opposite!

On the other hand, when the ACC beyond Clemson is just as bad this year, and next year, and the year after that, I'm not gonna look stupid because I never pretended that the Tarholes and Wuffies ever held up their end of the bargain. They don't. It will be a decade before they do, if ever.

The pathetic Gamecock athletic program gets more of a payout from their SEC affiliation than Clemson does from the ACC, even though Clemson is the lead dog and moneymaker for the entire conference. Our Tigers' sweat equity is paying for a foundation for the other 13 teams who aren't ready for the big-time because of the ACC's equal-distribution policy.

If you care about the future of the ACC, we need to make sure the other little sisters are actually building programs that are worthy of competing against us.

Based on WINS AND LOSSES, only a few are.

And congratulations to Bronco and the Cavaliers. I'm proud as can be of the only other non-Tobacco Rd member of the ACC for the last 60 years. Those guys will be formidable when they cycle onto our schedule.

Jun 29, 2019, 8:03 PM

Sorry to be picky, but the OP did use the five year recruiting ratings and the 4 year top 150 selections... since he used those time periods to prove that the SEC was better, then it would only be logical to use those times for the head to head results...If he had of stated that in 2018, the SEC was better than the ACC, then that would have been fine and dandy...but he did not! My response was directly related to his assertion of who was better over that 5 year period. There was nothing selective about it, it was a response based on his own parameters. I even acknowledged that if you go farther back, the numbers get better for the SEC. The ACC is 19-17 against the SEC over 3 years, and 28-26 over 5 years...fact, and not selective, but a response to the parameters the OP made.

Jun 29, 2019, 8:38 PM

I like cheese...
I LIKE CHEESE!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 29, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to stop ACC vs SEC comparisons ]

Still chuckling at the pathetic attempt of the Gamecock fan who authored this thread reeeeeeaaaaaaaching for some way to feel relevant in football. If your conference has to engage in an ad campaign designed to overhype and self promote themselves, that should tell you something. If their fans regurgitate that propaganda in lieu of actually winning football games, we’ll that should tell you something as well.

I can’t imagine how painful it must be to suck so bad you’re relegated to taking solace in some other conference program’s success. Clemson has never been relevant in basketball but I don’t recall hearing our fans boast about UNC and Duke......or some rigorous murderer’s row of a conference schedule “week in and week out”. No, we’re pretty secure in who we are. There’s no need for us to brag about some other’s accomplishments or put forth some contrived reasoning that we’re actually better than what we really are.

Jun 30, 2019, 11:02 AM

I started this thread. And I am a Clemson fan that believe the SEC is better than the ACC in football. Shocker.

Sorry, but I completely disagree.....

Jun 30, 2019, 12:47 PM

The ACC and SEC are currently much closer than you give the ACC credit for, especially in the last 10 years.You sound like the BROKEN RECORD known as ESPN, also known as ESPiN or the ESecPN network.

In my opinion, give it a rest. Yes, the SEC has had so very strong football over time, but more recently are in pretty much a dead heat for the best overall conference today. The ACC, in spite of those cheating Tarholes can be held on a level plane withe the SEz from top to bottom.

Furthermore, the ACC kicks the SEz's #### in academics and basketball, and we hold our own in everthing else. Plus the ACC doesn't cheat in recruiting as much as the SEz, nor do allow rampant use of HGH in our football programs like Bama and UGA are pumping into their boys like candy. It's very expensive to test for HGH, so the SEz (nor the NFL test for it.

Anyways, screw those cheating SEC programs. Go ACC, and especially our beloved CLEMSON UNIVERSITY TIGERS!! Amen :)

Replies: 139
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic