Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have to protect Trevor and TL has to protect himself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,296

We have to protect Trevor and TL has to protect himself

Dec 31, 2018, 11:51 AM

We all know Bama’s game plan is going to include trying to remove TL from the game. Legally or illegally it does not matter. Expect cheap hits like the ND lineman took. TL getting hurt is the only way we lose this game.

I know running Trevor will be a big key but he has to protect himself and slide more. Him running is going to allow Bama to take shots if TL doesn’t slide.

Should be an interesting game plan from Tony but taking Trevor out of the game is a priority for Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have to protect Trevor and TL has to protect himself

Dec 31, 2018, 12:20 PM

Given the chance, the shots Bama will deliver to TL will be nothing like what ND did. Bama will be much harder and more dangerous. Want proof: Rewatch the Bama games with Deshaun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 12:26 PM

As long as the ""HITS"" are ""LEGAL"" that's how the game is played -- our defensive guys need to play with the same intensity that Bama; does -- will be a "knock down / drag out" kind of game for sure !!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!

or the cheap shots on Kyler Murray this past weekend

Dec 31, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to protect Trevor and TL has to protect himself ]

2 of them should have been called targeting

One of those hits was criminal.

Dec 31, 2018, 12:55 PM

The Bama player should have been taken out of the game by his coaches. The league should penalize Bama for his actions and the officials for not making the call. The booth can call targeting any time they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: We have to protect Trevor and TL has to protect himself ]

The good thing is that Deshaun didn’t give up, and I am sure TLaw won’t either. This isn’t their first rodeo with the Tide, they know exactly how they play. Luckily for us, this defense is not the best we’ve seen (2016 was probably the best), and keeping QW away from TLaw is a top priority.

Best of luck to anyone who tries to play keep away with...

Dec 31, 2018, 12:57 PM

our defense. Tua has never heard footsteps like he will when the ball is snapped. It won't sound like footsteps to him it will sound like a stampede.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest

Dec 31, 2018, 12:37 PM

I can’t imagine Tua being able to finish this game. Big hits are part of the game and I expect us to deliver some. So if they want to try a few cheap shots on our players it’s gonna end poorly.

I wouldn't take a cheap shot at Tua if I played for Dabo.

Dec 31, 2018, 12:52 PM

I'm not saying I'm above taking a cheap shot but there's no way I'd get on Dabo's chitlist. We play clean because it's demanded.

Not about a cheap shot, it’s not who we are

Dec 31, 2018, 12:58 PM

Point is I don’t think he will last because he’s injured and we will be hitting him as Georgia did. On the other hand we aren’t gonna just allow any cheap shots on our guys. If the officials look the other way, I’m sure we’ll start “playing to the last echo of the whistle.”

They tried to crush Murray's skull.

Dec 31, 2018, 12:51 PM

Watch the game, targeting and personal foul just don't do it justice. The defender planted his facemask in Murray's throat then drove upward to knock Murray's helmet off while lifting himself above Murray's head and driving into his neck and skull. We've been flagged for a much less than half of such a vicious hit.

I'll take a 10 yard flag for holding if that's what it takes. I'm fine with a 15 yd penalty for clipping or a facemask or any other flag any day over exposing Trevor to such an unfair and cheap shot POS.

I know one of our guys may get out of character but Dabo won't have it.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,296
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic