Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF

Feb 6, 2019, 12:40 PM

Continue to be amazed with the success that Clemson Football has produced over the past 5-10 years. Until proven wrong, I will keep trusting them, their development, and enjoy the ride.

At 29 recruits, I'm surprised we didn't finish with a Top 3 class. With Clemson now a destination school, hoping we can find BOTH quality and quantity in upcoming classes.

Time for coaches to once again develop a 6-10 ranked class into a Top 1-2 ranked finish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF

Feb 6, 2019, 12:43 PM

Dabo recruits in a way that “the pundits” don’t understand.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 12:54 PM

Equally as important .... The Tigers have the most STABLE coaching staff. When a young man chooses Clemson, he also chooses to play FOR Caldwell or Venebles or Scott etc.
That’s a biggie in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF ]

Exactly. Another thing to consider about this class, most of the top players signed during the early period, prior to the CFP Championship game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 6, 2019, 1:10 PM

And, to add to that, seventeen of next years freshman class are already in school and will go through spring ball.

TBH ... I don't understand sometimes either***

Feb 6, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes,

Feb 6, 2019, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: We have the best coaching staff in NCAAF ]

that's why they're called "Pundits."

Feb 6, 2019, 1:23 PM

Our coaches have been turning classes ranked in the 5-10 range into teams ranked in the 1-4 range. They have it figured out. I'm enjoying the ride.

Feb 6, 2019, 1:47 PM

Bingo

You can't just "Kirby" a bunch of paper stars into championships. You need to recruit top talent that fits the the culture and mindset of the program and fits the skill-set of what the coaches can develop. Otherwise you keep being Georgia... very good but rarely great.

There is enough error with 'evaluating stars' in the top 10 recruiting classes that as long as you can develop the players in that pool, then you will have an advantage over other "top 10" classes.

Who here think that PedState, Miami, or the real USC 2018 classes are better now than our 2018 class?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic