Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th,

Feb 6, 2019, 2:47 PM

9th before today even started? And now hanging on at 9th, 10th and 10th. How do they go back and lower player ratings after the original signing day?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simple, the SEC

Feb 6, 2019, 2:48 PM

it just means more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: simple, the SEC

Feb 6, 2019, 3:19 PM

Look, I'm as frustrated as anyone else but let's not make excuses. Eight teams rated above us in recruiting?? And we've won the NC two out of the last two years, and our football facilities rated number one in the nation the last year??? And we are ninth in recruiting? And we just lost the number one RB in the country to Mississippi?? What have they won lately? Alabama again has the number one recruiting class in the country after losing to us by 3 TD's in the NC game. Which suggests that they will probably stomp us next year. If I'm missing something here, please point it out. I am totally open to re-education.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:29 PM

We didn't lose Ealy. He never committed or signed with Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 4:21 PM

"If I'm missing something here, please point it out."

Yeah, like everything you said ...... as usual!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, "we".***

Feb 6, 2019, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: simple, the SEC ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

4 TDs

Feb 6, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: simple, the SEC ]

Excuses? 3 td’s? I have a TD for you. -1 coot.

Feb 6, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: simple, the SEC ]

Apparently you have no idea how this works.

#3 RB...0...4 TDs... NOPE... Coot monicker... Necessity.***

Feb 6, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: simple, the SEC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?***

Feb 6, 2019, 2:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We moved down a week ago, long before the day even started.

Feb 6, 2019, 2:55 PM

They lowered player ratings.

The people in front of us made waves today, we had it all

Feb 6, 2019, 3:00 PM

wrapped up a month ago...No place to go but back

Re: We moved down a week ago, long before the day even started.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to We moved down a week ago, long before the day even started. ]

Great. Alabama's probably moved up!!

Re: Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?***

Feb 6, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?*** ]

We missed on a several of the big-time players. Given who we are, we still don't do the recruiting thing very well. I continue to be puzzled by this, but we are apparently missing a gear at some point in the process. Bama and several others, surprisingly, continue to kick our butts. Go figure.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:25 PM

Yet we continue to kick butts on the field, where it counts. Just who kicked whose butt on January 7th?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Someone needs a CT scan

Feb 6, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?*** ]

There's an empty cranium running around...like a chicken with its' head cut off, only different.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we do the "recruiting thing" better than anyone else

Feb 6, 2019, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?*** ]

not one bit concerned with the rankings. 2020 will probably be top 5 but it's been proven we don't need top 5 classes to stay on top.

The cultural fit is more important than the star ranking. Just like any talent acquisition, a top notch talent isn't going to do as well here if they don't "fit".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did we sign today that would have moved us up?*** ]

News flash dood! It's about winning the national championships, not winning the recruiting championships. Dabo gets players that he knows can play, not players who some sports analyst says can play!

#1 where it counts...but it's all number signed

Feb 6, 2019, 2:55 PM

SEC and Bama always over sign. I think 33 today? I'v never really understood how.

We had 29. Usually we have 15 and rank higher than this. I

Feb 6, 2019, 2:57 PM

was happy with our ranking after the first signing day, but good grief, we keep dropping, we'll be in the teens. Makes no sense for a program that has been to 4 straight playoffs and 3 of 4 natty games and won 2.

Re: We had 29. Usually we have 15 and rank higher than this. I

Feb 6, 2019, 3:03 PM

Remember we were "ranked" 7th with TL,XT, Ross (4 star to some), and Dixon ... and those guys won a Natty.

Over half the class was 3*, it pulled our average down***

Feb 6, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to We had 29. Usually we have 15 and rank higher than this. I ]

Re: We had 29. Usually we have 15 and rank higher than this. I

Feb 6, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to We had 29. Usually we have 15 and rank higher than this. I ]

Are you folks serious? We have won 2 out of 3 national championships. I'll take national championships over recruiting championships any day of the week.

Re: #1 where it counts...but it's all number signed

Feb 6, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to #1 where it counts...but it's all number signed ]

So that explains the disparity between the quality of their recruiting classes and ours? Really? How is that so?

Because the Tiger Staff uses a

Feb 6, 2019, 3:31 PM

Different rating system. Highly effective, remarkably accurate...as two Nattys in three years can attest. Get. A. Clue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 where it counts...but it's all number signed

Feb 6, 2019, 3:42 PM [ in reply to #1 where it counts...but it's all number signed ]

Most rating services count only 25. I suppose they count the top 25. Another factor that does not come into play by today's rankings is the possibility that some of these signees will not qualify but will have to go the JC route. Dabo and staff usually are on top of this and do not sign those who they feel will not qualify. Furthermore, character and how a prospect "fits in" with the team concept eliminates a large number of prospects. We will never get all those we want but we do get prospects that do want to come to Clemson for more than football.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th,

Feb 6, 2019, 2:56 PM

The same reason we keep increasing our National/CFP ranking.... there is hype, hype, hype and then there are results, results, results. We rank low in hype, high in results.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:24 PM

Please clarify. Are you saying that Bama is inaccurate in their recruit evaluations?

Feb 6, 2019, 4:26 PM

No we are just better! I think we proved it on the field .....like your team proves it isn't worth a cr*p on the field.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:02 PM

Prior to today some of our player rankings were downgraded (we had a couple move up too but not enough to offset) and other teams signed additional higher ranked players today. We have some elite players in this class. Overall, however, this is a large class with a lot of 3*s for depth. I think next year we see a top 5 class.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:09 PM

I guess the dynasty is over since the Tiger staff can't recruit. I suppose I need to cancel my hotel room in NOLA next January 12 - 14. I was looking forward to the trip.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th, ]

why not get a bunch of 4 stars for depth

Feb 6, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th, ]

Yes, I was surprised to see the large number of 3 stars in this upcoming class. We still don't seem to be able to get the top players.

Feb 6, 2019, 4:07 PM

What cave have you been living in for the last decade? Dabo and staff could care less about star ratings! The 3 star players Clemson has signed and developed over the previous decade could make a starting team in any number of programs envious of ours. Get over the negativity and recognize we pay a staff and support personnel to fully evaluate talent, character and potential which have absolutely nothing to do with "stars" for particular recruits.

Trust the staff and quit complaining over what others accomplished. Other than my interest in a few different schools I could care less about recruit rankings.

Go Tigers!

Feb 6, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th, ]

dgcannon39 said:

Yes, I was surprised to see the large number of 3 stars in this upcoming class. We still don't seem to be able to get the top players.

We got some of the top recruits that the coach's wanted, we missed a few that just didn't want Clemson, and we passed on some that were evaluated as not good for the school. Are you really as dumb as you sound?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple, other teams passed us in the recruiting rankings

Feb 6, 2019, 3:07 PM

which moved us down.

Hth.

Oh and also, RenegadeTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 6, 2019, 3:14 PM

We're cycling out!

Feb 6, 2019, 3:19 PM

The rankings are done by many of the same people who do the polls. They are so SEC biased that it is not worth reading.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: How'd we go from 5th, 6th and 6th in recruiting to 8th, 9th, ]

We simply missed on some top players. My question is "how?" Trevor Lawrence is the "trigger man" in our offense. Coming out of HS, Trevor was a five star, the number one HS recruit in the country! Where would we be without him? The number one college QB in the country. The correct answer is "nowhere." Some of our key receivers were 5 stars. We don't seem to be getting these players now. I hope I am wrong. Food for thought.

Feb 6, 2019, 4:29 PM

Y'all miss out on all the top players. If you may have missed it, but Trevor came to Clemson. You have some Bentley guy who is into moral victories and 21 point losses.

Focus, accountability and teamwork.***

Feb 6, 2019, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Focus, accountability and teamwork.***

Feb 6, 2019, 3:28 PM

What are three things can't understand?

I will take South Carolina deficiencies for 1000 Alex. (cues Daily Double soundbite)

Feb 6, 2019, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Focus, accountability and teamwork.*** ]

What are three things coot can't understand?

I will take South Carolina deficiencies for 1000 Alex. (cues Daily Double soundbite)

Feb 6, 2019, 3:49 PM

I still think that we'll be okay. I must admit that I tend to be a "glass half empty" guy. My main concerns have regarded the LOS, but really we have some studs coming back, and moving up. Plus we have some of the best offensive players in the country rising up. And, Trevor Lawrence will kick butt and win the Heisman.

Feb 6, 2019, 3:52 PM

As long as “we” finish #1 in January, I don’t care how we finish in recruiting. Dabo recruits the person first and the athlete second

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ALL IN - I trust Dabo and his staff

Feb 6, 2019, 4:02 PM

They are #1

Be happy

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 4:12 PM

There have been a number of good and reasonable answers thrown out there already, but let me add one more. Look at our roster. Now, tell me where an inbound player sees a lot of playing time, no matter their talent. DT may be our thinnest position, and yet the guys there are studs who just need there time to shine, but players like CW a d Dex are rare that come in and play that way as Freshman DTs. Early, the RB that signed with Ole Missus would have seen the field, but wasnt supplanting ETN, and will likely play baseball anyway. So, if I am a hotshot player who is likely a 3 and done, I likely go elsewhere. There is no conspiracy. I think this year we likely signed some good depth that coaches will develop into future starters. That is good enough for me.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic