Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Renfrow on loss to Orange: "It sucked. I mean, it hurt"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Renfrow on loss to Orange: "It sucked. I mean, it hurt"

Oct 17, 2017, 4:09 PM

Renfrow on loss to Orange: "It sucked. I mean, it hurt"

Clemson wide receiver Hunter Renfrow met with the media after Friday's loss at Syracuse and was his usual, upbeat self. Tuesday in Clemson, he admitted that the loss to the Orange wasn’t pleasant for any of the coaches or players. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfro is just awesome...

Oct 17, 2017, 4:15 PM

On a HORRIBLE night, he was the only bright spot and his usual model of complete consistency. What a player.

His work ethic and commitment are top notch....

Oct 17, 2017, 4:26 PM

He is in my top ten favorite Clemson players of all time

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#99 was awesome also!***

Oct 17, 2017, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Renfro is just awesome... ]

Agreed, #99 was all over the place and he rarely goes out!***

Oct 18, 2017, 8:56 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Renfro is just awesome...

Oct 18, 2017, 2:07 AM [ in reply to Renfro is just awesome... ]

Agree he was amazing in making several incredible catches. He voiced what many on Tnet felt and said. We'll spoken young man. Tigers got knocked down, but we're not out. Next round against the jackets.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't play FSU this year?

Oct 17, 2017, 4:19 PM

Do they forfeit? We'll need the win.

Re: We don't play FSU this year?

Oct 17, 2017, 4:50 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Them and NC State are huge!

Oct 17, 2017, 6:46 PM

I think, unfortunately, that we lose one, maybe both of those games. The coaches refuse to play the most talented QB available----ring up some memories? And stubbornly continued to play a caliber 2 Qb (Division-2), who in addition to his deficiencies could hardly walk. All the while having a 5-star QB sitting on the bench?? I think Dabo got his million dollar raise just in time because reality is about to descend.
DGC

Oct 17, 2017, 6:56 PM

We were at the Carrier Dome 90 minutes before kickoff. It was very obvious KB could not run without a limp and he could not cut at all. He should not have played and both backup QBs should have been ready to play. All we needed was one good play on offense to spark both offense and defense. Coach V did not have our D ready. They were not even set on many snaps and consistently got pushed around. CW and DL got manhandled most of the night. DL looked gassed all night. Was he sick? &

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't play FSU this year? ]

We were at the Carrier Dome 90 minutes before kickoff. It was very obvious KB could not run without a very noticeable limp and he could not cut at all. I'm sure Syracuse scouted his condition during our warmups. KB should NOT have played and BOTH backup QBs should have been ready to play and need to be READY FOR ALL REMAINING GAMES. All we needed was one good play on offense to spark both offense and defense. Coach V did NOT have our D ready. They were not even set on many snaps and consistently got pushed around. CW and DL got manhandled most of the night. DL looked gassed all night. Was he sick? All of CDS's talk about not liking to play on Friday night and looking forward to the open date filtered down to the coaches and players who thought all they had to do was get off the bus. "On any given day" as the saying goes is still true. Dino had his team ready. CDS did NOT have his team ready.

Oct 18, 2017, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: We don't play FSU this year? ]

Maybe you should apply for the job, you are smarter and we could pay you ten percent of dabos salary. Of course you are likely worth less.

Oct 18, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: We don't play FSU this year? ]

Thanks for sharing your opinion dirtpecker.

Oct 17, 2017, 6:50 PM [ in reply to We don't play FSU this year? ]

They are sub-par this year, but good luck with that. Probably an L.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:10 AM

Beat it Coot, you'll get yours! No life, gotta act like a tiger fan to feel good. Sad!!

Renfrow the ultimate baller. Was born for the game of football***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:24 PM

Re: Renfrow the ultimate baller. Was born for the game of football***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:36 PM

If somebody does not give him a chance to play at the next level there is no justice in this world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uhm, there IS no justice in the world BTW***

Oct 17, 2017, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Think New England Patriots and all of their great undersized

Oct 17, 2017, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow the ultimate baller. Was born for the game of football*** ]

receivers.

Wesley Welker***

Oct 17, 2017, 6:48 PM

Really, it builds character, really !

Oct 17, 2017, 4:47 PM

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ? (groan ...) Regardless, the future is now (groan)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Syracuse needs to lose again

Oct 17, 2017, 4:56 PM

probably likely but we are not automatically in the ACC championship if we win the rest of the ACC games

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: New Story: Renfrow on loss to Orange: "It sucked. I mean, it hurt"

Oct 17, 2017, 5:37 PM

David, you forgot Fla St in your closing.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:22 PM

Didn't mean to. I really don't know what they have. I'm a raging tiger fan, but I try not to let it make me delusional. Red flags were everywhere. Look at the Wake game. Is Wake a national power? And yet they took us into the 4th quarter, when we finally won by sheer weight of numbers. We have, in my humble opinion, been consistently beaten on the line of scrimmage. Add to that terrible coaching decisions, and you have a recipe for disaster. We played a number of skin-of-your teeth games last year, and slid by. But eventually luck runs out. I'm hoping for the best, but have said all along that by that this team has been vastly overrated. Do you honestly think that Alabama would have lost to Syracuse?? My guess would be Alabama by 4 touchdowns, if Syracuse was lucky. So where does that leave us? I frankly don't know. My impression: We have a 5* QB sitting on the bench, while we persist in playing a division-two level QB, even when he doesn't have a severe ankle injury. I can't make any sense of this. Help me out here. If Dabo has a weakness, it is stubbornness.
DGC

It should have hurt Hunter more than anybody else.

Oct 17, 2017, 6:06 PM

He played exceptionally, like he always does.

Re: It should have hurt Hunter more than anybody else.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:28 PM

He is exceptional. Wish the rest of our team had his dedication.

"With a Refrow on both flanks, we could whip the world."

Oct 19, 2017, 8:58 AM

Stonewall Jackson

Renfrow in the circle of Honor

Oct 17, 2017, 6:08 PM

Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor Renfrow in the circle of Honor

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Renfrow in the circle of Honor

Oct 19, 2017, 8:53 AM

Would you repeat that please?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 7:28 PM

Win out and we are in the ACC Championship? What if we win out and Syracuse wins out, wouldn't they hold the tie breaker and go the Championship over us, assuming that NC State has more than one loss?

I almost posted this exact same post earlier...

Oct 17, 2017, 9:19 PM

...then after I typed it out i decided how ridiculous it sounds. Syracuse is not going to win out. We made them look way better than they are. They lost to Middle Tennessee.

Syracuse is not going to win out, people need to.....

Oct 18, 2017, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Renfrow on loss to Orange: "It sucked. I mean, it hurt" ]

quit posting that. There's no need for every Tigernet article or player interview to lay out what every other team's division scenarios are.
Syracuse played a fine game on Friday. But they have a bunch of conference games left and will drop at least two of them. I suspect we'll see the first one dropped this weekend.
Bottom line is that a 7-1 conference record by Clemson will win this division. The only time it hasn't has been with either FSU or Clemson went undefeated while the other had the 1 loss.
Since division play has started....the only teams to even get to a 7-1 or 8-0 record have been Clemson and FSU. Even when Wake had their season and BC had the Matt Ryan teams, they won the division at 6-2 or even 5-3.

The odds of a scenario where NCSU, Clemson, & Syracuse all finish 7-1 is very, very low.
I also think NCSU may drop one at Wake or at BC.....just seems like they'll be due for an "upset" at some point on the road, and they have had their struggles with those two teams.

The hardest part is getting Clemson ready to roll for these next 3 games. Players aren't going to worry about division tiebreakers or whatever, they need to just go win and it will be there in the end.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:47 PM

Renfrow showed that he was giving 110% again, as usual. He was all over the field and had a spectacular performance.

What it takes to be another champion

Oct 18, 2017, 3:02 PM

People always have told me. Either a team is that dominating from the start to win out all year long to win a championship or they have to take a tough loss out get it in gear. After Pitt the close games pretty much stopped and we started playing championship football. This year we have been dominating but these next few games will be interesting. Also fyi clemson sucks terribly to tempo offense I've seen so any teams that don't normally play tempo play tempo against us to get quick yardage so :p Brent Venables kyrptonite really.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic