Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We do have a tax revenue problem:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 654

We do have a tax revenue problem:

Nov 16, 2018, 10:41 AM

Personal income tax receipts up 7.8% but corporate tax revenue down 28.5% because of the sweeping corporate tax cuts.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/aug/17/patriot-news-alerts/did-us-have-record-tax-haul-after-trump-tax-cuts-s/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another source:

Nov 16, 2018, 10:45 AM

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2018/08/13/Are-Tax-Revenues-Really-Rising

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even Obama favored cutting the corporate rate***

Nov 16, 2018, 10:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: even Obama favored cutting the corporate rate***

Nov 16, 2018, 10:52 AM

yup, but to 25%, while while raising rates considerably on top incomes. But we all know how unfair that would be, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still doesn't mean we have a tax revenue solution

Nov 16, 2018, 11:26 AM

Assuming no new spending of any kind, for decades....

Yall just go ahead and figure out a tax rate, brackets, or whatever that will pay for our current spending, future entitlement and spending obligations, and pay down our $21 trillion debt.

I'll wang up and listen.

For the record, I wasn't thrilled about Trump's tax cuts. Only thing from this point forward that will thrill me are spending cuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still doesn't mean we have a tax revenue solution

Nov 16, 2018, 11:31 AM

Where do you want the cuts though?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everywhere. Starting with entitlements

Nov 16, 2018, 11:46 AM

Which are the biggest killers.

Social Security is a good start. When it started, 65 was longer than the average life expectancy. Today that's 15 years before the average death. Change the age to 75.

Medicare/caid - Another huge liability. Best solution is single payer for everyone, and subsequent ###### medical care for the poor. THEN allow private insurance to thrive. Overall we'd be better off. Won't happen because equal protection and all.

Defense - Make the Pentagon PASS an audit. I'd wager you could cut defense 20% and with proper accounting they lose no capability.

Raise capital gains taxes (this is how the rich get richer)

Slap a 75% tax bracket on the top 0.2% of incomes. That will get a LOT of what is missed by capital gains now.

Flat tax for the rest, tapered down towards the poverty level. Maybe 20%. Everyone needs skin in the game. Labor in the game. Dollars do not matter.

Then cut 10% across the board for all other discretionary spending.

THEN (important) EVERY penny saved pays off the debt. Not new crap. Debt ONLY. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could get behind every one of these.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:04 PM

I think we should do a few additional things in the medical field:

- Dump tons of money in education for doctors, if you are smart we will pay for your school, flood the supply side.
- Engage in a meaningful medical liability tort reform. Every procedure, body part, death should have a standard liability amount.
- Doctors that devote 10% of their time to serving the single payer platform can get a sizable tax break.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could get behind every one of these.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:21 PM

You could get more Nurse Practitioners for a fraction of the costs to educate doctors.

https://www.ajmc.com/focus-of-the-week/nurse-practitioners-play-an-increasing-role-in-primary-care

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Tiggity, you and I come at it from completely opposite

Nov 16, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Everywhere. Starting with entitlements ]

directions but wind up in nearly the same place.

the life expectancy is longer but the ability to work isnt

Nov 16, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Everywhere. Starting with entitlements ]

much longer. I think its been indexed as far north as possible. I think it should preferably be abolished altogether (not likely) or otherwise means tested.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put caps on defense, Medicare, Medicaid, and raise

Nov 16, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Still doesn't mean we have a tax revenue solution ]

the SS age eligibility.

what kind of cap do you envision?

Nov 16, 2018, 12:51 PM

like a cap based on percent of GDP?

At current levels of spending.***

Nov 16, 2018, 3:49 PM

from a macro standpoint I wasnt trilled but for me

Nov 16, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Still doesn't mean we have a tax revenue solution ]

individually I absolutely love them.

Re: even Obama favored cutting the corporate rate***

Nov 16, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: even Obama favored cutting the corporate rate*** ]

Your hate for corporations and constant complaining leads me to believe you are super UDP and just mad that you cannot make a decent living in this life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did also, just keeping it real.***

Nov 16, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to even Obama favored cutting the corporate rate*** ]

Re: We do have a tax revenue problem:

Nov 16, 2018, 11:15 AM

I don't really care about issues like that. It's the cost of MAGA. There are bigger issues. I am just glad we have a leader now that isn't divisive like Obama, doesn't wear Mom jeans, doesn't bow to foreign leaders, and has stopped North Korea's weapons testing and nuclear program, even MS13 is walking with their families to turn themselves in at our border. Even major issues like the black NFL payers getting uppity taking a knee he has stopped. Soon hopefully he will get rid of the media. The list goes on and on how great he is. He is the best president in US history. The national nightmare of Obama and family is gone, MAGA

^^^^"white"^^^^^

Nov 16, 2018, 12:33 PM

donor

Replies: 18
| visibility 654
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic