»
Topic: The screen and fast pace offense....
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 6:49 PM by: deleted
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

The screen and fast pace offense....

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 4:11 PM

Anyone want to guess why we didn't call one screen against SCU or why our offense didn't run at the normal fast pace...we were getting the ball of at 27 seconds...it seemed like it was 18-20 against SCU.

Only guess is we needed to get the D some rest...I have no answer for why we didn't run one screen play.

We did try a screen once but.....

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 4:13 PM

Taylor or Clowney knocked it down. I think that may have been the biggest concern. All they have to do is tip it, the ball goes up in the air, pick it off and run it back.

Re: We did try a screen once but.....

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 4:18 PM

those were wr screens no HB screens - which arent the same type of screen - if we run hb screens we get more yards on second and third - lack of underneath play was the culprit - all the qb to get the ball out quick the game is different

Re: We did try a screen once but.....

[1]
Posted: Nov 29, 2012 4:37 PM

Exactly. I was watching SC's ends, and as hard as they charge upfield, there's a lot of space in the B and C gaps. That's part of the reason we were able to run the ball so well.

Wish we had exploited it in the passing game.

Re: The screen and fast pace offense....

[2]
Posted: Nov 29, 2012 4:16 PM

I said it before, someone slipped Morris a Mickey before the game!!! It was not Clemson offense.

Yep, disappointed about not enough run, screen, short passes

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 6:48 PM

GoTiGERs...Stand Up & FIGHT Boys!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Jeff Scott??***

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Replies: 6  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
600 people have read this post