Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flagstaff gonna be freakin freezin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Flagstaff gonna be freakin freezin

Dec 25, 2019, 2:39 PM

Never been to the fiesta bowl. Looking forward to taking the kids and wife this time. I thought it would be a great idea to fly into flagstaff, see the big hole, drive down to Sedona for a couple of days to mountain bike or hike, then on to Phoenix on Saturday and flight outta phx on Monday.

It’s been snowing for the last day and a half with a forecast low of around 12 in flagstaff!!!! Didn’t really dawn on me that northern Arizona gets freaking cold at 6000 feet.

Leaving in the AM... Wish us luck!!

(And if anyone has a 4wd in northern az that I can use for a few days, that would be great....)

Go tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flagstaff gonna be freakin freezin

Dec 25, 2019, 3:33 PM

If you hike or mountain bike, please stay aware that there are some vicious wild animals up in those mountains, stay close together with a can of the animal repellent Pepper Spray for each person... Hindsight is useless after an occurrence, just like getting caught with your pants around your knees when an animal is crouched and ready to attack!!! Just be safe for your family bc it do happen to people that think it will never happen to them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just being honest.

Dec 25, 2019, 3:57 PM

But I think the OP should probably just stay home and watch it in the safety if his home instead. Fella didn't even think to check weather forecasts, you think he'll spend extrie time buying peppa spray for all?

Re: Just being honest.

Dec 25, 2019, 5:08 PM

Probably not but, I lived in Phoenix for 5 years, and some people that I met and liked that were life time Amazonians, they would take me and GF up in the mountains camping in Tonto national forest to get away from the Phoenix heat in the summertime, and they constantly preached Bear and Mountain Lion safety, and the must have Pepper spray for protection against the Bears and Mountain Lions!!! A 44 magnum is a good thing also....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just being honest.

Dec 26, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Just being honest. ]

Prepare the best you can and enjoy the journey. I stayed in Flagstaff for the first Alabama championship game and it was 10 or 12 inches on the ground then. I flew into Reno last year and had snow to the point that there were 4WD or chain restrictions (thankfully I rented a 4WD so that I didn't have to fight the chains). It was just more to the experience. Just FYI there are some big gaps between gas stations going down the mountain. Thought I would wait so that I had more gas for the return trip and almost ran out.

Dec 25, 2019, 3:56 PM

I live in Sedona. Don’t hike in Flagstaff. Hike Sedona...it’s premier and there’s no worry of animals (rattlesnakes are in hibernation right now and wild animals stay off the main trails). My favorite hike in Sedona is airport Mesa. It’s a 3 1/2 mile hike that let’s you see the town from a birds eye view. When you go to uptown Sedona, stop by the Fudge Co (best fudge in town) and stop by the local coffee shop- Theias. Arizona is amazing and there is nothing prettier than snow on the red rocks and Grand Canyon. Phoenix will be about 25-30 degrees warmer than Flagstaff. Flagstaff is one of the coldest places in AZ. Go Tigers!!! Enjoy your time in AZ!!!

Dec 25, 2019, 4:23 PM

I’m in a similar boat, flying in from Florida tomorrow where the high will be in the 80s and Phoenix will be highs in the 50s. Not looking forward to the difference in temperature but Tigers need our presence there!

Dec 25, 2019, 5:15 PM

50's in Phoenix wasn't that cold to me, and I believe it's bc the Humidity is very low in Phoenix, and the air is very very dry!!!

We did it a few years ago...

Dec 25, 2019, 4:23 PM

before the championship game v. Bama.

Wanted to see the sun rise at the Grand Canyon. It was a whopping 0 degrees with about six inches of snow covering the ground.

When we got back to Phoenix a few hours later, it was bright and sunny and 74

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We did it a few years ago...

Dec 25, 2019, 5:48 PM

I took my daughter horseback riding in Sedona when we went out for the NC when Auburn played Oregon. It was a lot of fun 2hr ride recommended

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 7:18 PM

Any good horse back riding you can recommend near downtown Phoenix area?

Dec 26, 2019, 12:37 PM

We just googled

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a cousin in Flagstaff who revels in the cold and

Dec 26, 2019, 4:34 AM

snow.

I believe the city sits at some 7000+ feet, so they usually have snowy winters. Safe journeys to you and have a great trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic