Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting DOMINATED in Trenches is getting old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Getting DOMINATED in Trenches is getting old

Jan 2, 2018, 11:28 AM

Pretty embarrassing how bad we got beat up front on both sides of the ball...unfortunately Dabo seems delusional when talking about the trenches and nothing will change

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DL played great. We were missing Tre at LB which hurt.*****

Jan 2, 2018, 11:30 AM

Is getting old??

Jan 2, 2018, 11:50 AM

How often have we been beaten in the trenches the past 3+ years??

Agreed....

Jan 2, 2018, 11:52 AM

....we dominated both sides of the trenches when we played your coot criers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something a little cootish about this one

Jan 2, 2018, 11:52 AM

Too bad we can’t play Usuck every week cuz we absolutely dominate them on both sides

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting DOMINATED in Trenches is getting old

Jan 2, 2018, 11:57 AM

Interesting. First time in the last 3 years that ONE side of the trenches was dominated. Poor attempt @ trolling, though.

Bama's players major in "weightlifting science"

Jan 2, 2018, 12:09 PM

Their "labs" are full of dumbbells.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 12:15 PM

Our DL played great

This post seems "Coot-sy"

Jan 2, 2018, 12:19 PM

To me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17, 56-7, 34-10***

Jan 2, 2018, 12:20 PM

Jan 2, 2018, 12:22 PM

I bet it is. Fortunately, it will happen for a long time to your team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..... for Coots.***

Jan 2, 2018, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We definitely didnt get dominated in the trenches on Defense

Jan 2, 2018, 12:28 PM

We held Alabama to 261 yards. Scarbrough went 12 carries for 24 yards (2.0 ypc). Harris went 19 for 77 (4.1 ypc), which was his 2nd worst ypc on the season. Combined, their RBs went 31 for 99 (3.2 ypc), with a long of 11 yards.

All of our problems were on the offensive side of the ball. Based on the past 2 years, there was no reason to expect that we'd be able to run the ball on Alabama. Etienne getting injured (likely concussed) pretty much guaranteed we weren't going to be able to run the ball with our RBs.

It was all up to Bryant and the passing game, and he wasn't good enough to get it done.

I doubt it happens, but there needs to be an open competition at QB throughout the spring/summer. Bryant had a good season overall, but we need elite QB play if we want to win more national titles. Bryant has lots of talent, but he simply couldn't read the defense or step-up in the pocket, and he's now been here for 3 years. Odds are, he's not going to finally pick up being a pocket passer in year 4.

If Johnson or Lawrence are better than Bryant, they need to play from the get-go. You always hate to see a guy lose his job, but elite QB play is likely all that kept us from winning back-to back titles.

Re: We definitely didnt get dominated in the trenches on Defense

Jan 2, 2018, 12:53 PM

Good stuff on the Bama rushing stats. To say we got dominated on the defensive line is total hyperbole and inaccurate. O-line, sure. But a lot of teams’ O-lines get dominated by them. I’m guessing Georgia’s will too.

The only counterpoint I’ll make to elite QB play being a necessity - I think this Bama team could be beat with a good but not great college QB. Auburn did it, and it didn’t take miracles. Miss St nearly did it. But you have to get up on them. Like us, Bama is built to play from ahead or even. They rarely if ever have to come back. Once you get down a couple scores, it’s really Fn hard to come back on this Bama team without an elite QB. We had it last year and the year before. Not this year. Once we got down multiple scores, we started forcing and we were essentially playing their game with - as you pointed out - less than elite QB play.

you mean like when the Tigers DOMINATED usuck in

Jan 2, 2018, 12:34 PM

every facet of the game to claim #4 in a row in what seems to be a winning streak over your chickens that has no foreseeable end???

usuck and your savior "Sniffles" Bentley were humiliated from the opening kick-off to the final whistle. It was fun laughing in derision when it became obvious about the middle of the 1st quarter the outcome was already decided.

Did you get to throw anything on the field or extend your middle finger towards the Tigers?? It was the only time that afternoon that anyone wearing garnet & black---including your hapless team---showed half a ########

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting dominated at the LOS?

Jan 2, 2018, 12:56 PM

What do you call this image from our victory in the 2016 national championship game alst year, when we turned one of those "mighty" Bama Dlinemen into a blocking sled?

Jan 2, 2018, 1:08 PM

Our DL has been considered one of, if not the best in the country over the past 3-4 years. Maybe our OL hasn't been considered on that same level, but how many games have they been dominated in the past few years? I'd say last night was the only one that comes to mind. Teams loaded up the box on us all season long, and all 3 of our leading running backs averaged at least 5.0 yards per carry for the season, with Feaster averaging more than 6, and ETN averaging more than 7.

Yes, our running backs are very good, but you don't put up those numbers with an OL that's getting dominated, especially when every defense you play is loading up to try and take away your run game. Very few teams have been able to beat Bama up front, and the ones who have had success against them such as we did the past 2 years, have done so by spreading them out, and not by overpowering them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic